Dreadflopps Modular patches

Thanks for the reply. I think this is just me. I think numerical number with mod's names are easier to pick and choose.

It's not that hard for me to revert the patches to their previous form if other users agree with you. Will definitely think about. I wanted this to be a simpler way but maybe it wasn't.

Thanks for the updates, dreadflopp.  I'd have to agree with darkside, however, I found the individual patches easier to sort through and confidently pick and choose what I needed.  The merges look great but being named after step core and step extended adds a bit of uncertainty to a user like me who uses most of step extended but also has other mods added (regs, srle and my own additions) and doesn't use the extended.esp (most of the fixes are already taken care of through the srle compatibility patch.  There are also too many additions to the step core/extended esps relating to mods I don't use).

It's not a huge deal, I can easily go through tes5edit and edit the patches but, if they're dependent on a mod I'm not using, then I have to add that mod just for the sake of removing that mod.  

Thanks.

@cstarkey42  @darkside

OK, I'll revert the patches :)

I won't do it all the way though, I'll patch the MMO mods against each other and MMO mods against STEP: Core and STEP: Extended and keep the numbering format from the old patches. I think this will be a good way to go. The STEP: Core patch will only need WAF, CCF, Complete crafting overhaul and cutting room floor if I remember it correctly. And the extended patch needs the core mods plus bring out your dead. I'll need to double check this but I'll think it's a good middle way. It'll be done in a day or two. No need to update to the new format, there are only unnecessary records removed, no new stuff added. The old patches still work fine.

Edited by dreadflopp
  • +1 1

Okay good, you got it updated.

Its much easier to read at a quick glance.

I did the whole fake tab thing works great for while but then it becomes messy over time.

Try out this:

Normal line:indent with padding top::larger indent:::much larger::::etc.

oh and you have on the ASIS instructions 'Customized AI'

maybe there is a better one out there. Even in the Skyproc menu it says to use an alternative scripted mod.... I don't don't remember how it was worded though.

Anyhow its nice to see the guide revitalized. I more less got swamped with rewriting mine last weekend.

Will check the ASIS forums regarding the customized AI. ASIS was introduced to the guide by Garfink. I haven't given much thought to it but I'll check on that later. What do you mean by fake tab? I have been using a single : ('indent with padding top') in the guide.

Well, now using 253 plugins with REGS+SRLE+MMO, but no instability issues whatsoever. Thank you so much, I will have to merge all of my merge .esps together to leave more room in my load order xD

Also, I would suggest replacing YieldDot2 with NPC Knockout Overhaul. Most yield mods are flawed in that the repetition of yielding leaves way too many non-hostile enemy NPCs after a fight. With NPC Knockout Overhaul, NPCs in the bleedout state will fall unconscious, including Essential NPCS  ::):

Does this completely replace the vanilla yield system? Can you easily spot which enemies are knocked out and not dead? Do they move?

I'll check this mod for conflicts later and replace yield with it.

Does this completely replace the vanilla yield system? Can you easily spot which enemies are knocked out and not dead? Do they move?I'll check this mod for conflicts later and replace yield with it.

Basically, an enemy in the bleed out state (when they crawl around) will be "knocked out" if they are left in it for too long (about 10 seconds), or if you "block hit" them and they survive. Also, if you sneak behind an enemy, you can either knock them out with your fists or with a mace. A knocked-out NPC looks like a dead one, but when you hover the cursor over them it displays their health bar. The mod is highly customizable, with a separate time of unconsciousness for NPCs knocked out by stealth or excessive damage. The default is 15-60 in-game minutes for stealth (min and max time values) and 1-2 in-game hours for damage takedowns. This is very useful for hostile essential NPCs so that they don't keep getting up to fight you for eternity. For example, in the Civil War camps you can knock out the essential captains. It's also useful in that when they are knocked out, you can decide what to do with them. If you are merciful, you can leave them be, if you are harsh you can kill them, if you are a thief you can take everything they have, and if you are sadistic you can pick up their body and throw it off a cliff[emoji23]

Basically, an enemy in the bleed out state (when they crawl around) will be "knocked out" if they are left in it for too long (about 10 seconds), or if you "block hit" them and they survive. Also, if you sneak behind an enemy, you can either knock them out with your fists or with a mace. A knocked-out NPC looks like a dead one, but when you hover the cursor over them it displays their health bar. The mod is highly customizable, with a separate time of unconsciousness for NPCs knocked out by stealth or excessive damage. The default is 15-60 in-game minutes for stealth (min and max time values) and 1-2 in-game hours for damage takedowns. This is very useful for hostile essential NPCs so that they don't keep getting up to fight you for eternity. For example, in the Civil War camps you can knock out the essential captains. It's also useful in that when they are knocked out, you can decide what to do with them. If you are merciful, you can leave them be, if you are harsh you can kill them, if you are a thief you can take everything they have, and if you are sadistic you can pick up their body and throw it off a cliff[emoji23]

Sounds great, but isn't this theoreticly compatible with yield 2.0, since only the last standing enemy will yield? Unless it prevents yielding from occurring.

Sounds great, but isn't this theoreticly compatible with yield 2.0, since only the last standing enemy will yield? Unless it prevents yielding from occurring.

I uninstalled yield 2.0 because I assumed that it would not be compatible, but I think you're right, they shouldn't conflict. I currently have exactly 255 plug-ins, so I'll have to do some merging to test it [emoji2]

I uninstalled yield 2.0 because I assumed that it would not be compatible, but I think you're right, they shouldn't conflict. I currently have exactly 255 plug-ins, so I'll have to do some merging to test it [emoji2]

Please report back if they work together, or if they don't. I won't play anymore until perkus maximus is released and made compatible. Which hopefully won't be long.

Will check the ASIS forums regarding the customized AI. ASIS was introduced to the guide by Garfink. I haven't given much thought to it but I'll check on that later. What do you mean by fake tab? I have been using a single : ('indent with padding top') in the guide.

What I mean is 5-6 spaces.

like "     "

I used that when I was new to writing. Its a terrible way to keep track of things.

sometimes you'll have multiple 'tabs' and it just turns into a mess in the future...

I didn't take a peak at the source but it looked like you did the fake tab thing... So I was just providing you with the alternatives.

you could even use a padding-left:100px in a spanstyle or whatnot as another method to do tabs.

What I mean is 5-6 spaces.

like "     "

I used that when I was new to writing. Its a terrible way to keep track of things.

sometimes you'll have multiple 'tabs' and it just turns into a mess in the future...

I didn't take a peak at the source but it looked like you did the fake tab thing... So I was just providing you with the alternatives.

you could even use a padding-left:100px in a spanstyle or whatnot as another method to do tabs.

Ah, I see. I don't think I have used this though. I'm a noob when it comes to this. I have checked the source from REGS and SR:LE and learnt from there. Had some 10 year old html basics :) 

I am currently trying to figure out how to make a .css page to make the guide looking prettier but I may give up on that. Checked your .css page as well as SR:LE's and REGS. Figured most of it out but I don't have an eye for these sort of things. 

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Dreadflopp/MMO.css

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Dreadflopp/mmo_test