Issues, yes, but 1st / Help with Skyland

THANKYOU for this. The step guide. The hold your hand process, and the venue to make changes and ask questions.

As an older person with all such entails as it pertains to learning new things, this format has been amazing. I have learned how to merge mods, which is so simple in retrospect, but no one had explained when asked. I have learned how to hide folder and specific files without deleting them. I have learned how to use MO2 instead of vortex. I have SO MUCH more to learn and will try.

I went all VROOM VROOM yesterday after I finished the list. I slapped everything under the sun on the back end, then pressed loot and POW! Hit the ground running. But wait, I needed more. The towns are dismal. I need A,B,C,D...I mean you get to where you are going in 40 directions

So back to the base and from there on. 

I wanted to integrate these 2 mods as my overlay to what is vanilla. I am fine with dreary weather as I swear it rains every 15 seconds, but compounding that is sad, grey buildings, torn up carts, dead animals, but i need COLOR in all of that ! :)

The 2 mods are Skyland AIO and Skyland Fantasia

I installed fantasia and Enable, and I noticed some changes, but not a LOT. That may be due to my ENB settings and choice. I used STEP on medium and maybe should have gone with high. I may do a new profile and ground-up the thing based on your views.

I enable Skyland AIO and after visiting Whiterun, maraketh, Riften, and Solitude, i assumed it jsut did not stick as nothing changed. However when I removed it and went back in-game to solitude , the walls were untextured messes.

The conflict page for Skyland AIO is INANE! It's enormity is all-encompassing to me. The "APPARENT" issue is a file I am unable to determine , NOR , do I know if I should/could, as I have played with modlists for 15 months and have broken crap in any way it can be broken. I have learned little in the ways of organization and allowances. That was COMPOUNDED by the tutorial having me hide files...had NO IDEA that was an option OR when it should be done (Still don't) But I am TRYING to learn :) 

Any step forward works. You don't have to do the work, just point me to the road and I'll break it by myself :)

Here's DUO! Count em TWO...whole screen images to start the healing process.

https://imgur.com/a/ympk7mc

Maybe later I can point to a post on Nexus and someone can say "Why, he used this program to do that" as some guy has Untained UI working and I REALLY like that shout meter...but another dog for another day.

• +1 1

3 hours ago, ArthriticGamer said:

THANKYOU for this. The step guide. The hold your hand process, and the venue to make changes and ask questions.

As an older person with all such entails as it pertains to learning new things, this format has been amazing. I have learned how to merge mods, which is so simple in retrospect, but no one had explained when asked. I have learned how to hide folder and specific files without deleting them. I have learned how to use MO2 instead of vortex. I have SO MUCH more to learn and will try.

I went all VROOM VROOM yesterday after I finished the list. I slapped everything under the sun on the back end, then pressed loot and POW! Hit the ground running. But wait, I needed more. The towns are dismal. I need A,B,C,D...I mean you get to where you are going in 40 directions

So back to the base and from there on. 

I wanted to integrate these 2 mods as my overlay to what is vanilla. I am fine with dreary weather as I swear it rains every 15 seconds, but compounding that is sad, grey buildings, torn up carts, dead animals, but i need COLOR in all of that ! :)

The 2 mods are Skyland AIO and Skyland Fantasia

I installed fantasia and Enable, and I noticed some changes, but not a LOT. That may be due to my ENB settings and choice. I used STEP on medium and maybe should have gone with high. I may do a new profile and ground-up the thing based on your views.

I enable Skyland AIO and after visiting Whiterun, maraketh, Riften, and Solitude, i assumed it jsut did not stick as nothing changed. However when I removed it and went back in-game to solitude , the walls were untextured messes.

The conflict page for Skyland AIO is INANE! It's enormity is all-encompassing to me. The "APPARENT" issue is a file I am unable to determine , NOR , do I know if I should/could, as I have played with modlists for 15 months and have broken crap in any way it can be broken. I have learned little in the ways of organization and allowances. That was COMPOUNDED by the tutorial having me hide files...had NO IDEA that was an option OR when it should be done (Still don't) But I am TRYING to learn :) 

Any step forward works. You don't have to do the work, just point me to the road and I'll break it by myself :)

Here's DUO! Count em TWO...whole screen images to start the healing process.

https://imgur.com/a/ympk7mc

Maybe later I can point to a post on Nexus and someone can say "Why, he used this program to do that" as some guy has Untained UI working and I REALLY like that shout meter...but another dog for another day.

So to be clear, you are using our guides to learn how to do things but not actually installing Step, correct? Because Skyland won't work with the Step build, due to asset and maybe some plugin conflicts. It's a visual overhaul in and of itself that probably shouldn't be mixed with models and textures from other builds (regardless of what the Nexus Description says). You would simply install Skyland and add in extenders, fixes, gameplay, and maybe interface mods. Since it doesn't include any lighting and weather, I'm not sure what works well with it. I can't say I can't really help with that 'mod', since I don't use it. It seems essentially analogous to installing Step's Foundation and Models & Textures ModGroups.

If you were following the Step guide and using that build in pure form, you could simply change the weather mod and/or ENB to get more vibrant colors everywhere. The Step weather and lighting are vanilla-friendly, so it has some improved colors, but it's not fanciful. Changing the weather and lighting are pretty advanced endeavors, since they impact a lot and are impacted by a lot, including ENB choice (which must be compatible with the weather/lighting solution).

Your best bet is to ask people who use Skyland. There's a few people around here that do.

Added 'Skyland' to the topic title to make the context more obvious.

