I'm spinning all over!

Halde

Question

Hi all!

Being finally able to launch Skyrim, and perhaps even play the game, I came into a bit of trouble. In the introsequence, I was spinning. To the best of my abilities, I can describe it as; imagining being the thingie in a magic 8-ball while someone is shaking it. And due to this shakyness, the introsequence seems to never stop. At least when the one guy said "Why are we stopping" and the other guy says "Why do you think" and about 2 minutes after that, we didn't get out of the cart.

I have absolutely no idea what could cause this, but hopefully, someone here does.

Secondly. The loading time was quite long(like 3-4 minutes I think). Can this be written off as Skyrim starting for the first time? I have my SKSE version 1.0.7 and I have in the SKSE.ini set the memory block to 512 and 256 respectively. Should I up this to 768 and 256? About this, in my SKSE.ini file, I've typed: [Memory]

EnablePatch=1

Block1=512

Block2=256    

The reason for this is that I've read here:https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1340369-skyrim-memory-patch-fixing-ils-ugrids-ctd-freezes-for-real/

that what I need to write to make it work changed to this, from the "GiveFirstbornToSheson" thing.  

I do not have Safetyload or that Cell Stabilizer. I assume I have ENBoost installed, I have all the Wrapper files in my Skyrim folder. I also have Season of Skyrim ENB installed. I have about 204 mods. I will upload my modlist, loadorder and plugins. I'm not sure if they are relevant, but they might be. I should note that Mod Organizer gives me no formal errors other than these "Potential Mod order problem". Also, I have TES5Edit backup and "AltF4 Mod" files in Overwrite folder for some reason, but I hardly think that's the problem. 

- I should note; I haven't tried to fix these, because I've read that they rarely matter. 

- 2nd note; My "Better Skill and Quest Book Names" mod is for some reason not detected by BOSS, and as such, BOSS gives an error that I need it for the "Even Better Quest Objectives" mod. I have the mod installed though, so I'm not sure why BOSS is PMS'ing about it.

- 3rd note; I have sat my Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini according to STEP and ENB. 

Move Run For Your Lives after Complete Crafting Overhaul - Separate Vanilla and DLC files
Move Even Better Quest Objectives after Run For Your Lives
Move Enhanced Blood Textures 3 5d after Even Better Quest Objectives
Move The Choice is Yours - main file after Enhanced Blood Textures 3 5d
Move The Choice is Yours - Dawnguard after The Choice is Yours - main file
Move Thieves Guild Requirements after The Choice is Yours - Dawnguard
Move Non-Essential Children after Thieves Guild Requirements
Move The Dance of Death 4-0 Beta - Ultimate Edition after Apocalypse New

~Sincerely 

Halde

modlist.txt

plugins.txt

loadorder.txt

Edited by Halde

The shaking is to do with the frame rate issue, more than likely. If you cap your frame rate at max of 60 that should help with that one...

Not sure with the unable to get out of the cart one, but long load sequence is not unusual.

I think I understated the shakyness. The cart is litteraly being spun around like a mad Russian at an orgie. Like if you went NoClip in Counter Strike, amped up your mouses DPI and then just went crazy. It's not just some screen shake. It's the entire view upside down and sideways.

Well I don't spin anymore! So that's great. Although another problem arose. All NPC characters are missing their eyeballs. Maybe I just need to reload the game, haven't checked yet, but damn it looked freaky. By the way. To decrease load times, is it the distance mods that I have to turn off first? I read in the pinned thread about ILS, that LOD mods should be offed first. And STEP has like 4 of them.

My system:

i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz overclocking at 3.2GHz

GeForce GTX 760m 2GB VRAM

8GB DDR3 RAM

Yes, it's a laptop.

It's just odd, for when I installed STEP the first time around (October last year, version 2.2.7) I had the occasional CTD, but I didn't have these ILS. And frankly I'd much rather CTD once an hour than my loading taking 5 mins. And this was even before the 3rd memory patch.

I second the suggestion above to cap your FPS at 60 if you haven't done so already. It will likely fix both issues and potential future problems.

The starting cart ride is infamous for acting insane at high FPS. In my case, I also spin around and one of the wagon wheels is about 10 feet in front of the wagon.

Also, since you're using a laptop with ENBoost, make sure that you're using the OPTIMUS fix from HiAlgo if it applies to you.

Wait a moment!

Have I been using my sucky integrated HD Graphcis over my GeForce card o_O?

A question on this. The description for the Optimus fix says that I need to add my Skyrim EXE file to the list of high GPU something something. When using SKSE, is it the SKSE.EXE I need to add(because that isn't on the list) or is it the TESV.EXE?

I'm using Mod Organizer if that has anything to with it by the way.

Edited by Halde

Most laptop users say to use the injector version of ENBoost

As a laptop user, you have two options:

1.) Use the injector version. 

2.) Use the wrapper version with the HiAlgo Optimus Fix.

