Where is the the SSAO option in the new version of BethINI?

Nazuna_Vampi

Question

9 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Nazuna_Vampi said:

This ENB recommends to disable SSAO in BethINI, the option is shown in the screenshots of Nexus but is not in the program like is in the screenshots. So, what do I do?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/78124?tab=description

With ENB, disable ambient occlusion. Otherwise, enable it.

Further guidance (read the text when looking at each screenshot)

In enbseries.ini and all weather INIs, set

[SSAO_SSIL]
UseComplexAmbientOcclusion=false

It's fine to set the following in enbseries.ini, but it comes with a performance hit of a few FPS ...

[EFFECT]
EnableAmbientOcclusion=true

... or just trust the ENB preset you are using takes care of the recommended settings in enbseries.ini

23 minutes ago, z929669 said:

With ENB, disable ambient occlusion. Otherwise, enable it.

Further guidance (read the text when looking at each screenshot)

I configured BethINI according to the guide, except for the ambient occlusion option which I don't have (I'm using the last version hosted on Nexus), I know I can disable ambient occlusion in the emb menu or in the .INIs of the emb but the author of the Vanilla emb recommends to turn it off in BethINI. Is possible to do this in the new version?

I have a past version of BethINI that look exactly like in the screenshots of the guide here. But I have a doubt: Is SSAO the same option as ambient occlusion? Should I stay in the new version or the past version with the AO option?

Just now, Nazuna_Vampi said:

I configured BethINI according to the guide, except for the ambient occlusion option which I don't have (I'm using the last version hosted on Nexus), I know I can disable ambient occlusion in the emb menu or in the .INIs of the emb but the author of the Vanilla emb recommends to turn it off in BethINI. Is possible to do this in the new version?

I have a past version of BethINI that look exactly like in the screenshots of the guide here. But I have a doubt: Is SSAO the same option as ambient occlusion? Should I stay in the new version or the past version with the AO option?

Ambient occlusion is similar in the game versus ENB, but different implementations. I don't know much about it really.

If you don't see that option in BethINI, then maybe you are running the beta version that may still lack features. not sure, but you're in luck, since our resident @DoubleYou is the author/developer of BethINI and knows more about Bethesda game INIs that just about everyone outside of Bethesda devs, I'm guessing ;)

1 minute ago, DoubleYou said:

The only form of AO that BethINI can change is SSAO.

I see, I think I'm going to stay with the version that has the AO option. Or there is an option for AO in the new version? The version on Nexus is the 3.6.1

I don't see the AO option in that version, I'm missing it or it changed name or tab?

Thank you for the quick responses.