Read Books Aloud

justjr

• 6 months later...

This mod was just released. It has the ability to let anyone upload files of voices over too the world. There is an MCM menu for customization and you can even set it to keep reading a book after you close it, so that it is like a audio book for adventuring. I'll edit the OP with the link, plus it is here too.

so if I read the mod description right, once you have everything set up properly there are only a limited number of books that have support for the audio? and the rest of the books are yet to come, and need voice actors correct?

definitely following this one as an immersion mod.

Sadly... I must say I am disappointed. Originally there were going to be actual voice actors doing the readings, this turned out to be a text-to-speech interpreter version. Very sad indeed. Perhaps one day if voice packs are uploaded it may be usable.

What would be awesome would be to take the unfinished work that this is and make another unfinished work. Gopher has been doing some videos reading some of the books he finds. We could, with his permission of course, take the audio from those reading and apply it to all the books he has read so far.