Read Books Aloud

justjr

She has an excellent voice for this sort of thing. A very underrated skill. I'd love to have her do some acting in a quest mod. Far better than many of the Skyrim VAs that sound like they're doing bad Schwarzenegger impersonations.  It's not essential to have dodgy european accents the moment you enter a fantasy realm!

• 1 month later...

Is it something that is interesting as a novelty or would you use it over a long game? My question s driven by my play style in which in generally just scoop up books rather spend time reading them. Whenever I locate a book it usually seems to be in the midst of some mission I am focused on completing. If this became yet another tedious thing to tab through after the first few uses it might not be worth including. Or maybe I'm just pessimstic and wrong about how it would work out in the long run (or maybe most players do diligently read all those books littering Skyrim's bookshelves).

Actually I think having this book read may result, that I'll be inclined to be more interested in what they contain. Voiced entries in Mass Effect's Codex made the contained encyclopaedic lore much more accessible. I'm not sure they considering it, but for me the best solution will be, if you could start the reading by opening the book, but continue listening after closing - while exploring.

Is it something that is interesting as a novelty or would you use it over a long game? My question s driven by my play style in which in generally just scoop up books rather spend time reading them. Whenever I locate a book it usually seems to be in the midst of some mission I am focused on completing. If this became yet another tedious thing to tab through after the first few uses it might not be worth including. Or maybe I'm just pessimstic and wrong about how it would work out in the long run (or maybe most players do diligently read all those books littering Skyrim's bookshelves).

From what I've read you will have the option to read the book normally or have it read to you. I think there might even be an option to just take the book without reading it at all. Personally I like to read all the books, but not while I'm in a dungeon. I'll read them later. This would let me start up Skyrim at work while sitting in whatever player home I'm at and have it read to me while I'm working, lol.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2