STEP v2.2.8 Release

z929669

Don't worry about it, once released the list is not supposed to change. In some rare cases a trigger happy moderator or a bug might slip by but it's pretty stable. 2.2.9 is where the changes are at now.

Thanks

Fred

I installed 2.2.8 a week ago, and there are two mods in my install that are no longer in STEP (Argonian Tail Fix and Skyrim HD).  Granted, might not be a big deal, but I just thought if the change log had dates, then when I feel the urge to update my STEP, I could easily see what has changed since my last visit. By adding/removing mods I gain a better understanding of the whole process, and what things I need to make note of for future reference. So keeping my STEP 2.2.8 MO profile up to date helps me with that.

Maybe there is some way to get email notification whenever the changelog page is modified?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the easiest way to keep my STEP 2.2.8 up-to-date (i.e. be aware of new changes) since the guide is live and changing? I know about the change-log' date=' but it doesn't have dates associated with each change. Is there another page or forum thread that only lists changes as they are made, so I can just check for new changes since last visit?[/quote']

In the past, I've logged into the wiki, and then gone to the 2.2.8 changelog, moused over the Page Tools option, and then clicked the History option in the dropdown menu. That gives you when the page was edited, who edited it, and what they changed. You'd just have to keep track of the last time you checked it.

What is the easiest way to keep my STEP 2.2.8 up-to-date (i.e. be aware of new changes) since the guide is live and changing? I know about the change-log' date=' but it doesn't have dates associated with each change. Is there another page or forum thread that only lists changes as they are made' date=' so I can just check for new changes since last visit?[/quote'']

In the past, I've logged into the wiki, and then gone to the 2.2.8 changelog, moused over the Page Tools option, and then clicked the History option in the dropdown menu. That gives you when the page was edited, who edited it, and what they changed. You'd just have to keep track of the last time you checked it.

EXACTLY

What is the easiest way to keep my STEP 2.2.8 up-to-date (i.e. be aware of new changes) since the guide is live and changing? I know about the change-log' date=' but it doesn't have dates associated with each change. Is there another page or forum thread that only lists changes as they are made' date=' so I can just check for new changes since last visit?[/quote'']

EXACTLY

Thanks - I had not looked at that dropdown menu before.

Now that I have... I think I will just consider 2.2.8 done, and wait for 2.2.9 to make changes. Too little info on the history page itself, and too much info when I try to compare between dates. Not user-friendly enough for a rookie like me who is struggling to grasp all this stuff. Maybe later.

EXACTLY

Thanks - I had not looked at that dropdown menu before.

Now that I have... I think I will just consider 2.2.8 done, and wait for 2.2.9 to make changes. Too little info on the history page itself, and too much info when I try to compare between dates. Not user-friendly enough for a rookie like me who is struggling to grasp all this stuff. Maybe later.

Unless there is a long period of time between updates like there was for 2.2.7 & 2.2.8, then you do not need to worry so much about it dropping those other mods was not going to affect you even if you kept them in your install since they get overwritten by other mods. Most of that stuff on the changelog is housekeeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no such thing. Seriously' date=' where do you see it? I opened 2.2.8 changelog, and the only dropdown menus are STEP on the left, and WIKI on the right, and there's no history option in either of them.[/quote']

Maybe because you are not logged into the Wiki, which may be a different login than the forum.

Unless there is a long period of time between updates like there was for 2.2.7 & 2.2.8' date=' then you do not need to worry so much about it dropping those other mods was not going to affect you even if you kept them in your install since they get overwritten by other mods. Most of that stuff on the changelog is housekeeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote']

Gotcha. I am just working out my process.  I had happened to notice in the mod forum that Skyrim HD had been removed, and since I just installed it a few days ago, was wondering how I could be aware of changes like that. Went to change log, and there it was, but no date. Then I noticed the Argonian tail got axed.

I'm trying to do as good of a job on my end (i.e. maintaining my modded game) as you guys are doing by providing me with all the information to do so.

I do appreciate it.

There's no such thing. Seriously' date=' where do you see it? I opened 2.2.8 changelog' date=' and the only dropdown menus are STEP on the left, and WIKI on the right, and there's no history option in either of them.[/quote'']

Maybe because you are not logged into the Wiki, which may be a different login than the forum.

It is the same username but you have to log into both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd still limit the permissions with some minimal amount of posts requirement. There's no reason why some random hippie who registered hour ago should edit anything.

Sure you can revert everything, but why even creating the possibility of such situation in the first place? But hey it't not my site - I am just thinking aloud :)

Not everything is open to everyone, even I don't have permission for everything. At least I don't think I do, only stoppingby4now really knows. Only a few people can actually change the STEP Guide. As of right now there are really only 4 of us that can do that with 3 or 4 others that are absent for RL reasons. Anyone can edit their own user pages though and they can create mod pages, but you need permission to create a STEP Pack on the wiki.

And I was a random a hippie about a year ago and my first contribution was a guide to using Skyrim Uncapper correctly, so not all edits are bad.

Archived