Left Hand Rings

phosphor

I was always slightly annoyed by this as well, and depending on your difficulty level or what-have-you, another ring might not be too over powered.

I just pulled this out of thin air, so don't theory-craft me to death, but one interesting way of dealing with multiple rings would be to diminish each one's effect depending on how many you equipped.  Say you had a ring that added 100 health (for simplicity's sake), each new ring you added on would knock off a percentage of the current value, not a linear subtraction off the base value.  In this example using 15%, adding a second ring would bring the health boost down to 85, a third makes it 72.3, a fourth: 61.4, a fifth: 52.2... and a tenth bring it down to 23.2.  To make 10 identical rings "break even" you'd have to bump it up to ~22%.  So the formula would look something like:

Final value = Initial value * [ (1 - Decimal percentage) ^ (Number of rings - 1) ]

It's just one of the things that doesn't get carried over from the other games. It actually makes you wonder if Skyrim is lore friendly to The Elder Scrolls, since there were a few things left out like a left hand with the inability to bling, minotaurs, dreugh, silence, burden, water walking, or the lack of enchanted arrows.

With something like ASIS on expert or higher, this may almost be necessary, good find.

• 1 year later...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21720

From description:

"Left Hand Rings by duggelz, version 1.4

Adds rings that are worn on the left hand. You can wear two rings at once, one on each hand. These rings can be crafted, enchanted, bought from merchants, and found randomly as treasure."

Just browsing through my tracked files today and found that this mod was updated. I used it before and never had problems. I believe it's a nice mod to have for you enchanters over there. You have to hands, why can't you wear two magic rings?

It looks good but could be OP, especially with some of the better rings.

A mod where having lots of rings "diluted" the efficacy of each one and/or added a (small) magica drain on each would be quite interesting - e.g. for two rings it would take up a decent (50%?) proportion of your magica regen.