ENBSeries folder

rask

Download the Step ENB * file of choice, and extract the contents directly into the game directory beside ENBSeries files at ..\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\

Is this telling me to extract the ENBSeries folder in the archive or to extract everything but that folder?

If the latter, why is it included in the first place?

I do see now that just further down the guide it does say to include the folder. Will close this thread in just a bit.

5 hours ago, rask said:

Download the Step ENB * file of choice, and extract the contents directly into the game directory beside ENBSeries files at ..\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\

Is this telling me to extract the ENBSeries folder in the archive or to extract everything but that folder?

If the latter, why is it included in the first place?

I do see now that just further down the guide it does say to include the folder. Will close this thread in just a bit.

I made this a bit less wordy, and I think it's clearer.

4 hours ago, rask said:

Upon testing it seems that enabling post processing mods and the heavy FPS setting is incurring a 100fps loss in exteriors.

100 FPS loss is relative to what? If you are running at 200 FPS, that's a lot different than if you are running at 120 FPS and lose 100 frames.

Also, there is no "Heavy FPS setting" I know of, so do you mean the Step Heavy ENB?

This one costs about 30-40% of your available framerate on average, ish. As long as you end up with ≥50 FPS on average, you should be good.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

I made this a bit less wordy, and I think it's clearer.

100 FPS loss is relative to what? If you are running at 200 FPS, that's a lot different than if you are running at 120 FPS and lose 100 frames.

Also, there is no "Heavy FPS setting" I know of, so do you mean the Step Heavy ENB?

This one costs about 30-40% of your available framerate on average, ish. As long as you end up with ≥50 FPS on average, you should be good.

Yeah with the heavy ENB, but to be fair I also changed the Beth.ini at the same time, which would account for the loss, but with those changes I went from 170fps to around 80. With the LOD generation I'm getting 60fps in the benchmark area, which I'm comfortable with, since I went heavy with the build. Thanks for keeping this mod list updated, it's a pretty great resource. Do you happen to know if Immersive Children is compatible with this mod list? They have a patch for TK, but there's no mention of the Simple Children mod.

Edit: The mod author of Simple Children actually lists it as compatible on his page. I'm blind.

Edited by rask

4 minutes ago, rask said:

Yeah with the heavy ENB, but to be fair I also changed the Beth.ini at the same time, which would account for the loss, but with those changes I went from 170fps to around 80. With the LOD generation I'm getting 60fps in the benchmark area, which I'm comfortable with, since I went heavy with the build. Thanks for keeping this mod list updated, it's a pretty great resource. Do you happen to know if Immersive Children is compatible with this mod list? They have a patch for TK, but there's no mention of the Simple Children mod.

That drop sounds about as I would expect. I have my performance changes in the guide now with all of those layers for reference. I'm on a powerful rig, but running at 2560x1440 native resolution is a huge performance hit for me.

I'm not sure what Immersive Children is doing plugin wise, so I don't know. It probably is, since we tend to be fairly sparing with complex plugins and scripting (with one or two exceptions). Probably would require some patching and potential asset-override management.

If you are following 2.1.0, then you may want to hold out for 2.2.0, which will be released in the next two weeks (I hope). There will be a few mod updates and updated patches.

I would totally expect a drop of 100 fps loss if your initial fps was 170.

I think from briefly looking at the description that Immersive Children is probably compatible with Step, but you probably need to run his patcher from the description. I've never used that mod, however.

5 minutes ago, z929669 said:

That drop sounds about as I would expect. I have my performance changes in the guide now with all of those layers for reference. I'm on a powerful rig, but running at 2560x1440 native resolution is a huge performance hit for me.

I'm not sure what Immersive Children is doing plugin wise, so I don't know. It probably is, since we tend to be fairly sparing with complex plugins and scripting (with one or two exceptions). Probably would require some patching and potential asset-override management.

If you are following 2.1.0, then you may want to hold out for 2.2.0, which will be released in the next two weeks (I hope). There will be a few mod updates and updated patches.

Sounds good I went ahead and used the working 2.2.0 build, will check back in when it is completed.

7 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

I would totally expect a drop of 100 fps loss if your initial fps was 170.

I think from briefly looking at the description that Immersive Children is probably compatible with Step, but you probably need to run his patcher from the description. I've never used that mod, however.

Gotcha, yeah it looks like I need his patcher for TK Children, but then he also provides a separate patch for that mod listed under Old Files, so it looks like I can get away with just using that.

7 minutes ago, rask said:

Sounds good I went ahead and used the working 2.2.0 build, will check back in when it is completed.

Gotcha, yeah it looks like I need his patcher for TK Children, but then he also provides a separate patch for that mod listed under Old Files, so it looks like I can get away with just using that.

Probably, but there may be other records that plugin touches, IDK. It may need patching with others of our mods, so you will want to check conflicts.