Skyrim doesn't use the .ini files created by bethini in specified profile folder (MO2)

biasoul

Question

I used bethini before and it worked okay but now it simply doest not want to cooperate with me. I attached how the bethini setup looks like to me as well as the change log, if it helps. Also attached MO2 settings,profile and instance manager (desperate much?)

The problem:

-close mo2

-open up beth.ini, make the changes (usually I use the "window mode" as reference to see of the changes were aplied or not. Saw someone saying that SSE display tweaks could be overwritting that but thats not possible since I tried making the ini files read-only, not to mention I changed that mod .ini to make its fullscreen =false)

- the ini files do get changed ( D:\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition\profiles\Step SkyrimSE) when I save and exit bethini

- launch mo2

- launch Skyrim through the skse64_loader executable

- game opens at fullscreen mode, thus telling me it ignored the bethini files 

I made this work before and the only difference was that I had the MO2 base directory changed to D:, instead of the local disk C:, y'know, to save up space. I'm not sure if thats messing things up...If someone could help be I'd be very grateful!

Captura de tela 2023-04-17 174817.jpg

Captura de tela 2023-04-17 175232.jpg

Captura de tela 2023-04-17 175306.jpg

Captura de tela 2023-04-17 180809.jpg

log.txt

3 answers to this question

-open up beth.ini, make the changes (usually I use the "window mode" as reference to see of the changes were aplied or not. Saw someone saying that SSE display tweaks could be overwritting that but thats not possible since I tried making the ini files read-only, not to mention I changed that mod .ini to make its fullscreen =false)

Here's where your thinking is wrong SSE Display Tweaks doesn't modify the ini files to force the windowed mode state. It applies runtime patch to do so, so no matter what is in your ini file, it will be overwritten by SSE Display Tweaks. Disable SSE Display Tweaks, and it should open in windowed mode as expected.

6 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Here's where your thinking is wrong SSE Display Tweaks doesn't modify the ini files to force the windowed mode state. It applies runtime patch to do so, so no matter what is in your ini file, it will be overwritten by SSE Display Tweaks. Disable SSE Display Tweaks, and it should open in windowed mode as expected.

But rather maybe adjust the display in SSE Tweaks accordingly and just disable it to prove it's the cause.

13 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

oh wow i'm such a dummy. SSE display tweaks really was the problem. Thank you so much for the help!