Upgraded from MO2 2.4.4 TO 2.5: Invisible textures

gromch

Question

Hi all, Im using MO2 2.5 (recently upgraded from 2.4.4. a day ago).

After upgrading. My FO4 is full of invisible textures, I initially suspected mod conflict / Previs conflicts. 

However, after downgrading to MO2 2.4.4 (My previous version since 6 months) all the invisible textures are showing up back again.

There was no change in the mods list or the plugins list and order.

The only thing I can think of that changed in 2.5 is the fact that empty / dummy mods are in strike through (or written in light grey instead of black).

I am suspecting that the reason for the bug is that 2.5 has some changed interaction with those dummy / empty plugins. Or maybe they don't load at all.

Is there any way to revert to the old behavior regarding dummy plugins (for example no strike through)?

Edited by gromch

3 answers to this question

Whether the plugin is strike through or greyed out, as long as the plugin is checked in the right pane the associated archive will be loaded. There isn't any way to override the behavior that I know about.

You probably have some other conflict going on with the upgrade.

I have to ask how did you do the upgrade from 2.4.4 to 2.5? Did you use the installer from the Nexus site or the upgrade button in ModOrganizer? There were a good number of dependency updates going from 2.4 to 2.5. I would suggest installing the latest version in a new location away form the Windows UAC controlled folder and not in the game folder.

Before installing 2.5, make note of your v2.4.4 Mods folder and active profile folder. After you get v2.5 up and running you can point it to the mods and profile folders for testing.

I found the answer. For some weird reason 2.5 reorganizes the load order, which caused PRP mod to break. A tree mod (IMPOSING TREES) was supposed to be loaded before PRP, which was fine for 2.4 but 2.5 forced me to load it after PRP.

I got it fixed after 8 hours of troubleshooting each plugin, I just have to play without this tree mod.

That will teach me to save my load order before updating.

• Thanks 1