STEP v2.2.8 Release

z929669

Greetings everyone, I would like to thank this community for this project.

I have been following STEP since a very long time, thanks to STEP I learned a lot about modding handling a tweaking my skyrim.

I have been a silent watcher/user so far. But I would like to give my grain of sand to the community by giving feedback.

I'm in the process of installing the latest STEP. (could take a while since this will be a busy week). but I will make sure to read and do everything as is said. I'm also getting a benchmark record on every step where is suggested.

I would like to also say that the STEP "extended" is a bit confusing. What's the difference between STEP extended and the "packs?. I guess that STEP extended is the mods that doesn't have a green indicator on the list (as someone else said in a prior post). but still is a bit confusing.

Anyways I will try to give the best feedback I can once I have installed all the mods.

best regards and thanks for your work!.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to have you! STEP:Extended is the official STEP pack and will be separated from the Core Guide on a later release so it will make more sense this and be less confusing.

Thanks ;)

Also here is an example of my ongoing Benchmark. Am I doing ok? (Dedicated Memory vram and system vram did NOT appear on my GPU-z)

Posted Image

Another piece of feedback:

I can't find any easy way whitin the guide were it explain what BCF are and how to use them.

From my research they are Bain Conversion Files, and they are used for Wrye Bash (but since I use mod organizer I think I don't need them right?)

So my suggestion is to put information on what BCF are and how to use them.

Just wanted to point out that in the "detailed intructions" of Skyrim Flora Overhaul. There the following line:

Add/modify the following under [Grass] in Skyrim.ini to reduce the quantity of grass (as seen in this comparison):

When clicking on "this comparison" sends to this broken link: https://static2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/141-1-1361951544.jpg

Just wanted to point out that in the "detailed intructions" of Skyrim Flora Overhaul. There the following line:

Add/modify the following under [Grass] in Skyrim.ini to reduce the quantity of grass (as seen in this comparison):

When clicking on "this comparison" sends to this broken link: https://static2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/141-1-1361951544.jpg

Fixed for that one. Z needs to do an additional text replace of static to static-

Another little detail:

In the "H" section the first entry:

Bellyache's Creature Pack.//  (Medium) //   Use the "Default Animal Replacement Med Res" located in the Miscellaneous files.

It's not clear if I should install the main mod PLUS the default animal mod or JUST install the default animal replacement mod.

My guess is that I should ONLY install the default animal mod, because the main mod is an installer with options, and generally when there is an installer STEP points out which options to choose. Still I think the word ONLY should be included in the description.

====

Also in the Diverse Priest description says:

Core users NOT using the STEP Core patch install DiversePriests_ConsistentOlderPeoplePatch.esp. Extended users NOT using the STEP Extended Patch install DiversePriests_ConsistentOlderPeoplePatch.esp and DiversePriests_BringOutYourDeadPatch.esp.

But what about users that ARE using the patches? Just don't install the mod at all?

=====

Also on the SMIM notes at the end it says:

NOTES: The following can be safely deactivated or removed if using the USKP and the STEP Patches.

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp - redundant with the Unofficial Skyrim Patch

StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp - redundant with the STEP Patches

StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp - redundant with the STEP Patches

Mod Organizer GuideMO File Tree Instructions

File Tree: Hide the following files:

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp

Does this mean that if I'm NOT using the STEP Patches I must NOT hide/delete them?

======

(I hope I'm not annoying you with my posts, if I'm being too detailed or picky with my feedback please let me know)

Another thing ( I had to make another post because I reached the limit of quotes (I think only 3 quotes per post is bit short)

When installing the Improved Closefaced helmets the descriptions says:

Note: Please remember that earlier there was instruction to download the Improved Closefaced Helmets -- WAF and CCF Compatible Versions file during the Weapons and Armor Fixes install.

From Improved Closefaced Helmets -- WAF and CCF Compatible Versions install:

• Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp
Posted Image Notice:Currently BOSS doesn't recognize the Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp, so you will have to manually move it in your load order to come immediately after ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp

When I install that "Improved Closefaced Helmets -- WAF and CCF Compatible Versions" should I merge it with the original mod? or should I install it in a separate mod at the end of the list just after the Improved Closefaced helmets mod?

Another thing ( I had to make another post because I reached the limit of quotes (I think only 3 quotes per post is bit short)

When installing the Improved Closefaced helmets the descriptions says:

Note: Please remember that earlier there was instruction to download the Improved Closefaced Helmets -- WAF and CCF Compatible Versions file during the Weapons and Armor Fixes install.

From Improved Closefaced Helmets -- WAF and CCF Compatible Versions install:

• Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp
Posted Image Notice:Currently BOSS doesn't recognize the Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp, so you will have to manually move it in your load order to come immediately after ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp

When I install that "Improved Closefaced Helmets -- WAF and CCF Compatible Versions" should I merge it with the original mod? or should I install it in a separate mod at the end of the list just after the Improved Closefaced helmets mod?

That is up to you. I merge them since it is just plugins and you will only use one plugin out of five.

It's not clear if I should install the main mod PLUS the default animal mod or JUST install the default animal replacement mod.My guess is that I should ONLY install the default animal mod, because the main mod is an installer with options, and generally when there is an installer STEP points out which options to choose. Still I think the word ONLY should be included in the description.

Yeah, install only the "Default Animal Replacement Med Res" download.

*snipped quote about SMIM files*Does this mean that if I'm NOT using the STEP Patches I must NOT hide/delete them?

You need to keep the following 2 files if not using a STEP patch.- StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp- StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp

Three quotes is plenty. I was getting tired of the humungous posts in the old forum. It's quite ridiculous on the occasions where there are 5 quotes in a post, with a one or two line response. Information is available in the thread, we don't need entire conversations being duplicated with no limit. That's why a thread exists, to contain the information for a conversation.

Archived