• z929669 changed the title to Issues, yes, but 1st / Help with Skyland

No, not at all. To me, I assued, it was just another visual mod that acted simply as a texture replacement. No understanding as to why it would not be compatible. I didn't know it needed light. I didn;t know I had light to begin with beyond the sky and ENB and the ELFX step had me add.

\

yes, I have installed step. I am so amazing, and I might say dedicated,...that I have installed it THREE times.

That's right. Your biggest fan....That and webroot destroyed MO2 and then I broke things the 2nd time because..who knew you could simply MAKE a profile from the end of STEP and start breaking that with out consequence???? Well, by golly, I know now! And I have 5 profiles ready to decimate !

Per the mod, it's like any person alive. OH LOOK! I have installed JK's Skyrim, which based on your above making sense in retrosepct, works fine :) Lights....the lights ceom from the buildings too ? Still trying to wrap that one up and resolve it.

I found out that my game LOOKS BETTER without ENB! Which tells me I should just run ol HIGH on one of those profiles because the game should,or I assumed, look BETTER, with ENB. I mean my skys are Blue Jay blue without it. WIth it..it looks like wintery death is coming (If you live in a cold region you will know the type of sky I reference)

I am short-cut cheating a bit. I just grabbed a few high ENBs via nexus. going to slot, mix about, and see what settings are where, and what I overlooked..or so I hope. i am here to ask questions. Don;t take it any other way. No pumping for info to make my own Wabbajack list or Nexus collections, or anything of the "take and take and never give" nature. I jsut want to play the sexiest-looking game I can play :)

I can imagine you're busy, so answer questions when the time allows, no rush on my end for sure :)

So, what IS the difference between Skyland and the JK's Skyrims? I thought they were  "Whole city" texture mods.

Grass mods matter? I want verdancy in the grassy areas and blue ice in the snow areas. I have the ..what did it say to install Vivid Landscapes and vivid snowy and Landscapes Cathedral concept. Are the landscapes foilage mods or jsut coloring what is already there? These are questions that I should have asked in any number of discords over the last year i'm sure, but the whole STEP format and the way it was done jsut makes it seem like I can ask stupid ones here with no judgement as I assume you guys have heard em all and many I couldn't imagine 

Ok, anyway. I love the guide. I am greatful for the guide. If I can figure out when to merge and when not to merge, when to patch, ....how to patch, what does light do and where does it come from, then well, I'll have more questions then I assume :)

57 minutes ago, ArthriticGamer said:

No, not at all. To me, I assued, it was just another visual mod that acted simply as a texture replacement. No understanding as to why it would not be compatible. I didn't know it needed light. I didn;t know I had light to begin with beyond the sky and ENB and the ELFX step had me add.

\

yes, I have installed step. I am so amazing, and I might say dedicated,...that I have installed it THREE times.

That's right. Your biggest fan....That and webroot destroyed MO2 and then I broke things the 2nd time because..who knew you could simply MAKE a profile from the end of STEP and start breaking that with out consequence???? Well, by golly, I know now! And I have 5 profiles ready to decimate !

Per the mod, it's like any person alive. OH LOOK! I have installed JK's Skyrim, which based on your above making sense in retrosepct, works fine :) Lights....the lights ceom from the buildings too ? Still trying to wrap that one up and resolve it.

I found out that my game LOOKS BETTER without ENB! Which tells me I should just run ol HIGH on one of those profiles because the game should,or I assumed, look BETTER, with ENB. I mean my skys are Blue Jay blue without it. WIth it..it looks like wintery death is coming (If you live in a cold region you will know the type of sky I reference)

I am short-cut cheating a bit. I just grabbed a few high ENBs via nexus. going to slot, mix about, and see what settings are where, and what I overlooked..or so I hope. i am here to ask questions. Don;t take it any other way. No pumping for info to make my own Wabbajack list or Nexus collections, or anything of the "take and take and never give" nature. I jsut want to play the sexiest-looking game I can play :)

I can imagine you're busy, so answer questions when the time allows, no rush on my end for sure :)

So, what IS the difference between Skyland and the JK's Skyrims? I thought they were  "Whole city" texture mods.

Grass mods matter? I want verdancy in the grassy areas and blue ice in the snow areas. I have the ..what did it say to install Vivid Landscapes and vivid snowy and Landscapes Cathedral concept. Are the landscapes foilage mods or jsut coloring what is already there? These are questions that I should have asked in any number of discords over the last year i'm sure, but the whole STEP format and the way it was done jsut makes it seem like I can ask stupid ones here with no judgement as I assume you guys have heard em all and many I couldn't imagine 

Ok, anyway. I love the guide. I am greatful for the guide. If I can figure out when to merge and when not to merge, when to patch, ....how to patch, what does light do and where does it come from, then well, I'll have more questions then I assume :)

Yes, Skyland is functionally compatible as far as assets go, but it does include some plugins for some of the features it adds. These and the assets may not be game-breaking incompatible, but they will be end-result-uncertain incompatible.

Have you installed the Step build with the Step 'Heavy' ENB? This does look better than not using the ENB. If you want more vibrant colors, the simplest way to get there is to simply use an ENB that aims to make colors more vibrant (or edit the Step ENB likewise).

I think JK's is 'noble' Skyrim, but I don't know for sure. We don't use those 'mods' (they are pre-built "mod compilations", which is another reason we don't use them), because they presumably make changes that are not vanilla friendly and break the Step Mandate.

I'm sure someone around here will give you some additional ideas about those mods and Step. You can also go the the Skyland AIO mod topic, where there's at least two users advocating that we include it (and my explanation as to why we won't in the foreseeable future).