College of Winterhold, problem with the beams from the magic fountains

Cookie_Dynamics

Question

Hi there, 

I use (and love) the Poupori - First Seed - ENB preset , but upon reaching Winterhold I noticed something...  

The magic beams that are launched up towards the sky from several fountains around the College aren't visible unless there's a wall in the back. 

Here are a few screenshots displaying the problem.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm not sure if this is going to be relevant, but here are the specifications of my computer:

GPU:   GeForce GTX 680
CPU:  Intel Core i7-3770K CPU 3.5 GHz
Memory: 8.00 GB RAM

Can anyone help me?   Any suggestions on what I should change to fix this?

Thank you in advance

10 answers to this question

Hi there, 

Just an update with the solution.  

At the enbseries.ini , under the Weather category there's the option entitled "EnableMultipleWeathers". 

If this is activated, I get the odd views. 

If this is deactivated, the ENB looks great. 

Here are 3 pictures at the same place. 1) ENB ON  & Multiple Weathers ON ... 2) ENB ON & Multiple Weathers OFF  ... 3) ENB OFF

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wonder what I'm missing by turning "Multiple Weathers" off....    Anybody knows? Thanks in advance.

"EnableMultipleWeathers" gives permission for the ENB to insert new weather types into your game. 

Edited by Cookie_Dynamics

If that is the case, the issue is going to be specific to the ENB you're using. First make sure all driver and game AA is turned off. If it is and it's not fixed, then I would point the author to this thread or repost this on his/her thread on the Nexus page. Most likely it's an issue with the ENB settings (possibly Mist or fog settings).

It's an odd problem, I mean... everywhere else (literally... everywhere else) it looks astonishingly beautiful. But then... specifically in Winterhold I have this issue.  Very very odd...

About AA deactivation, I did it and also the .ini tweaks the installation instructions mentioned. 

"bTreesReceiveShadows to 1, bDrawLandShadows to 1, bShadowsOnGrass to 1, and bFloatPointRenderTarget to 1" 

I have asked the mod author, when I get an answer I'll gladly edit the Opening Post of this thread.

Thanks for the assistance, I appreciated it. 

In the mean time I'll play a little with the mist/fog settings to see what happens.