STEP v2.2.8 Release

z929669

Three quotes is plenty. I was getting tired of the humungous posts in the old forum. It's quite ridiculous on the occasions where there are 5 quotes in a post, with a one or two line response. Information is available in the thread, we don't need entire conversations being duplicated with no limit. That's why a thread exists, to contain the information for a conversation.

What if we're replying to more than 3 people on a thread in a single post, or maybe replying to someone who has a lot of questions where it would be preferrable to adress each question in a separate quote? I do that quite often.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three quotes is plenty. I was getting tired of the humungous posts in the old forum. It's quite ridiculous on the occasions where there are 5 quotes in a post, with a one or two line response. Information is available in the thread, we don't need entire conversations being duplicated with no limit. That's why a thread exists, to contain the information for a conversation.

What if we're replying to more than 3 people on a thread in a single post, or maybe replying to someone who has a lot of questions where it would be preferrable to adress each question in a separate quote? I do that quite often.

That's what MultiQuote is for. The three quote limit is the "depth" of quotes, not total number of quotes in a post.

I finally ended installing step

Here are my final benchmark results:

Posted Image

Custom mods:

Climates of Tamriel

Climates of Tamriel - Weather Patch

Supreme Storms

Real Rain

Splash of Rain

ELFX

No more blocky faces

Detailed Cities

Increased Character Heigh

No snow under the roof

Cloaks of skyrim

Faster Vainilla horses

Deadly Combat

Improved Skill books

Immersive Weapons

Immersive Armors V6

What do you think?

Really enjoying STEP, if you read the wiki guide carefully it's mostly just a matter of time before you get it working. Downloading the mods takes awhile for me, since I don't have too fast of an internet connection, and then actually installing took a few hours because I followed the guide very carefully and double/triple checked to make sure I had all the correct mods AND that I followed the install instructions for each mod to the letter. The end result is well worth it, though, it is a very good base to build on. Installed some packs and am absolutely loving Skyrim again, STEP has breathed new life into the game for me.

I am glad that some are actually taking the time to follow all of the details. Although it took you a lot of time, I'll bet that your time would have at least quadrupled had you not been so attentive to the guide instructions. Same goes for most I'll bet ;)

Thanks

Really enjoying STEP, if you read the wiki guide carefully it's mostly just a matter of time before you get it working. Downloading the mods takes awhile for me, since I don't have too fast of an internet connection, and then actually installing took a few hours because I followed the guide very carefully and double/triple checked to make sure I had all the correct mods AND that I followed the install instructions for each mod to the letter. The end result is well worth it, though, it is a very good base to build on. Installed some packs and am absolutely loving Skyrim again, STEP has breathed new life into the game for me.

I totally agree. It has been more than 2 weeks since I started installing STEP (first time using MO, and I have a full time job).

All I can say is that my game is now AMAZING. but the weird thing is that I had tons of fun modding the game and using the STEP guide, to the point that I think I even had more fun modding the game than actually playing it o.O

But more importantly, a big THANKS to this community, for the effort put on making the STEP guide and for the wonderful support provided on this forum.

/snip

All I can say is that my game is now AMAZING. but the weird thing is that I had tons of fun modding the game and using the STEP guide, to the point that I think I even had more fun modding the game than actually playing it o.O

/snip

Another one bites the dust...

One of us! One of us!

Well, for me, I do like the process of modding and searching for new mods to add, but I really want to PLAY. That's because I never properly got into Skyrim at all, it always just felt too unrealistic and casual. I'd level to like, 25, then get bored and quit. Now with STEP Core + Requiem pack installed I am really getting back into it in a big way, Skyrim now feels like the game I wanted it to be. Thank goodness I found STEP since it made a Skyrim install with 200+ diverse mods possible. Also, of course, Mod Organizer. LOVE.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all; long time reader, first time poster. Just wanted to say thanks really for all the hard work - have just finished installing STEP 2.2.8 and am really impressed with the results. Like macabre above, I initially bounced off Skyrim, but STEP really has breathed new life into the game now. Cheers!

Archived