Required resource file not found

Solora

Question

Hi everyone, I've been using DynDOLOD for years and have been using 3.0 for awhile with no issues,  I updated to the newest DynDOLOD 3.0 and the newest DynDOLOD SE Resources 3 today and after uninstalling both the old versions and installing the new, ran TEXGEN64x for SSE with no issues and installed that into my data folder, now when I run DynDOLOD64x SSE it keeps telling me

"required resource file not found meshes\lod\imperial\helgenstoneblock01_lod_0.nif, make sure to install the latest DynDOLOD standalone with matching DynDOLOD resource se archive."

But I've tried reinstalling both again and it keeps giving me that error. Any ideas? I'm not sure what to do at this point. Sorry if this is a common or simple fix.

2 hours ago, Solora said:

Hi everyone, I've been using DynDOLOD for years and have been using 3.0 for awhile with no issues,  I updated to the newest DynDOLOD 3.0 and the newest DynDOLOD SE Resources 3 today and after uninstalling both the old versions and installing the new, ran TEXGEN64x for SSE with no issues and installed that into my data folder, now when I run DynDOLOD64x SSE it keeps telling me

"required resource file not found meshes\lod\imperial\helgenstoneblock01_lod_0.nif, make sure to install the latest DynDOLOD standalone with matching DynDOLOD resource se archive."

But I've tried reinstalling both again and it keeps giving me that error. Any ideas? I'm not sure what to do at this point. Sorry if this is a common or simple fix.

This issue is caused if you either do not have the exact DynDOLOD 3 Alpha with matching DynDOLOD 3 Resources OR you have remnants of old DynDOLOD application and/or Resources in your load order.

You should look at the OP for the correct files for SSE (note that there are Mega and Nexus locations).

Also install the app into a clean directory and update path to EXE via mod manager.

Also remove any old Resources from your load order and reinstall correct Resources.

47 minutes ago, z929669 said:

This issue is caused if you either do not have the exact DynDOLOD 3 Alpha with matching DynDOLOD 3 Resources OR you have remnants of old DynDOLOD application and/or Resources in your load order.

You should look at the OP for the correct files for SSE (note that there are Mega and Nexus locations).

Also install the app into a clean directory and update path to EXE via mod manager.

Also remove any old Resources from your load order and reinstall correct Resources.

Thanks, I'm thinking I somehow didn't get rid of all the old files. I have the new DynDOLOD 51 and SSE resources 15 from nexus, so I know they're the right version. Do you know what files/folder I would need to delete? I had already uninstalled the old SSE resources with my mod manager and I fully deleted the old DynDOLOD program folder before installing the new one but maybe my mod manager didn't remove them all.

On 10/20/2021 at 7:50 PM, Solora said:

The error message tells you what the problems. Click the Help for this message link on the message prompt as explained on the first post.

The mentioned file is not found in the load order. It is is installed with DynDOLOD Resources SE.

Install the latest alpha version version of DynDOLOD Resource SE 3.0. Read the first post for requirements and download links.

Make sure the file exists and that access is not blocked.

On 10/20/2021 at 9:51 PM, Transcendental said:

Let me start off with the obligatory "thanks" for making this mod a reality. 

My adventure in getting grasses in my game has been long and gruesome. It has first started as a "no compromises" LOD render for 4k, but it seems now that I may lack both the time and the system memory to do so.

I've been trying to get Veydosebrom Regions to work with grass LODs (requires rebounding the meshes using CK) but I have been unable to verify if I have done so correctly. After rebounding, DynDOLOD is now taking an absurdly long time to complete. Hopefully this is a sign that it's done correctly? However, I cant get passed Tamriel Occlusion rendering (set to Level 3) because of the incredible amounts of memory it now requires. I get "out of memory" errors at this point in the process.

In have run the game on safe mode (to minimize memory usage of other programs) using 16 GB of RAM with no luck. Memory tops out and Windows can't make paging files fast enough to keep up.

