v2.4.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

TechAngel85

Thanks for the updated guide. And the updated resource files. The errors I had before are now gone. And the conflicts went from 6 down to 5. So all good.

One comment about the guide text though: for the step resource files, it says "Extract the archive to the project folder: ..\Modding\NoMansSky\StepNoMansSky". Shouldn't that be "Extract the LUA files from the downloaded archive to the ModScript folder in AMUMSS: ..\AMUMSS\ModScript"?

Also the reference photo for the contents of the ModScript folder is now outdated with the new changes.

1 hour ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Thanks for the updated guide. And the updated resource files. The errors I had before are now gone. And the conflicts went from 6 down to 5. So all good.

One comment about the guide text though: for the step resource files, it says "Extract the archive to the project folder: ..\Modding\NoMansSky\StepNoMansSky". Shouldn't that be "Extract the LUA files from the downloaded archive to the ModScript folder in AMUMSS: ..\AMUMSS\ModScript"?

Also the reference photo for the contents of the ModScript folder is now outdated with the new changes.

Yes, thank you! I fixed to the Resource File instructions.

The ModScript image has been updated. It's likely cached on your system; try Crtl+F5 on the page. If that doesn't work, you'll likely have to clean your cache which is storing a temporary image that it is pulling instead of using the newer image. How to do that depends on the browser. I use Chrome and just clearing the "Cached images and files" is enough via the Settings.

9 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yes, thank you! I fixed to the Resource File instructions.

The ModScript image has been updated. It's likely cached on your system; try Crtl+F5 on the page. If that doesn't work, you'll likely have to clean your cache which is storing a temporary image that it is pulling instead of using the newer image. How to do that depends on the browser. I use Chrome and just clearing the "Cached images and files" is enough via the Settings.

Well duh me. Yes, the modscript image was cached. Guess I was sleeping during Internet 101...

I've updated some of the stuff around AMUMSS:

• AMUMSS installation steps have been updated to ensure users have the correct prerequisites installed (.NET5 Desktop)
  • AMUMSS initialization steps have been updated to help users get the program set up better (setting up folder exclusions and running a new test script)
  • A notice has been added to the NMS PCBANKS Explorer section to make users aware it being an optional step, unless customization will be made

Additionally, AMUMSS has be updated. It's not required, but I would recommend doing a fresh installation any time a new version is released on GitHub. This just ensures any old files are cleaned out and all new files are updated correctly. This particular update fixes a memory leak among other things.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like Better Planet Generation's talented author is planning to release the beta they've had for a while. When that happens, I'll retest everything. Depending whether anything needs an update, I'll either update the Guide to reflect (in-place) or release a new version of the Guide.

I have been really looking forward to this! Once experienced, it's hard to play the game without BPG. With that said, keep in mind this will be a beta release. Prospective users should expect some bugs, up to crashes! The author is releasing this for the community because they don't have enough time to test this large mod on their own. Therefore, concerned users whom are unwilling to deal with some bugs and/or report their investigative findings to the author, please continue skipping BPG's installation for the Guide.

The beta should be out soon. I wanted to get ahead of that and convey this before it's release.

BPG beta is out, but I will be waiting for an update that the author has mentioned is on the way. It should fix some broken assets (fixing at least some crashes here and there), as well as, introduces a new dynamic planet template that the mod will start utilizing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guide is currently not compatible with NMS v4.1 (Fractal) update.

When the modding tools are updated for the latest changes to the game, one of two things will happen. Depending on the impact of the update, the Guide will either be updated as compatible "as-is" or a new version of the Guide will be released.

Status update:
I've decided to advance the Guide a version for this update, but am expecting it to be a small update. MBINCompiler has updated for testing. The Step Resource files tested well and are good to use, as is, for those still wanting to play. However, there are still several mods that are pending updates for Fractal. These are all mostly mods that include edits to model files, since Fractal updated most these files. The big one being Better Planet Generation, which is reported working without crashes. However, there may be some performance dips or wonkiness with some models until BPG is updated. Once the majority of the mods in the Guide are updated, the new Guide will be released.

• 3 weeks later...

Status update:
True to their chaotic releases, HelloGames has been pushing out update after update since Fractal landed. Modders hardly have time to rest and others have just decided to wait it out. Step, unfortunately, is on the latter end of that; waiting it out. As such, there is no ETA on when the Guide will be stable again.