How can I remove CC Master requirements from Step Patch for 2.2.0 Guide?

CCnoNed

Hey so i think I have a new issue that may not be related to my missing CC content. DynDOLOD will not complete and runs into the error in the screen shot.  Any idea how i can fix it? I have follows the steps from the LOD gen all the way to DynDOLOD at least 4 times now to make sure i got it accurately and i get the same error every time.

I do have Cathedral Complex Grass for ENB enabled and have generated the Grass TexGen's with HD Grass. Still get the same error :/.

If it is related to the missing CC content - I apologize

image.thumb.png.0c3ca5ecd8111d1517befa5688742dbc.png

1 hour ago, CCnoNed said:

Hey so i think I have a new issue that may not be related to my missing CC content. DynDOLOD will not complete and runs into the error in the screen shot.  Any idea how i can fix it? I have follows the steps from the LOD gen all the way to DynDOLOD at least 4 times now to make sure i got it accurately and i get the same error every time.

I do have Cathedral Complex Grass for ENB enabled and have generated the Grass TexGen's with HD Grass. Still get the same error :/.

This is a DynDOLOD question. You probably did not make the recommended changes to the INI. Revisit the DynDOLOD mod instructions and guide instructions

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

This is a DynDOLOD question. You probably did not make the recommended changes to the INI. Revisit the DynDOLOD mod instructions and guide instructions

Thank you! I'll look over everything again, and if not look into some DynDOLOD troubleshooting / support for the grass stuff. I checked the INI and it looks good, but i'll keep digging!

23 minutes ago, CCnoNed said:

Thank you! I'll look over everything again, and if not look into some DynDOLOD troubleshooting / support for the grass stuff. I checked the INI and it looks good, but i'll keep digging!

Check that GrassGID=gid in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

If all else fails, please report in the DynDOLOD Alpha topic with your logs per that OP. Before doing that, be sure to update to the latest Alpha 117, clear all DynDOLOD/TexGen output mods, and regen object LOD.

As the title suggest,

I am getting a warning for Missing master, for MODS I don't want to install.

Master                                                                 Required By

LRR - Alternative - by LeonardoTrote.esp         Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp                   
SPTConsistentOlderPeopleSE.esp                    Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp                  
SimpleChildren.esp                                             Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp

I looked in the ESP to see if there was anything I could Adjust so these specific patches get Ignored.
Does anyone have a solution for me ?

The results I want to achieve are as follows.

- No Conflict warning (without installing the mods)

- A solution that doesn't break something else.

Thanks you so much in advance.

1 hour ago, Dracota said:

As the title suggest,

I am getting a warning for Missing master, for MODS I don't want to install.

Master                                                                 Required By

LRR - Alternative - by LeonardoTrote.esp         Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp                   
SPTConsistentOlderPeopleSE.esp                    Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp                  
SimpleChildren.esp                                             Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp

I looked in the ESP to see if there was anything I could Adjust so these specific patches get Ignored.
Does anyone have a solution for me ?

The results I want to achieve are as follows.

- No Conflict warning (without installing the mods)

- A solution that doesn't break something else.

Thanks you so much in advance.

I moved your post here to avoid having duplicate discussions on the same topic. You can read through the posts in this topic for more information.

49 minutes ago, Greg said:

I moved your post here to avoid having duplicate discussions on the same topic. You can read through the posts in this topic for more information.

Yeah. Thanks for trying to point me in the right direction. unfortunately I am not a smart man and can not find the correlation between what is going on here and my question. 

Ill just download the mods I don't want and hope the ones I do want will/can overwrite them.

1 hour ago, Dracota said:

Yeah. Thanks for trying to point me in the right direction. unfortunately I am not a smart man and can not find the correlation between what is going on here and my question. 

Ill just download the mods I don't want and hope the ones I do want will/can overwrite them.

You'll need to download the mods that you don't want, and then Follow the instructions here to remove the master requirements you don't want. (replace the mod names they're using with the ones you want. For example, run the mentioned script on the Step Patch - CR and select the mods you don't want. It will put the references in bold, and you can delete the "step patch" column from that reference.

Edited by CCnoNed

On 2/24/2023 at 10:44 AM, CCnoNed said:

So I think i had two things that I was missing here:
1. Dawngaurd and Skyrim plugins had some cleaning that was necessary before it would pass DynDOLOD's "dirty plugin" check

2. For grass LOD's, i think NGIO is necessary to generage grass cache for DynDOLOD to use; however the step patch page on Nexus provides a "Step Grass" optional file that includes pregenerated grass cache, which I needed (i think) for DynDOLOD grass.  I unpacked the BSA and kept it with loose files to make it easier for DynDoLOD to detect.

The "Step Grass" optional file was not mentioned in the 2.2.0 step guide, however i saw it referenced on the Step Grass LOD Guide page with a "Step SSE AE Guide" link that leads to a guide on downgrading skyrim 1.6.xxx to 1.5.97.

Since then I've been loving Skyrim SE using the entire Step Guide (minus the upgraded AE CC dependent content - 1.6.353). It looks gorgeous, using Step Heavy, QHD Dyndolod, Ultra bethINI.

Thanks for a great guide guys :).

9 hours ago, CCnoNed said:

So I think i had two things that I was missing here:
1. Dawngaurd and Skyrim plugins had some cleaning that was necessary before it would pass DynDOLOD's "dirty plugin" check

2. For grass LOD's, i think NGIO is necessary to generage grass cache for DynDOLOD to use; however the step patch page on Nexus provides a "Step Grass" optional file that includes pregenerated grass cache, which I needed (i think) for DynDOLOD grass.  I unpacked the BSA and kept it with loose files to make it easier for DynDoLOD to detect.

The "Step Grass" optional file was not mentioned in the 2.2.0 step guide, however i saw it referenced on the Step Grass LOD Guide page with a "Step SSE AE Guide" link that leads to a guide on downgrading skyrim 1.6.xxx to 1.5.97.

Since then I've been loving Skyrim SE using the entire Step Guide (minus the upgraded AE CC dependent content - 1.6.353). It looks gorgeous, using Step Heavy, QHD Dyndolod, Ultra bethINI.

Thanks for a great guide guys :).

Don't unpack the BSA. It doesn't make anything 'easier' for DynDOLOD.

If you aren't running the CC content, there could be some minor grass placement issues.

On 3/1/2023 at 9:08 AM, z929669 said:

Don't unpack the BSA. It doesn't make anything 'easier' for DynDOLOD.

If you aren't running the CC content, there could be some minor grass placement issues.

Gotcha, will reinstall normally and re-run DynDOLOD. I could live with some minor issues here and there otherwise.