Deadly Serious Shrouded Armor (again?!)

bpr5016

Hey Guys,

I always loved the way this armor looked but noticed the latest STEP installation doesn't include it.  Any chance of bringing it back?  Or is there some compatibility issues I'm not seeing?  I tried searching the site for old posts about it but couldn't find anything.  Thanks!

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2260

Decent mod, recommended for a customized look, but not in alignment with the STEP Mandate.

-z

I guess the REAL question would be if it is incompatible with STEP? I'm really excited to get that sexy hood back

If you want the sexy hood back then do an evaluation of it yourself instead of waiting for us to; and the more detailed the better.  On top of the information we currently collect on the Wiki (see the Form:Mod section of the Data Dictionary), comparison images that are "clean", thorough, and free of any ENBs or other post-processing are a must for retexture mods.

Ehh okay' date=' if I can find the time. I thought the reason for its exclusion could be explained simply without any exhaustive research just because it was included in the STEP guide a few revisions ago.[/quote']

All the armor mods got removed a few versions ago for the sake of consistency (a stance we've reversed on) and unfortunately not all of them have been added back in.  It's been a long while since this mod has been updated, so I'm wondering how this mod stacks up against the HRDLC.

Okay I took a look at it..

In the nexus page I linked there is an option for "Hoods Only" textures, might be a simple way to update the default Dark Brotherhood outfit and get a STEP-worthy hood. 

The textures being added are:

dbarmor_hood.dds

dbarmor_hood_n.dds

And the meshes are:

dbarmorhoodgnd.nif

dbarmorhoodmasklessgnd.nif

dbarmorhoodmaskless_0.nif

dbarmorhoodmaskless_1.nif

dbarmorhoodmaskless_f_0.nif

dbarmorhoodmaskless_f_1.nif

dbarmorhood_0.nif

dbarmorhood_1.nif

dbarmorhood_arg_0.nif

dbarmorhood_arg_1.nif

dbarmorhood_f_0.nif

dbarmorhood_f_1.nif

dbarmorhood_kha_0.nif

dbarmorhood_kha_1.nif

It doesn't look like it would overwrite anything (or lead to any issues) at a glance.. but I have a pretty basic understanding of how all these mods interact.

After a full STEP 2.2.3 install (baseline and all the extras), the only files in my textures/armor/dbarmor location are:

dbarmor_female_torso_n.dds

dbarmor_male_torso_n.dds

There are no files in the meshes/armor/dbarmor location after my full STEP 2.2.3 install.

I will download the mod and see if it works with 2.2.3.  Is there anything else I should check out in order to round out my evaluation?

Just listing files and which ones might conflict doesn't really do any good. It would be more helpful to get screenshots of the vanilla HRDLC armor and then some of the mods armor to compare them and see not only which ones look nicer but also which one is the most lore friendly without straying too for from vanilla Skyrim.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Just listing files and which ones might conflict doesn't really do any good. It would be more helpful to get screenshots of the vanilla HRDLC armor and then some of the mods armor to compare them and see not only which ones look nicer but also which one is the most lore friendly without straying too for from vanilla Skyrim.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

What ath3nos said is the most important part of the evaluation for a mod like this, so make the screenshots good.  That means good quality images, both large and not compressed, with no ENB or other post-processor with a relatively simple background where the armor stands out.  I suggest you check out Review Studio to get some really clean screenshots.  I have a custom Review Studio ESP with a grey room as well if you can't get a decent shot in any of those (still need the original mod though); I might just upload it to the Nexus...

Take a look at the Form:Mod section and its subsections on the Data Dictionary page.  That lists all the technical information we track on the Wiki, the more of that you can answer definitively the better.  Obviously for a texture/mesh replacer the main thing to examine is whether the textures are optimized.

Also, any direction on how to determine if a mods textures are optimized? Did a search and came back with some info about the mod author needing to run it through DDSopt in order to optimize (or some similar process).

The best way to to find out if this was done is to email the mod author, correct?