Bard's instrument playing animation bug?

MisterMorden

Question

I'm looking for some help...I'm noticing an issue that I can't remember if I had before and am now just noticing or is from a new mod.

The bards in inns and taverns in my game will announce a tune and start to whip out their instrument and then the instrument will vanish from their hands.  They will return to a standing idle with hands at sides and proceed to sing the song while the instrument's audio is heard.  I could swear they used to play their lute or drum or flute for at least lost of the song (I think)? 

I've read all sorts of thoughts on the matter and have tried disabling many of my animation, AI, and navmesh editing mods then starting a new game with AS:LAL in the Bannered Mare to check if it's gotten better, but so far nothing has helped.

Anyone experience this before and/or have any insight into what the problem might be?  I'd really appreciate any help with this...thanks for reading!

6 answers to this question

It seems like a mod conflict. You could try to find the plugin record governing this using MIC and xEdit, but it may be easier to root out the source by disabling all but your runtime mods and seeing if that fixes it. If so, then you can re-enable half of the disabled mods and check again, doing this iteratively in blocks until you find the culprit.

I would always test with a new game in this manner to rule out any savegame nonsense.

10 hours ago, Sergg said:

Hello friend, I'm experiencing the same issue but I don't have the mod "DMT's Northern Encounters SE".  did you find the cause of the bug?

Hello!  Apparently there are more mods that can cause it, unfortunately.  Things that affect navmeshes and npc markers are the most suspected culprits but as with DMT's NE, the mod's name may belie the location of all the changes it makes.  I'm afraid the only way to know with your particular modlist is to deactivate 50% at a time until you narrow down the one (believe me, I have almost 1400 and it took a little bit).  If you happen to remember approx. the time the issue began, you maybe able to look at your installs from that date first. Good luck!

Thank you very much for the answer, I have already found the culprit mod called A Few Trees in Windhelm.  It seems like complete nonsense, the trees in Windhelm and the animation of playing the instruments of bards, but damn it is.

• Like 1