Potentially Guide needs small update on Embers XD instructions?

G7_Connoisseur

I have seen someone talking about how Embers XD gets updated quite frequently and time can be hard to come by to updating something, presumably the guide. Regardless I'll walk through my experience if it helps out.

I'l refer to my screenshots 1-4 as I go through this.

Alrighty, so started off with looking for the Embers XD - Lite main file as the guide suggests in screenshot 1. In screenshot 2 you can see that the Embers XD - Lite file is found in the "Old Files" section at the bottom. At this point it might be worth noticing that the file size is nearly the same as the Embers XD 1K main file. Choosing to ignore this in favor of what the guide suggests I downloaded the Lite file and proceded to install. In screenshot 3 you can see I hit a brick wall when the FOMOD instructions didn't match what I was seeing for the "Further Customization" segment. I decided to double check if the Embers XD 1K file matched the FOMOD instructions and as you can see in screenshot 4 it did match.

Dunno if this sort of post helps, but there ya go

Screenshot.png

Screenshot 2.png

Screenshot 3.png

Screenshot 4.png

Yes.

Technically the 2K version is the replacement of the former Lite version. You should use 2K rather than 1K unless your GPU has 4 GB VRAM or less. All versions in the Main Files section have the same installation options in the FOMOD, the only difference is the texture resolution: 4K, 2K or 1K.

From the Embers XD 2.8.7 Changelog:

> Lite version is now simply called "2K" to make it easier to see how it compares to 1K version.

8 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Yes.

Technically the 2K version is the replacement of the former Lite version. You should use 2K rather than 1K unless your GPU has 4 GB VRAM or less. All versions in the Main Files section have the same installation options in the FOMOD, the only difference is the texture resolution: 4K, 2K or 1K.

From the Embers XD 2.8.7 Changelog:

That quoted change is counterintuitive on it's face, but only without considering the main Main File, which is just "Embers XD". The 1K version can be thought of as "lite lite", I guess.