Armor and Clothing Extension mandatory for the STEP patch?

In the guide it says that a red vertical bar indicates that the mod is required by Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.

Armor and Clothing Extension doesn't have a red bar. However when I install the Step Patch, MO says that Step Patch - CR - WACCF.esp is missing a master. That master being WACF_Armor and Clothing Extension.esp.

Can I safely disable Step Patch - CR - WACCF.esp or would that defeat the entire Step patch? In that case, is there a lot of fixes I would need to remove in xEdit?

Edited by Gotuso

3 hours ago, Gotuso said:

In the guide it says that a red vertical bar indicates that the mod is required by Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.

Armor and Clothing Extension doesn't have a red bar. However when I install the Step Patch, MO says that Step Patch - CR - WACCF.esp is missing a master. That master being WACF_Armor and Clothing Extension.esp.

Can I safely disable Step Patch - CR - WACCF.esp or would that defeat the entire Step patch? In that case, is there a lot of fixes I would need to remove in xEdit?

There are several Conflict Resolution (CR) patches. Only the main CR patch has the red bar indicators, so the WACCF and other CR patches are optional. We did this so that people can run Step with or without any mix of the kyrptopyr mods like WACCF, CACO, CCOR, and TCIY. See the changelog for some of the changes related to masters for each.

If you are running anything related to WACCF, you will need the patch and it's masters, because they all work together.

Got it, thanks for the answer! Because the WACCF patch isn't a separate download, I thought it was part of the main CR patch.

Follow-up question: if I expand on the Step mods and add another mod that either requires, interacts with WACCF or has a WACCF patch, will that break the Step patch? Can I use xEdit to compensate or is that going to be a major undertaking?

Good to know, thanks! Not sure yet how I will expand on the STEP Guide, but good to know it's not too difficult to fix any WACCF changes.

Unrelated question (dont want to start a new thread): anyone know what causes this bowl with candles to float? Every other item seems to be just fine, except this one. Not sure how I can pinpoint the right mod that makes the adjustments, aside from going through the lot of them

EDIT: seems like its only this particular bowl in Breezehome. The Bannered Mare didn't have this problem with the same bowls. Weird.

Floating bowl.jpg

Edited by Gotuso