Will the Step guide be updated for the newest patch?

Ellie

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

I dont think it has been updated to the latest version, is it planned to be updated and waiting for dependencies?

The current guide is still based on the stable 1.6.640. As I understand it, the guide will not be updated to the latest version until all the mods listed are stable/ updated.

Step Guide 2.3.0 was basically 95% complete when the new updates hit. So once all the mods in de guide are updated (and working, there is a difference unfortunately), a new guide should be out relatively soon.

You can of course still use the guide for the newer versions of Skyrim. Just use the 1.6.1130/ 1.6.1170 versions of mods where available. Just be aware that some mods haven't been updated yet. Or have been updated, but are unstable.

I hope this helps a bit.

7 hours ago, Ellie said:

I dont think it has been updated to the latest version, is it planned to be updated and waiting for dependencies?

If you look at the current guide, this is all explained in the notice right up top.

We are currently into week 8 now, and it will be several more weeks at least. Too many things have changed, and we're potentially revising a lot of the pre-update development. Too early to tell.

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry if I'm distracting you from your work, but is there ETA on Step Guide 2.3 at the moment? In your last message, you wrote that the new version of the guide will require "several more weeks". About four months have passed since February. I'm just planning to start a new walkthrough, and therefore I'll be very glad to know if it's worth waiting for 2.3 in the near future. Thanks for all your work!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tyrlov said:

I'm sorry if I'm distracting you from your work, but is there ETA on Step Guide 2.3 at the moment? In your last message, you wrote that the new version of the guide will require "several more weeks". About four months have passed since February. I'm just planning to start a new walkthrough, and therefore I'll be very glad to know if it's worth waiting for 2.3 in the near future. Thanks for all your work!

We're working on it. There's a LOT to update, and we don't have an ETA at this time.

I may just release an update to the existing guide under the latest game version as a first step. This will be faster, but still no ETA, since personal life is unpredictable :)

On 6/18/2024 at 8:23 AM, CorneliusC said:

That would be fantastic!

It's been settled that the next release will focus primarily on the updated game and all related dependencies. Secondarily, we'll incorporate some new mods and replace some redundant mods where testing is simple and straight forward. It's been challenging to just handle the changes invoked by the BGS 2023 update, since that basically threw a wrench into many months of work prior to the update.

I anticipate a July release for Step SkyrimSE:2.3. Then it will be much simpler to release 2.4 with many of the changes we had been eyeing for 2.3 last year.

6 hours ago, z929669 said:

It's been settled that the next release will focus primarily on the updated game and all related dependencies. Secondarily, we'll incorporate some new mods and replace some redundant mods where testing is simple and straight forward. It's been challenging to just handle the changes invoked by the BGS 2023 update, since that basically threw a wrench into many months of work prior to the update.

I anticipate a July release for Step SkyrimSE:2.3. Then it will be much simpler to release 2.4 with many of the changes we had been eyeing for 2.3 last year.

Thank you for this, good approach. Looking forward to both the next iterations of the guide.

Edited by CorneliusC

You guys are just awesome, thank you so much for your hard work and dedication.

Btw, as a side question, is it going to be possible to update from v2.2 to 2.3 and/or 2.4? or is a fresh new start recommended?
I'm asking since you mentioned that some mods will be getting replaced and I'm wondering whether that might break current 2.2 game.

1 minute ago, opty123 said:

You guys are just awesome, thank you so much for your hard work and dedication.

Btw, as a side question, is it going to be possible to update from v2.2 to 2.3 and/or 2.4? or is a fresh new start recommended?
I'm asking since you mentioned that some mods will be getting replaced and I'm wondering whether that might break current 2.2 game.

We're removing Faction Fixes, so that alone would warrant a fresh playthrough. It's almost always possible to use an existing playthrough though with a bit of work. This is mentioned in the changelog with some advice and links.