I've decided that maybe Level 3 is the culprit of my woes. As I am typing this message, I am a few hours into a rerun with Level 2. Is this incredible memory usage expected in this new Alpha? If so, I recommend adding a disclaimer.

Some other questions. Is there any capability to cache the result of LODGenx so that DynDOLOD doesn't regenerate it for each run? It would save a lot of time trying to fix my current issue. Also, when rebounding my grass I noticed that the file size from the output of TexGen did not change. Is this normal? Thanks again for all you do.

The memory usage has nothing to do with this alpha but everything to do with large BTO files because of the grass LOD in them.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-51/?do=findComment&comment=250521

36 minutes ago, sheson said:

The error message tells you what the problems. Click the Help for this message link on the message prompt as explained on the first post.

The mentioned file is not found in the load order. It is is installed with DynDOLOD Resources SE.

Install the latest alpha version version of DynDOLOD Resource SE 3.0. Read the first post for requirements and download links.

Make sure the file exists and that access is not blocked.

Thanks, I got it working, I think it was NMM not uninstalling or installing the old and new SE Resources properly, I manually installed all the core files from Resources and it's working now!

Good afternoon,

Well I managed to run TextGen by dint of copying out to my Skyrim SE Data folder every texture it complained about only to run into an issue with DynDOLOL.

[Main Instruction]
Required resource file not found meshes\lod\dbm\walkway_lod_0.nif.

[Content]
Make sure to install the latest DynDOLOD Standalone with the latest matching DynDOLOD Resources SE archive.

Make sure the archives downloaded and installed completely.

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

I have Resource 3.0 Alpha 22 loaded which is the latest as far a I know and it does not have that file in it.

Opps meant to include that while I don't have that file I do have an oddly named walkway_FB09B831_lod_0.nif in that folder.

Well I renamed walkway_FB09B831_lod_0.nif to walkway_lod_0.nif and moved on at least a bit further.  Only now I'm stumped at this message from DynDOLOD

Code: 5.

Access is denied while processing JKs Skyrim.esp [REFR:34024CE3] (places SkyHavenRubblePile01 [STAT:00050339] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00007154] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -35,2))

Well I renamed walkway_FB09B831_lod_0.nif to walkway_lod_0.nif and moved on at least a bit further.  Only now I'm stumped at this message from DynDOLOD

Code: 5.

Access is denied while processing JKs Skyrim.esp [REFR:34024CE3] (places SkyHavenRubblePile01 [STAT:00050339] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00007154] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -35,2))

EDIT: NM this was Win Defender.  Everything went fine and dandy once I got that resolved.

Edited by cajeffreys

On 3/7/2022 at 11:39 PM, cajeffreys said:

Good afternoon,

Well I managed to run TextGen by dint of copying out to my Skyrim SE Data folder every texture it complained about only to run into an issue with DynDOLOL.

[Main Instruction]
Required resource file not found meshes\lod\dbm\walkway_lod_0.nif.

[Content]
Make sure to install the latest DynDOLOD Standalone with the latest matching DynDOLOD Resources SE archive.

Make sure the archives downloaded and installed completely.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

I have Resource 3.0 Alpha 22 loaded which is the latest as far a I know and it does not have that file in it.

It would be much better to resolve whatever file access errors are caused by the OS, antivir or third party software so things work properly as intended. I mean appears there is something going on when only MO2 is being used while the OS error message indicates some UAC, antivir issue. Without the problem solved it keeps going to cause issues.

As the message and the page from "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message explains" https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-Resources explains, always use the latest version of the DynDOLOD Standalone with the latest version of DynDOLOD Resources.

On 3/8/2022 at 1:29 AM, cajeffreys said:

Do not rename files in DynDOLOD Resources.

Instead use the latest version of DynDOLOD Standalone 3 Alpha as explained in the first post, instructions and  help messages.

