CTD on Attempt to Load Save

LectorEl

What it says in the title. I successfully completed the STEP guide for SSE, installing everything including post-processing. I installed one additional mod, HideSkyUI, fomod config, only enabled it for the crafting menu. Everything worked fine for a few days, then I accidentally left the game running for a few hours while I ran errands. I came back, game was frozen, so I force closed it and restarted the computer. Relaunched, tried to load my save, and got the message that 3 mods were no longer active: VWA_VanillaWarpaintsAbsolution.esp, Thundering Shouts.esp, & Elytra ENB Light.esp

I tried loading game anyway, the load screen came up, and then after a minute or so, it crashed to desktop. I checked Mod Organizer, those mods were enabled. Checked Skyrim's mod menu, they were disabled. I tried to enable them, when the game attempted to reload files it crashed to desktop. I tried with a new character, it worked for long enough to get through character creation, and then crashed as soon I hit ESC. I've attached the logs from the various attempts.

Can you guys help? It seems like it's probably a UI issue, but I'm unsure what.

crash-2023-02-12-15-27-52.log crashLoadSaveFile.log crashNewSave.log

Disable all non-Step-2.2.0 mods, DynDOLOD Output, and DynDOLOD Occlusion mods. Check the config against the guide, and re-sort with LOOT. Be certain that messing with in-game Mods didn't reset your CC mods or other vanilla plugins (LOOT should show no warnings). Then test a new game.

In addition to what's already been advised, after disabling the non-Step-2.2.0 mods, DynDOLOD Output, and DynDOLOD Occlusion mods, make sure all plugins are enabled in Mod Organizer's right pane. There should be no errors/warnings reported by Mod Organizer: the danger/warning sign at the top right corner of the UI should be greyed out.

There is an option in BethINI to show/hide the Mods menu: BethINI > Interface tab > Mod Manager Menu checkbox. It's unchecked in the STEP guide on purpose: so that it's not shown and can't be used. Unfortunately it doesn't remove it from the Main Menu, for that requires a Main Menu replacer. The Mods menu must never be used when using an external mod manager such as Mod Organizer.