Trying to get DynDOLOD to work (again)

kumo0o

Question

So uhm first of all i need to say that i'm pretty much still a somewhat noob when it comes to modding skyrim.

Everything worked fine for me the first time i downloaded DynDOLOD and ran both programms and the game afterwards, fixed all warnings and errors.

Now however after i saw that it is working fine, i wanted to add more mods to my mod list which included "Open Cities, Cathedral Weathers, No Grass In Caves, Landscapes Fixes For Grass Mods and Treerific"
Now it first of all says in TexGen this line 

Error: File not found textures\elm leaf_dying.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestsnowl03.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL03 [TREE:0005D2D9]

Here i didn't really find much about it on the internet on how to fix it except another post on this forum which said to open the textures in xEdit and literally all the post said was "try to save as" ... nothing more nothing less so i did that, found the file in xEdit and ... just saved it as the name "leaf_dying.dds" in the path "textures\elm"
That didn't change anything, it still kept on saying the file is missing.

So i tried to (just for testing) skip this and still try to run DynDOLOD. So i put the output as a zip file and installed it like any other mod with MO2.
In DynDOLOD it said this DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

With no surprise the game can only go into the menu but not load any save or start a new game.

I'm only using default settings of both TexGen and DynDOLOD (DynDOLOD also with Medium settings). And it worked perfectly fine the first time i tested it, only now after i installed these few mods it shows all these Error's and Warning's.

Here is the TexGen log file TexGen_SSE_log.txt

The settings i use for TexGen image.thumb.png.56c42504fc8e9f42714b5360a808178c.png

And the settings i use for DynDOLOD image.thumb.png.df3b3d00371daab49bafa644e2b1d286.png

Does anybody have like a link or something where i can find a guide on how to fix these cuz i can't really pull answers out of the DynDOLOD website explenations which only tell me how the problems occure but not how to actually fix them and whenever it did say how to fix them, it didn't work out for me.
Or maybe anybody has an idea on how to fix these problems.

1 answer to this question

10 hours ago, kumo0o said:

So uhm first of all i need to say that i'm pretty much still a somewhat noob when it comes to modding skyrim.

Everything worked fine for me the first time i downloaded DynDOLOD and ran both programms and the game afterwards, fixed all warnings and errors.

Now however after i saw that it is working fine, i wanted to add more mods to my mod list which included "Open Cities, Cathedral Weathers, No Grass In Caves, Landscapes Fixes For Grass Mods and Treerific"
Now it first of all says in TexGen this line 

Error: File not found textures\elm leaf_dying.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestsnowl03.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL03 [TREE:0005D2D9]

Here i didn't really find much about it on the internet on how to fix it except another post on this forum which said to open the textures in xEdit and literally all the post said was "try to save as" ... nothing more nothing less so i did that, found the file in xEdit and ... just saved it as the name "leaf_dying.dds" in the path "textures\elm"
That didn't change anything, it still kept on saying the file is missing.

So i tried to (just for testing) skip this and still try to run DynDOLOD. So i put the output as a zip file and installed it like any other mod with MO2.
In DynDOLOD it said this DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

With no surprise the game can only go into the menu but not load any save or start a new game.

I'm only using default settings of both TexGen and DynDOLOD (DynDOLOD also with Medium settings). And it worked perfectly fine the first time i tested it, only now after i installed these few mods it shows all these Error's and Warning's.

Here is the TexGen log file TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Does anybody have like a link or something where i can find a guide on how to fix these cuz i can't really pull answers out of the DynDOLOD website explenations which only tell me how the problems occure but not how to actually fix them and whenever it did say how to fix them, it didn't work out for me.
Or maybe anybody has an idea on how to fix these problems.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which debug logs to also upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures

A file not found error is fixed by installed or copying the missing file to the folder it is expected to be found.
A texture not found error is the same. Not all mods and/or their requiremtns are installed correctly, or the mod author forgot to include the texture. 
For troubleshooting the message also mentions the NIF, the model, that uses that texture. You can use the MO2 right window data tab to find which mod contains the mentioned NIF. Read the mods description to make it and its requirements are installed correctly.

xEdit can not load or save textures. It does neither does it have a save as option. I doubt anyone could or would write such instructions. If a file is missing it does not need to or can be open and saved in a program. Use normal OS file manager functions to copy, move or rename files.

As explained, the missing texture will be replaced with a red color texture when generating billboards. So the worse that happens with TexGen is that the billboard is going to be red and having red tree LOD in the game.

The DynDOLOD log shows the LOD patch generation completed successfully.  However, it also shows 2 errors that can cause CTD:

<Error: Texture resolution 2232x4096 not a power of 2 Texture textures\bark\ambientcg\bark001.dds Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestdead02.nif Ulvenwald.esp TreePineForest02Dead [TREE:000B927B]>
<Error: Texture resolution 2232x4096 not a power of 2 Texture textures\bark\ambientcg\bark001_n.dds Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestdead02.nif Ulvenwald.esp TreePineForest02Dead [TREE:000B927B]>
https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Texture-Resolution

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Max-Tree-LOD-Billboard-Count-Of-256-On-Atlas-Exceeded
You might want to use ultra tree LOD.

It is unclear what the actual problem with loading or starting a game is or why you believe it is has anything to do with the TexGen or DynDOLOD outputs.