Make use pf "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" as explained on the first post.

Required resource file not found meshes\creationclub\_shared\dungeons\ayleidruins\interior\argreatwelkyndstonestatic01.nif.

I have verified the file exists in MO2's Data tab. TexGen/xLODGen worked fine, and I have successfully run DynDOLOD many times in the past.

Skyrim version is the latest AE from Steam.

What I have tried:

• Reinstalled the latest version of DynDOLOD
  • Reinstalled the latest DynDOLOD Resources SE, several times
  • Turned off Window's antivirus real-time protection & firewalls
  • Run MO2 as administrator
  • Restarted my entire computer
  • Reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

Thank you in advance! I'm tearing my hair out over this and can't find anything relevant on Google.

On 1/15/2023 at 1:58 AM, punkfairie said:
Required resource file not found meshes\creationclub\_shared\dungeons\ayleidruins\interior\argreatwelkyndstonestatic01.nif.

I have verified the file exists in MO2's Data tab. TexGen/xLODGen worked fine, and I have successfully run DynDOLOD many times in the past.

Skyrim version is the latest AE from Steam.

What I have tried:

• Reinstalled the latest version of DynDOLOD
  • Reinstalled the latest DynDOLOD Resources SE, several times
  • Turned off Window's antivirus real-time protection & firewalls
  • Run MO2 as administrator
  • Restarted my entire computer
  • Reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

Thank you in advance! I'm tearing my hair out over this and can't find anything relevant on Google.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-Resources#Troubleshooting

On 1/15/2023 at 7:53 PM, punkfairie said:

Apologies, slipped my mind.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

The OS tells the program that D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\creationclub\_shared\dungeons\ayleidruins\interior\argreatwelkyndstonestatic01.nif does not exist.

As already suggested, read https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-Resources#Troubleshooting In particular the part about checking the MO2 log.

Check the file exists at this location with xEdit Asset Browser (started with CTRL+F3) It should have a similar error. If that works, then the OS, antiviral, whatever block DynDOLODx64.exe specifically.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

The OS tells the program that D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\creationclub\_shared\dungeons\ayleidruins\interior\argreatwelkyndstonestatic01.nif does not exist.

As already suggested, read https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-Resources#Troubleshooting In particular the part about checking the MO2 log.

Check the file exists at this location with xEdit Asset Browser (started with CTRL+F3) It should have a similar error. If that works, then the OS, antiviral, whatever block DynDOLODx64.exe specifically.

xEdit does have the same error.

Here is the MO2 log, I couldn't find anything that looks like an error.

On 1/15/2023 at 10:13 PM, punkfairie said:

xEdit does have the same error.

Here is the MO2 log, I couldn't find anything that looks like an error.

You mean you entered argreatwelkyndstonestatic01 .nif in the filter field of the Asset Browser and it didn't find it anywhere?

Usually that means the file does not exist in the data path (loose and not in any BSA). It should at least exist at in meshes\creationclub\bgssse067\clutter\greatwelkyndstone\argreatwelkyndstonestatic01.nif in ccbgssse067-daedinv.bsa

If the Asset Browser also does not show the file being available at meshes\creationclub\_shared\dungeons\ayleidruins\interior\argreatwelkyndstonestatic01.nif, then at least it os consistent. Double check the file exists or not with the MO2 "Explore Virtual Folder" executable.

Enable debug logging in MO2 Tools/Settings/Diagnostics, after starting DynDOLOD, there should be a line similar to

[D] hook_GetFileAttributesW [lpFileName=C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\creationclub\_shared\dungeons\ayleidruins\interior\argreatwelkyndstonestatic01.nif] [reroute.fileName()=C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\mods\DynDOLOD Resources SE\Meshes\creationclub\_shared\dungeons\ayleidruins\interior\argreatwelkyndstonestatic01.nif] [res=820] [originalError=0] [fixedError=0]