Enemy AI Overhaul - No Scripts

Nearox

Enemy AI OverHaul---Revenge Of the Enemies---No Scripts Version

Playing SkyRe + some other gameplay mods helps reduce the tedious combat of vanilla, but it does not fundamentally change enemy melee and magic skills. Found this mod today on the nexus and am wondering if anyone here is using it or has used it in the past. The mod basically adds certain spells, abilities and a specific AI to particular mobs - dungeon bosses, bandit leaders, dragon priests etc. I really like the fact that it does not use any scripts. It would require some patching with SkyRe and other mods, hence why I am am curious to hear what you guys think about it before I start doing the patching. 

Mod Author's description:

Perhaps most players have got tired with combating with those vanilla weak foes and used some mods to strengthen them .However I still think there still should be some mods to deepen different combat style to feature different enemies,and i just mean we need a mod to make most enemies use the Power, vampires transform into bat form, draugr use varieties of shouts, falmer can be invisible Intelligently, bosses can get a far more complex AI. Actually , I'm just describing what my mod does.

Here's what one user reports after using the mod:

So, after some time creating a merged patch for OBIS + HLE + SkyRe + Revenge of the Enemies, I finally managed to make one. I basically I did the following:

Then, after all the work (2 and a half hours) I thought: "I'm going to try this out." By chance, I just saved before a dragon priest (Vokun), which I defeated earlier today, but I decided to try him out again with this mod. This was the result:

Before: My 2 followers and I were just doing hack 'n slash on Vokun for a few seconds, nothing really interesting happening...

After: I ran in, thinking to kill him quickly. But he summoned a Dremora Lord and a Frost Atronach, dodging my attack and putting up a Frost Cloak. I was out of Stamina within 3 seconds. Then he mass paralysed me and my followers and through several explosions of frost, lightning and fire I got thrown of the mountain. I was thinking: Oh my god!!! This is really awesome! Such a difference. It was a real challenging and fun fight now, unlike before.

Several attempts later (using Light Armory Potions, Dragon Aspect, Slow Time Potions, Spell Ward, Armored Ascension Aura, Stoneflesh and countless other spells and potions I never really had to use before.) I managed to bring him and send his soul back to Sovngarde!

I currently use it and it's a great mod. I still can't decide whether I like enemies using racial powers as it looks like they're using magic, it just doesn't blend well, it doesn't feel natural. Other than that I can't recommend this mod enough.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

I currently use it and it's a great mod. I still can't decide whether I like enemies using racial powers as it looks like they're using magic, it just doesn't blend well, it doesn't feel natural. Other than that I can't recommend this mod enough.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Can you explain further? I'm not sure what you mean by that. What's wrong with racial powers?

Looks like Dawnguard is required for all the files which means I can't use it because I don't have DawnGuard...

Also, I don't agree with the fact that I should just go out and buy it. It seems pretty universal that DawnGuard wasn't that great of a DLC and I see no reason to buy it. That's why I bought Dragonborn instead. Much better DLC.

Its the fact that if everybody starts to use them then it becomes a bit weird. Also since all of them are magic effects and hence glow, or something similar when used.

Also they where never meant for all NPC´s to have, since half of them are not really useful for NPC´s.

Like imperial NPC´s would be less powerful then a group of dark elves or orcs, that have racial powers that directly translate into combat.

If I ever end up using this mod, i would properly remove that part of the mod manually. But that is just me.

Reading your comments, I think I will do just about that: remove some of the NPC's spells through tes5edit. The main enhancement this mod brings is to the bosses and unique enemies.

With regards to Dawnguard requirement, one user said: It requires Dawnguard due to the Bat power added to vampires. The author says: I make dawnguard mandatory because I use many magic effects from this dlc. I suppose it is the latter, but it will most likely be limited to vampires so if you remove the records from that then dawnguard should no longer be required I think.

If the mod has resources from dawnguard then it is required obviously.

If you delete the entries that rely on these edits (You can normally identify them since they start with DLC1, and/or overwrite dawnguard.esm entries), and then remove dawnguard.esm in the header then it should work file.

I've been using this with SkyRe and it's been interesting. Nothing like getting with Marked For Death from a low-level Draugr. And ever since Erkeil got his stupid butt banned from the Nexus, I've been looking for a replacement AI overhaul. So far, this has been a good one, although I have a ways to go with my new character (had to restart due to CWO update).

Slight tangent with regards to the Dawnguard DLC, I actually liked it, although I would say it wasn't worth 20 dollars. It added some nice features that improved the Vampire and Werewolf experiences, so that was a plus. I would say it is worth getting, if you can buy for around 10 dollars. Also, Serena is voiced by the actress who did Shin in Funimation's Shin Chan dub, which I find amusing.

SkyRe has a similar component to its mod, and the features overlap quite a lot with this one. The advantages to this mod are obvious; no scripts, no fuss. Depending on the mod package you are putting together this one can make a lot of sense. As others have said before though, the racial powers can be more than a little bit obnoxious when EVERY npc is using in EVERY time, so for me anyway I would probably avoid using it in favor of skyRE or a similar vanilla tweaked AI mod.

And that is why I;'ve been looking around for a mod that simply adds 1-3 lore-friendly spells/abilities to all ingame creatures & NPCs. This alone would be enough to increase the difficulty and to give an enhanced sense of immersion. So far I haven't been able to find anything like that. SkyRe changes some mobs but not all, and it's mostly stat tweakings. ASIS adds too many spells in a too random fashion. I'm not sure about the workings of HLE. 

Been checking some youtube videos on CK leveled NPC list editing. I don't quite get like 100% of it but I've been fiddling around with it. When I have some more time I might fire it up again and try to add in some spells. Seeing as this is basically what this mod has done to SOME npcs, it should theoretically be fairly simple to extend it to others.

Also, the author of this mod apparently posted 2 days in the comment section that he will leave nexus until next year... So no more developments on Enemy AI Overhaul I guess.

EDIT: Had a quick look at HLE in tes5edit. It might just do what I was looking for after all.