Sign in to follow this  
Echo

Combine replacement mods with the original or no?

Question

Say I have an armor mod and then I've also installed a mod another author made to change the texture and/or 3D model of the original armor. I don't ever plan on wanting to uninstall the new texture but keep the original, so should I combine both of those mods into one for organization purposes or leave them separate?

(Edit: The replacement mods aren't standalone and require the original)

Edited by Echo

2 answers to this question

Since the 2nd mod with the texture change wouldn't need to have a plugin and therefore isn't taking up a plugin spot, there is no reason to merge them, you aren't actually gaining anything.

Edited by GrantSP
  • Upvote 1

I would leave them separate, personally. Lots easier to change things. (Yes I did read you said you're not intending to, but things and minds change)

• Upvote 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By lv4321
      I am planning to add mods that may conflict with each other in the future, would a merged patch ensure that the don't conflict? and with the amount of mods i have right now, is it even necessary?

for the mod cleaning, i heard that you shouldn't do it if you are just an everyday user/casual user and not an experienced modder? Is it even that necessary?

so far is my mod load order, if needed,
      https://imgur.com/a/P3E1Z

EDIT: Moved this to the "General" forum as it has nothing specific to Mod Organizer in it.
    • By lv4321
      So i created a merged patch after adding some mods and I know that you should put the merged patch LAST in the order. However, should you put it last in your load order even under plugins not included in the merged patch? Esp. mods that state to not include them in a merged patch?
    • By CacklingIdiot
      Good day,

When I install the file 'Update - Male corundum Dragon Priest mask texture fix" for 'Improved Closefaced Helmets (Legendary Edition)' I am not prompted to merge the two files as described in the detailed instructions for that mod. Would it be okay to do this myself manually?