[WIP] DDSopt & Texture Overhauls

z929669

Question

• Answers 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey guys' date=' can you put next to the ''Download BAT files referenced in the Guide'' some info, especially when it was last updated so that it's easier to know if there is a new version of the batch files[/quote']

We will be adding a version # to the file henceforth for this reason.

The new version of the batch files used with the DDSopt guide are available, and the corresponding text in the guide has been modified. The batch files have some tests added to try and ensure that the directory structure is what is expected by the batch files.

Hi, guys

I made ddsopt optimization of my vanilla, hrdlc and dlc bsas following the guide.

I done the process but some things remained unclear :

- How many files should i have in vanilla optimized folder after the optimization ?

- I used the Neovalen's guide with Mod Organizer. Should I activate the BSAs from BSAs section to work properly ?

I ask about this because I saw some missing textures/distant lands in the sea near Dawnguard/ .

I optimized all the vanilla textures including the textures in the 3 DLC BSAs. I have 39,964 files and 1,185 folders in Vanilla Optimized.

The 3 DLC BSAs need to be active. I don't use MO myself so I don't know how this is done. In the SR guide Neovalen mentions that the 3 HRDLC and Skyrim- textures BSAs should be deactivated.

I optimized all the vanilla textures including the textures in the 3 DLC BSAs. I have 39,964 files and 1,185 folders in Vanilla Optimized.

The 3 DLC BSAs need to be active. I don't use MO myself so I don't know how this is done. In the SR guide Neovalen mentions that the 3 HRDLC and Skyrim- textures BSAs should be deactivated.

I had added some details regarding file #s to the guide. They are accurate in my XP.

The numbers I have for the Vanilla Extracted folder files/folders are very close to what you have, but I have a few less folders.

I also changed a test in the HRDLC_Clean_Start batch, fixed a small error in the pre-optimization batch that could otherwise affect some users, and made some small text file name changes in the batch file that removes these from HRDLC3. I'm uploading a new version (2.2) of the archive.

Hm i think there is an error in the batch file..

Could Not Find D:\DDSopt_TPC\Working Directory\Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC2\textures\dlc01\architecture\dawnguard\banner01.dds

The directory is not empty.

I don't think so. I have fully tested the BATs without error. More likely, something random happened, like a file deleted or a copy error, etc.

Hm i think there is an error in the batch file..

Could Not Find D:\DDSopt_TPC\Working Directory\Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC2\textures\dlc01\architecture\dawnguard\banner01.dds

The directory is not empty.

I don't think so. I have fully tested the BATs without error. More likely, something random happened, like a file deleted or a copy error, etc.
I viewed the BSA structure and cannot find this file in the directory. It should be dbanner01.dds which exists there.

There is no file banner.dds in Dawnguard.bsa or the HRDLC2 BSA. When I uploaded v2.2 a spelling error crept into 1_HRDLC_Clean.bat in the list of files to delete from HRDLC2 since they are the same as existing files in Dawnguard. The error changed dbanner01.dds to banner01.dds. This is fixed in v2.3. The only effect of the error is that dbanner01.dds was left in HRDLC2; it is also in the extracted textures from Dawnguard. The optimized version from HRDLC2 replaced the one from the extracted textures from Dawnguard.bsa There is, of course, only one copy in the Data\textures folder so this doesn't affect the game at all.

I don't know the name of the purple texture in the picture, but it isn't dbanner01.dds . I wonder if it is an LOD texture or perhaps a cloud texture.

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I've got a quick question regarding DDSopt and the texture optimization process. So I followed the Skyrim revisited guide by Neovalen and I followed it to the T but some outcomes came with a bit of confusion, mainly the DDSOPT part. When I had finished optimizing the textures they were placed in Mod Organizer in the left pane. But instead of looking like normal writing the Mod names were 'greyed out' and had a big red 'x' in the 'flag' column. I was able to install the mods still but I am not sure they are exactly working. When I hover my mouse over the mods in the left pane it says something like there are no files found etc. but when I go to information and all the way to the right of the tabs, I find the bsa files.

Did I do this correct and am I looking at optimized textures? Or should they show up in full white like other mods do in Mod organizer in the left pane. Also in the right pane with the esp and bsa, I have DEselected the DLCS from bethesda, because I have the opt mods installed, is that correct?

Anyways, I am really confused at the outcome and would appreciate all the help and insight you guys can give me!

Thank you for your time

PS- I am at work right now but if someone needs a screen shot of what I am talking about, I can do it once I get home and show you exactly what I mean.