My Gaming Rig

TechAngel85

2500K isn't an Ivy Bridge, now is it. Lol! Do some research on overclocking IBs. Sandy Bridge processors were the overclocker's dream core for Intel. They overclocked really high, really easily.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.

My point is you said than the previous Generations plural, Ivy Bridges were in general trash for overclocking yes. If only my cpu cooler hadn't shorted out my first two 2500k's I had them 5Ghz and 5.1 GHz respectively on air with only a small nudge vcore wise and ran them for 10-14 hour Prime 95 Blend runs and the hottest they got was 70C.  This one I have now (number 6 I think, before I finally found out CM lied about their cooler being compatible) however... I have to set the offset to + 0.165 for 4.8 GHz so I've been keeping it at ~4.1 with an offset of 0.025v. I really need to call and see when the warranty expires on mine. It's either just about to expire (since I bought it about this time in 2011) or i September (when my last RMA happened)

Good luck with your chip, and finding a monitor mate!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCIX has already shipped my order from them...that's what I call some fast service!

Add at least two items from Newegg have shipped (Memphis). The rest must be coming from another warehouse. I can remember when Newegg only had one warehouse and everything was shipped from California. I remember that become one of my packages somehow took a trip to Hong Kong before coming to my door. (I think they overpaid shipping on that one).

So all of my orders have shipped. Only problem is, the power supply I ordered. Apparently by the time I added it to my cart and the time I submitted the order, it sold out. So now it's on backorder. I'll have my entire system but no way to power it. Lol! It was a great deal so I'm not surprised. 700w for $60.

So all of my orders have shipped. Only problem is, the power supply I ordered. Apparently by the time I added it to my cart and the time I submitted the order, it sold out. So now it's on backorder. I'll have my entire system but no way to power it. Lol! It was a great deal so I'm not surprised. 700w for $60.

Awwww! I feel for you! Hope you'll get it sorted asap mate :)

That's still not too bad then, another week won't make much of a difference, considering how long you have been waiting for your rig already.

Yeah, right, who am I trying to fool! I know you want it here and now!

Yep! I want it asap! Haha! I already put in for my vacation so as long as it's here before then I'll be happy. Most of the items from Newegg will be here tomorrow.

Ah yes the good old case of "I have all the parts looking all shiny and stuff... but no power! Been there and done that.... my problem was that when I got my power I found out it was not compatible with my gfx card! That will teach ya to do proper research before buying!

Ah yes the good old case of "I have all the parts looking all shiny and stuff... but no power! Been there and done that.... my problem was that when I got my power I found out it was not compatible with my gfx card! That will teach ya to do proper research before buying!

Haha! Shouldn't have that problem seeing I've been doing research for months while waiting for tax return time.