Foliage disappearing when moving camera

mooit

Question

Hi,

I'm running SSE 1.6.353.0

With Tamrielic Grass the snow grass tg_snow_bush01, I just noticed over at Riverwood, if I am standing near them, and move the camera just a small amount, left or right, some of them disappear, then I move the camera back and it reappears.

I read online that this is an engine issue, and happens in unmodded SSE too. I'm not sure if this is the truth here, why I am seeing, just a limitation.

So do I need to make sure Object and Grass fade are at their max, if so, I forgot what INI settings these are, or could this be something else?

I'm using the grass with Tamrielic Textures SE 1 - Landscapes, I also have Skyrim 202X, and some other flora mods, but Tamrielic Grass has the highest priority over everything else.

THANKS

Here's a screen shot standing next to one, red arrows pointing at it.

H8GJkLx.jpg

Now I move the camera slightly to the left and it's gone. :(

H8Gdh4p.jpg

Edited by mooit

12 answers to this question

Ok on Z...

So at Riverwood, there is a field of these bushes, at 20, several would disappear when I moved the camera. Now I changed it to 15 and all of them are ok, except one still disappears.

What would cause only one to still disappear? hmm

THANKS

7 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

When your character gets close to an object, the game culls/clips anything within the fNearDistance. You'll notice if you get up too close to many objects, they will be culled/clipped. This is expected behavior.

Ok, I just assumed, that meant, all this grass would do the same thing. So is just some engine issue, where some might be culled/clipped and others aren't?

THANKS

5 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Whatever is too close to the camera will clip into player and be culled. 

Ok...

What I meant to say, is I only see this with one piece of this grass, the one in the screen shot at Riverwood, none of the other grass spread around the area does this, and I was just trying to understand why it's only happening with one.

Also, if this is normal for any object on the ground, rocks, foliage, etc., I've only seen this a few times in SSE, so, it's not like everything clips/culled when I'm close to it. With all the running around in the game, and all the objects I've been right next to, I've only seen this like 3 times in the game. hmm

THANKS

The reason why is because the grass is too tall, so more likely to run into the character. There is that one mod that adds collision around the player character that, in combination with enb grass collision, may resolve this for you. I can't remember the name of it atm, but I do believe it was recently added to testing.