There are downfalls associated with both, but after years of playing and testing Skyrim with a laptop, I've concluded the injector version is a much better option. The only downfall associated with the injector version is that you have to run ENBInjector.exe each time you play. However, the major downfall with the wrapper version is that you cannot use proxy DLLs; in other words, SweetFX and other d3d9.dll mods will not work.

Well I'm fairly certain ENBoost loads. At least all the "info" pops up when I open the game. If using the Injector version, do I need to launch it through Mod Organizer?

I've tested this, and it seems you can launch it outside of MO. I do it via MO just to be safe, though.

Wait a moment!

Have I been using my sucky integrated HD Graphcis over my GeForce card o_O?

A question on this. The description for the Optimus fix says that I need to add my Skyrim EXE file to the list of high GPU something something. When using SKSE, is it the SKSE.EXE I need to add(because that isn't on the list) or is it the TESV.EXE?

I'm using Mod Organizer if that has anything to with it by the way.

Your laptop should automatically use the dedicated GPU (GeForce card) when any version of Skyrim is launched. While OPTIMUS does cause some headaches, it will usually achieve its fundamental purpose in that regard. However, using the wrapper version of ENB or other d3d9.dll mods will cause Skyrim to use your Integrated HD Graphics (I'm not sure why this happens). You should be safe with the injector version, though. You should be able to easily tell which GPU Skyrim is utilizing due to the drastic difference in FPS. Alternatively, Alt+Tab out of the game and monitor GPU usage in the Taskbar.

Note: I found a bug in the latest versions of Mod Organizer that Tannin confirmed. For some reason, the past few versions of Mod Organizer are unable to detect your dedicated GPU. To resolve this issue, add Mod Organizer's executable to the list of applications that use your nVidia dedicated GPU.

Man. Playing Skyrim with a laptop can be a real headache.

Edited by Breems
  • +1 1

Your laptop should automatically use the dedicated GPU (GeForce card) when any version of Skyrim is launched. While OPTIMUS does cause some headaches, it will usually achieve its fundamental purpose in that regard. However, using the wrapper version of ENB or other d3d9.dll mods will cause Skyrim to use your Integrated HD Graphics (I'm not sure why this happens). You should be safe with the injector version, though. You should be able to easily tell which GPU Skyrim is utilizing due to the drastic difference in FPS. Alternatively, Alt+Tab out of the game and monitor GPU usage in the Taskbar.

Ok. I tried out RealVision ENB today(first I tried Sharpshooters, but the binary was too old), and I had such a horrible FPS. Around 25 indoor(Helgen Keep). with the specs I previously mentioned, is this due to it using the integrated graphics, or does ENB's just pull so much performance?(If you have knowledge of these things)

But I will certainly use the Injector version and try RealVision, or another ENB, if this turns out to be the cause of my massive FPS drop(usually 60 interior, 30 exterior. By the way. I suppose I used to have my FPS capped at 60(I didn't actively do anything to achieve this, that was just the way it was), but now something is changed. In the skill menu for instance, and in general dark areas, it spikes to above 100. Now while this is certainly not a complaint, I would prefer it to be capped at 60. How do I do this?

Edited by Halde

Yes, it sounds like your game is reverting to the Integrated HD Graphics, especially if you're using the performance version of RealVision ENB. Please see the solutions I mentioned above, i.e. using the injector version or using the OPTIMUS fix from HiAlgo for the wrapper version.

There are multiple ways to cap your FPS. You can do it via nVidia Inspector, enblocal.ini, the FPS Limiter mod on the Nexus (not recommended), and other external programs like Dxtory.

It's odd. Even though I am using the Injector version, and have set both MO.exe, skse.exe, Skyrim.exe and Skyrim Launcher.exe as highest Nvidia GPU, ENB still says "current graphicadapter: Intel HD Graphics 4600". Oh ENB how you frustrate me!.

The crazy prisoner cart/Helgen Inro issues has a rather extensive list of potential causes that I will very vaguely sum up below:

Heavy mod script initialization

Solution: reduce number of such mods by disabling prior to game start or use an alternate start mod that allows mods to initialize prior to Helgen Intro or bypass the Intro altogether.

VSYNC Disabled or FPS is higher than 60 frames

Solution: enable VSYNC in your ENB/GPU Panel and/or ensure that iPresentInterval in the SkyrimPrefs.ini is at the default setting: iPresentInterval=1 (use the ENB FPS limiter if FPS is higher than 60)

Mod specific causes

Solution: follow specific mod instructions.

Example: "If you are starting a new character it is HIGHLY recommended that you leave Helgen Reborn UNCHECKED until you exit the cave with Hadvar/Ralof. Make a NEW hard save right there and load my plugin. It's fine if it is installed, just uncheck it in your plugin list until you exit the cave.

A mix of the above factors

The Intro Scene is a period of heavy Papyrus activity, any modifications that heap more into that task load will often destabilize things.

Edited by Kuldebar
  • +1 2