Grass Cahce Skipping Tamriel Worldspce Despite Being Told Not to

Hello,

As stated in the title, the Tamriel worldspace never generates any cgid files, despite Tamriel being set as one of the worlds specified in the “OnlyGenerateCahce” setting. Whenever I generate cache however, it simply skips the worldspace entirely and gives the “Grass Generation Complete” message. 

If I remove the “OnyGenerateCache” like entirely and generate all worldspaces, Tamriel is skipped too. If I only select Tamriel, then the cache finishes instantly and displays the “Grass Generation Completed” message in something like 0.03 seconds according to the log.

Speaking of the log, there are no errors, and nothing seems amiss. I am turning to this forum because I truly feel as if I have exhausted all options such as entirely redownloading NGIO, the plugin, updating MO2, etc etc. I followed the STEP guide to the letter and every other worldspace generates except for Tamriel. Truly stumped. 

That's strange.

First, there is no such setting as “OnlyGenerateCache” in GrassControl.config.txt. The configuration setting is named OnlyPregenerateWorldSpaces.

Just to make sure: the SkipPregenerateWorldSpaces setting is not containing Tamriel by chance in your GrassControl.config.txt? I don't think it matters when  OnlyPregenerateWorldSpaces is used, but I'm not sure.

Other than that, try disabling all plugins in your load order, except the vanilla Bethesda ones, and generate grass cache for Tamriel. Does it work?

I'm actually having the same issue I believe. If I disable on omlyloadfromcache everything is fine( I don't get the extended distance but grass works) however, when I do use that my grass disappears AFTER generating. Moreover my grass cache is only 180mb and took 17 min to finish. Something is clearly wrong but I can't figure out what. It worked fine a week ago. It says competed successfully and I'm sure I have all of the correct settings from the lod guide provided from you guys. 

Edited by izzybinbizzy
Additional info

10 minutes ago, izzybinbizzy said:

I'm actually having the same issue I believe. If I disable on omlyloadfromcache everything is fine( I don't get the extended distance but grass works) however, when I do use that my grass disappears AFTER generating. Moreover my grass cache is only 180mb and took 17 min to finish. Something is clearly wrong but I can't figure out what. It worked fine a week ago. It says competed successfully and I'm sure I have all of the correct settings from the lod guide provided from you guys. 

So you are playing/testing under the 1.5.97 version of the game? NGIO does not apply to later game versions, including the latest, which breaks a number of things, so just checking your situation.

Assuming 1.5.97 is the testing environment for now, OnlyLoadFromCache and GrassControl.config.txt doesn't seem to have any bearing, since it sounds like your grass  precache did not generate or save correctly.

If you are using the latest version of MO, you should also be using the latest corrected version of GrassPrecacher.py from NGIO.

If all with above mentions is kosher, see Mouse's previous post, and follow the guidance to disable mods and generate a cache for vanilla. Consider using a new, copied profile to do this (if you use MO or Vortex).

Thanks for he response, ok so I am honestly not sure which mod it was but after I removed the new backwards compatibility esl upgrade mod and see fps stabilizer mod my grass cache generated no issues. Those are both .dll plugins I think or skse plugins so I assume that something from one of those two mods was causing the grass to not generate. Sadly idk anything about coding but all is well now. 

sadly doesnt seem to have worked :( literally everything but tamriel is generating fine. no clue what it could be! and thank you, theres over 8 immersive ways to kill him. i cant stand gore, lol.

it seems disabling BEES doesnt even allow it to get past the main menu for me. so im stuck. :( bethesda really swung and missed with this update.