ENB Mist Effect and Deferred Rendering

Nudedragon

Question

From what I understand, the deferred rendering is needed for some of the effects in the enbseries.ini. What I'm wondering is whether ENB's mist effect is one of those effects relies on deferred rendering? I currently use Ultimate Lighting Overhaul Plus, which runs Sweet FX alongside ENB, and sets UseDeferredRendering to false by default. 

2 answers to this question

I did a quick search, and Boris has not explained any requirement or lack of requirement of deferred rendering for the mist effect.

However, I have observed that any effects that won't work with UseDeferredRendering=false in enblocal.ini will be greyed out in the ENB in-game GUI, so I tried checking this with the Mist effect option.

Interestingly, when I turn turn off deferred rendering, the Mist effect option is turned off (even though it was set to "true" in enbseries.ini) but it is not greyed out and can be turned back on, as seen here:

Posted Image

Unfortunately, when I tried turning the mist effect on and off, I did not see any visual change on screen.

Therefore, it seems that deferred rendering is required to use the ENB mist effect.