Use both Xbox 360 controller AND Keyboard SIMULTANEOUSLY

youtoo

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30913/?

you dont install this. you run it and then run the game. I like to play with an xbox controller. It lets me sit back from my pc (I like to plug the pc into my 50 inch HD tv to play), however, conventient horses requires the 'esc' key also and there are not any more keys on the xbox to map to. If you use Frostfall you have more keys that you need. Plus with skyui you can set favorites so you can change magic easier.

downside to mod: it makes a really loud annoying noise when you run it. you have to disable that really loud annoying noise each time. its just an executable. so turn off your sound before running it.

to use it: just click on it and you get a popup. click the top left button to turn off the annoying sound.

run skyrim.

thats it. very simple and nice mod. no installation required.

Why does Convenient Horses require the esc key? I use the multi-tap mode with a controller and it does all the CH stuff quite well. My problem was with the Dual Wield Parrying, I had to figure something else out by editing the controls text file to get what I wanted.

When you use the multi-tap mode and the consolidate loot/harvest/talk check box, then you don't need to remap anything, just leave them as 'esc'. Horse inventory just walk up and double tap 'activate', loot/harvest/talk while riding double tap 'activate' (while not in combat, activate in combat is fast dismount).

Why does Convenient Horses require the esc key? I use the multi-tap mode with a controller and it does all the CH stuff quite well. My problem was with the Dual Wield Parrying' date=' I had to figure something else out by editing the controls text file to get what I wanted.[/quote']

What did you do?

I just mapped dual wield block to the 'a' button, saying as that's a button only used to open dialogue/things when not in combat. Problem is, occasionally the block animation sticks.

Why does Convenient Horses require the esc key? I use the multi-tap mode with a controller and it does all the CH stuff quite well. My problem was with the Dual Wield Parrying' date=' I had to figure something else out by editing the controls text file to get what I wanted.[/quote']

What did you do?

I just mapped dual wield block to the 'a' button' date=' saying as that's a button only used to open dialogue/things when not in combat. Problem is, occasionally the block animation sticks.[/quote']

I found nice little map to make changing the keys in the controls file a little easier. You can get it here.

Basically it just allows you to remove or add functions to the file without having to lookup all the codes for every button. I removed the favs menu from the up d-pad and left it as only down on the d-pad, I then use the block as up on the d-pad for dual wield. I also removed the two hotkeys from the left and right d-pad to bind them as load out 1 and 2 in the MCM menu for SkyUI.

I get the sticking of block too. It's part of SKSE being slower to the punch than the ScriptDragon version.

I have tried out xpadder a few times, but I just doesn't do what I want in the menu. I may try it again with this controller and keyboard at the same time thing and if I do I'll post my setup. I did the same thing for FNV when Project Nevada came out and made a great profile.

What did you do?

I just mapped dual wield block to the 'a' button' date=' saying as that's a button only used to open dialogue/things when not in combat. Problem is, occasionally the block animation sticks.[/quote']

I get the sticking of block too. It's part of SKSE being slower to the punch than the ScriptDragon version.

Oh, I was really just looking for a solution to that problem. :)

I may as well just stick with using the a button.

Thanks for the offer anyway.