Riften Water Issue

MonoAccipiter

Question

Hi, all!

I've been using a STEP-setup with SR:LE's recommended ENB "Unreal Cinema ENB", and I am generally very satisfied with my setup. I am, however, experiencing a strange, bothersome, issue with the water in Riften. As you can see in the first of screenshot I linked to (I apologize for the change of POV between the two screenshots, but I assure you, it made no difference) the water seems overly transparent, and the poles extending underneath the walkway seem to glow. The second screenshot is ENB without the water changes enabled. You can still see the top part of the walkway support, but it's not nearly as visible.

https://imgur.com/skhjjM2,R58GGVv#0

https://imgur.com/skhjjM2,R58GGVv#1

I realize this might be cause by something else than the ENB, so I apologize if I posted in the wrong sub-forum, but any help on the subject would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

It is a general issue with volumetric fog not blocking distance fog properly. Depending on location then it will be more or less noticeable. What you have there is one of the worse cases I have seen.

Only way to remove it is to make changes to the given weathers fog settings.

Ok, I think I understand. So the fog (which I cannot see) somehow affects the submerged pillars? How would you go forth in attempting to solve this problem? As far as I know, I use no weather mods (as I said, mostly step, but with a few addons), but I've been considering adding COT. Would that allow me to fix the problem?

If you use the weather patch for CoT as well, then it might not be as noticeable.... I am not 100% sure how it will look since I am hardly ever testing in riften.

But it is quick to test if you are so inclined. We have made many alterations to how fog works in the weather patch.