aMidianBorn Landscape by CaBaL

DoYouEvenModBro

I like it and am currently trying it out. It used to be known as Amidianborn Roads and Bridges but then morphed into this so I guess a new thread is needed. It looks really good and works well with SFO and RW2 etc.. I have installed over the top of Step Core. It is not that far away from vanilla but has a sort of cuddly feel to it - if it makes any sense. Like a hint of warm fantasy terrain while still looking as real as Skyrim ever generally gets.

:)

I like it and am currently trying it out. It used to be known as Amidianborn Roads and Bridges but then morphed into this so I guess a new thread is needed. It looks really good and works well with SFO and RW2 etc.. I have installed over the top of Step Core. It is not that far away from vanilla but has a sort of cuddly feel to it - if it makes any sense. Like a hint of warm fantasy terrain while still looking as real as Skyrim ever generally gets.

:)

makes perfectly sense... it was indeed the goal of the style choice, thanks for notice

I used to use it' date=' but I noticed that some textures were stretched on the meshes in quite a few places, which looked pretty bad. Maybe the new version fixes it, I'll have to check it out.[/quote']

previous release did not cover much, mostly roads dirt dirtcliff and snow, this update covers almost any texture in landscape folder...just 1 or 2 have been left out, kind of rocktrims because i had no idea of where to find it ingame, and glacier envmap because no practical use replacing a flat grey env with another flat grey env...lol.

probem of stretching on roads was actually an experiment to see how much roads could be "bumpy" without parallax...abandoned the idea.

other stretching mostly depends on meshes...rocks and such... mountains are a pain.

Going to try this out tonight! Already used the early implementation and was quite happy with it.

The various stretching on rocks etc. is just a sad fact of how the game is made. Other then to manually edit every rock mesh, and redo every UV map then I do not see a way that is ever going to go away entirely.

Would have been epic if the rock meshes had UV maps made so that the texture could have been made so that it transitions more smoothly into the new texture instead of just a harsh line.

Going to try this out tonight! Already used the early implementation and was quite happy with it.

The various stretching on rocks etc. is just a sad fact of how the game is made. Other then to manually edit every rock mesh, and redo every UV map then I do not see a way that is ever going to go away entirely.

Would have been epic if the rock meshes had UV maps made so that the texture could have been made so that it transitions more smoothly into the new texture instead of just a harsh line.

huge huge problem around mountans... fixing uv would even not work properly, particularry because even small stones use bits of entire mountains.... and for textures as well:2 textures cover any mountain and any stone in skyrim? seriously? no matter geographic area , climate or else?

is even faster to remake mountain models from scratch instead of fixing them...sadly.

True that!

I would probably go about it and force the rocks into new unique meshes (And leave mountains as they are) with unique texture paths instead. Sadly the amount of worldspace edits required to do that would be rather huge. Not to mention the compatibility hell.

3 "levels" of new models would be imo needed for this game.... stones... the kind of size you find inside a river...big stones like those inside whiterun skyforge in example ...to give the idea of size, and very big stones... actually mountain parts... combining 8-10 mountains meshes you have all possible variety.

texture work would become really interesting at that point because you would need 3 basic levels for textures (not the double set as is vanilla currently... where mountainlab 01 NEVER matches mountain 02... ... just one neat seamless texture) 1 for big , 1 for medium , and 1 for smaller stones but... and this is the awesome part just changing the texture sets and their normal you can create climatic or zone variations... like volcanic areas, mossy reach, tundra round whiterun.... actually is a bit the system used by various dirt or snow meshes ingame

So happy to see you back on the forums and doing great work as always :D. I haven't tried your landscape pack, going to give it a try. Just based on the screenshots, I noticed it has a much softer look, with a great emphasis on lighter colors for contrast instead of dark ones. I have been harping to anybody who will listen to me that this is a better way to do things. Thanks again for more great content.

So happy to see you back on the forums and doing great work as always :D. I haven't tried your landscape pack' date=' going to give it a try. Just based on the screenshots, I noticed it has a much softer look, with a great emphasis on lighter colors for contrast instead of dark ones. I have been harping to anybody who will listen to me that this is a better way to do things. Thanks again for more great content.[/quote']

hey mate, hope you're fine, thanks.... yep tried to keep all vanilla standards for this landscape package, files are richer then vanilla HR but stand in vanilla color palette ...sometime brighter,tones and "mood" ,tried to add a "pictorical feeling"...hand painting many things.

Have had these installed since he uploaded the newest update. IMO, these are some of the most visually appealing landscape textures available. They hold more variety and detail than many other replaces and I feel that they fit in very well. I still use some other specific textures from other replacers that I like more, but all-in-all these are fantastic.

hoy Josh... thank you so much,you saw the previews on flickr....actually saw the "plan" from the beginning... there's still space for improvements,above all on a tecnical side, i'd like to reduce the pattern effect to almost 0 and maybe make something more "bumpy"on few ground stuff ...we'll see in next weeks, something for dragonborn landscape is ready , working on the rest of those files a good idea or two will arrive for sure.

released farmhouse replacement a couple of days ago.... came along nicely.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49040/?