[WIP] DDSopt & Texture Overhauls

z929669

Question

• Answers 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think he's just confused about texture mods being overwritten by their optimized versions. When every texture in a mod has been replace and optimized in an "optimized" version of the mod, the original is grayed out. That's how I do my SR install. Plenty of inactive textures mods and for every one of them, an active -Optimized.

I done all but the same texture is corrupted/missing. Could someone check that place/it's the road to Dawnstar/ ?

Posted Image

It is a missing texture, and I am not sure what it is.

Also, your game textures look way off ... like you are using ENB with some very intense settings ... your tree LODs don't look right and your snow is way too bright accept for the blending near the rocks. You also have a blood-texture clip on the right ...

I am  thinking that you have some mods not installed properly and some funking settings as well.

It is a missing texture, and I am not sure what it is.

Also, your game textures look way off ... like you are using ENB with some very intense settings ... your tree LODs don't look right and your snow is way too bright accept for the blending near the rocks. You also have a blood-texture clip on the right ...

I am  thinking that you have some mods not installed properly and some funking settings as well.

I's a texture from Vanillas. I'll try to find it when i've more free time.

About my settings - i don't use any ENB, any tweaked LOD inis, it's vanilla ultra settings with some added lines which is required for mods like Enhanced Blood Textures, Skyrim Flora Overhaul. Textures are from TPC/manually optimized with DDSopt/, but i think that the too bright snow is related to ELFX exterior module or improper boss load order.

I'll add a list in the DDSopt guide of how many texture files and folders are in each of the optimized BSA folders (folders in "Vanilla Optimized") so you can determine whether there are any missing optimized textures. As z mentioned, it could be a problem with another mod replacing a vanilla texture.

I'll add a list in the DDSopt guide of how many texture files and folders are in each of the optimized BSA folders (folders in "Vanilla Optimized") so you can determine whether there are any missing optimized textures. As z mentioned' date=' it could be a problem with another mod replacing a vanilla texture.[/quote']

Nice :) .

I didn't see any reason of possible incompatibility with mods like HQ LODs or SDO which I use, because Beth Optimized files load first in MO and everything after overwrite them..

EDIT:

Hm I checked my optimized folders and they correspond to the count of files and folders in the STEP DDSopt guide.

I'd check that you have all of your mods installed to completion and in the proper order. Are you using a mod manager?

I currently use Mod Organizer and Wrye Bash to merge esps.

It could be some corruption with this file after the optimization because i tried twice and got the same as result.

You could check yourself if this appears or not to be sure that isn't a particular case.

I'd check that you have all of your mods installed to completion and in the proper order. Are you using a mod manager?

It could be some corruption with this file after the optimization because i tried twice and got the same as result.

You could check yourself if this appears or not to be sure that isn't a particular case.

I am referring more to your weird textures and LODs. However, Kelmych said that he corrected an error in the BAT, so that likely resolves the missing texture issue.

I suppose taht your DDSopt settings could cause some strange distant textures if you have the Behave options way off. The guide suggests the best options though.

I am referring more to your weird textures and LODs. However, Kelmych said that he corrected an error in the BAT, so that likely resolves the missing texture issue.

The error in the batch file didn't affect the texture files in Vanilla Optimized. The error was in not deleting a file in HRDLC2 that was also in STD; I expect DDSopt ignored the 2nd one since it was already present in the output. The texture error is still an issue.

I suppose taht your DDSopt settings could cause some strange distant textures if you have the Behave options way off. The guide suggests the best options though.

The error in the batch file didn't affect the texture files in Vanilla Optimized. The error was in not deleting a file in HRDLC2 that was also in STD; I expect DDSopt ignored the 2nd one since it was already present in the output. The texture error is still an issue.

But this is ultimately handled by the BAT though, and the BAT should be able to account for this to prevent the undesired outcome ... ? Just have the BAT delete the STD optimized version (or the STD source version) before DDSopt is run.

Has anyone isolated the texture yet?

I haven't given much more than a glance at this since I posted the other day. I've been busy with the DDSOpt video (which Zed and Kelmych can preview if they look for it). I'll look it over, has anyone thought to bring Aiyen in on this? He's awesome at isolating textures.

If the guide settings are capable to cause any weird results, I don't have any chance to know that. I'm not experiment with things which don't know how work and can mess up. I'm sure that do the steps properly as they explained.

If the guide settings are capable to cause any weird results, I don't have any chance to know that. I'm not experiment with things which don't know how work and can mess up. I'm sure that do the steps properly as they explained.
OK, I have confirmed that the ice LODs in the background are messed up and that it is likely a DDSopt issue. I also have the purple textures for those. Trying to find it now, but it is a pita.

The strangely-colored snowy pine LODs look to be caused by Detailed Terrain & Tree LOD, which is not currently a STEP mod (please confirm that you have this installed). I will contact the author and ask him to fix the color issue with that specific LOD.