Unique Border Gates by Duinnin

Ganda

Here.

Fresh new mod in Nexus that changes the border gates to something more immersive that reflects each of the regions that border Skyrim. 

Needs to turn off the invisible Bethesda borders by SkyrimPrefs.ini but that shouldn't be a problem.

Unfortunately I never played any other TES so I have no idea if they are really lore-friendly or not :/

Interesting and seems nicely done from the pics - though I notice a comment about the need to use the optional separate modules if you're playing with Fight Against the Thalmor installed.

Excuse my ignorance because I haven't read all of the FAtT descriptions (fear of spoilers) - does FAtT place a new Cyrodill border area?

Interesting and seems nicely done from the pics - though I notice a comment about the need to use the optional separate modules if you're playing with Fight Against the Thalmor installed. Excuse my ignorance because I haven't read all of the FAtT descriptions (fear of spoilers) - does FAtT place a new Cyrodill border area?

Yes, the 2nd part of FaTT is called Cyrodiil Frontier after all. ::P:

How did the merge go? functional?

Actually, I just opened up the DnnUniqueBorderGates.esp plugin from the main download, and deleted the records for the Cyrodiil border part of the mod.

So, that's the entire Worldspace record group for Block 0, -1 here:

DnnUniqueBorderGates.esp Worldspace 0000003C <Tamriel> Block 0, -1

and in the Tamriel Worldspace, there the Cyrodiil Border Gate map marker and XMarkerHeading for that gate:

DnnUniqueBorderGates.esp Worldspace 0000003C <Tamriel> 00000D74 Persistent 02002DFB

DnnUniqueBorderGates.esp Worldspace 0000003C <Tamriel> 00000D74 Persistent 02002DFC

and then there will be an unused NPC entry for LvlGuardImperialCyrodiilBorder, so you can delete that entire record group if you want:

DnnUniqueBorderGates.esp Non-Player Character (Actor)

After deleting those things, there should be zero conflicts with TheFrontier.esp from Fight Against the Thalmor II (and no conflicts with other the mods of the series for that matter.)

Edited by keithinhanoi

I didn't download the mod yet, but I wouldn't recommend doing it that way, in case there's some stuff left from the cyrodiil border in Worldspace 0000003C 00000D74 Persistent .

And the issue with items in that group is that you can't easily identify where they come from and it contains all the used markers/items and hand placed quest items.

I didn't download the mod yet, but I wouldn't recommend doing it that way, in case there's some stuff left from the cyrodiil border in Worldspace 0000003C <Tamriel> 00000D74 Persistent .And the issue with items in that group is that you can't easily identify where they come from and it contains all the used markers/items and hand placed quest items.

Ah, and you've just taught me a valuable lesson - thanks!

Well, the mod's pretty simple, so I was able to identify two things there for the mods Cyrodiil Border Gate - the map marker and XMarkerHeading sub-records.

I've added those to the list in my post above, but I download the separate border gate modules and compare to what I've got after deleting those records, when I have the chance.

It does conflict? I use Close and Guarded Border Gates and there are no conflicts with those mods... does that border already exist?

I don't use Close and Guarded Border Gates, so I'm not sure about that.

Definitely Unique Border Gate's Cyrodiil border gate is placed right in the same block / sub-block (0, -1 and 0, -4) as Fight Against the Thalmor II - Cyrodiil Frontier's border gate. I only checked in TES5Edit, and didn't go check in game, though.

There's a Point the Way sign sticking out of a tent at the Cyrodil border for me. Fire pit is kinda inside a tree too, but I dunno if it's because I use regular SFO rather than basic. I tested without ini tweaks just for funsies.

EDIT: That should have read WITH AND without. Sleepy posting ftl.

EDIT 2: I'm not seeing a conflict in TES5Edit. Vanilla signpost?

Edited by Noobsayer