DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

7 hours ago, jared_maxwell said:

Yes, it has. It is maybe on cell change, but i can say for sure that disabling dyndolod output increases perfomance and almost eliminates stutters, except some micro ones in riverwood area.

Don''t overload the system with a too busy load order, large textures, large models, high settings etc.. That applies to everything, full or LOD models and textures, grass etc. The LOD mod is created based on the load order on your choices helps. It typically contains 3 LOD types that work independently of each other. All have their own creation options, models and textures and settings in game.

2 minutes ago, sheson said:

Don''t overload the system with a too busy load order, large textures, large models, high settings etc.. That applies to everything, full or LOD models and textures, grass etc. The LOD mod is created based on the load order on your choices helps. It typically contains 3 LOD types that work independently of each other. All have their own creation options, models and textures and settings in game.

Just if i had an idea what could possibly cause this...

7 minutes ago, jared_maxwell said:

Just if i had an idea what could possibly cause this...

Testing lower game settings is typically a way to start. For testing LOD, For disabling specific LOD types only help. Reading the manual helps. Understanding that rendering  grass or grass LOD outside the loaded cells really requires performance and resource no matter what. It doesn't come free.

12 minutes ago, sheson said:

Testing lower game settings is typically a way to start. For testing LOD, For disabling specific LOD types only help. Reading the manual helps. Understanding that rendering  grass or grass LOD outside the loaded cells really requires performance and resource no matter what. It doesn't come free.

I have regenerated not using grass, it still stutter. According to resource manager it happens when any textures/dyndolod stuff loaded.

11 minutes ago, jared_maxwell said:

I have regenerated not using grass, it still stutter. According to resource manager it happens when any textures/dyndolod stuff loaded.

LOD for a worldspace is always loaded. It is enabled/disabled for the areas where cells are attached. If you want to find out if a specific LOD type might have the highest impact on resource usage, then disable only it. Easiest via settings,

12 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the section "How LOD works in Skyrim" and "Mod Configuration Menu (SkyUI MCM)" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html

The static LOD distance settings can be changed at any time, even directly in the game with the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings as already explained.

OK I've read it and (hopefully) understood it better now. However, does this mean I should just increase Neverfade maximum? Because it is also said that eventually neverfade still fades.

Also the mountain object that's been disappearing and pops in again turns out not necessarily because it's so far away. At some points, whether it's near or far, it's bound to pops out and pops in again. Is this unfixable, like is it just how SSE engine is?

55 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

OK I've read it and (hopefully) understood it better now. However, does this mean I should just increase Neverfade maximum? Because it is also said that eventually neverfade still fades.

Also the mountain object that's been disappearing and pops in again turns out not necessarily because it's so far away. At some points, whether it's near or far, it's bound to pops out and pops in again. Is this unfixable, like is it just how SSE engine is?

It seems save to assume that if you are trying to alleviate resource usage  for better performance it is usually better to change INI settings so they require resources/performance. Generally that means lowering INI settings. If LOD generation went as expected the Neverfade maximum more or less only applies to clouds and maybe a few "High" glow LOD Windows.

As explained in the manual object LOD typically has 3 LOD levels. If the max distance of the third object LOD level is set lower than the max render distance of about a hundred cells, then objects in that distance turn on/off when crossing the threshold and the entire LOD 16 file for that distant area is enabled/disabled.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

LOD for a worldspace is always loaded. It is enabled/disabled for the areas where cells are attached. If you want to find out if a specific LOD type might have the highest impact on resource usage, then disable only it. Easiest via settings,

Some nvidia cache is first on the list when it stutters actually. I got everything run through CAO and it got better, thou nvidia’s stuff is now causing 10 fps drops for about 0.5 second when i run to a new area. (sorry for text screenshot, it moves too fast so i can’t copy it)

7B67795C-9900-48F8-B2A1-067CC99929D5.jpeg

19 minutes ago, sheson said:

It seems save to assume that if you are trying to alleviate resource usage  for better performance it is usually better to change INI settings so they require resources/performance. Generally that means lowering INI settings. If LOD generation went as expected the Neverfade maximum more or less only applies to clouds and maybe a few "High" glow LOD Windows.

As explained in the manual object LOD typically has 3 LOD levels. If the max distance of the third object LOD level is set lower than the max render distance of about a hundred cells, then objects in that distance turn on/off when crossing the threshold and the entire LOD 16 file for that distant area is enabled/disabled.

When it comes to LOD I try to make it the best as possible, because it's very distracting much more than textures or meshes. These are my DynDOLOD settings. How do I set it so the distant mountain pops in/out eliminated?

ScreenShot18.png

11 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

When it comes to LOD I try to make it the best as possible, because it's very distracting much more than textures or meshes. These are my DynDOLOD settings. How do I set it so the distant mountain pops in/out eliminated?

ScreenShot18.png

From the manual:
fBlockMaximumDistance=distance for object LOD Level 16
If you want LOD level 16 to cover max render distance it should be around 100 * 4096 or so.

It does not seem surprising there is a high resource usage if almost doubling the ultra LOD level 4 distance of 60000. Especially if  LOD level 4 object LOD contains 3D tree LOD and/or grass LOD. With the terrain LOD multiplier of 4 this means terrain LOD level 4 meshes and textures are shown all the way to the max render distance. You might want to make the INIs default again so they do not contain other similar insane settings for the other things.

5 minutes ago, sheson said:

From the manual:

It does not seem surprising there is a high resource usage if almost doubling the ultra LOD level 4 distance of 60000. Especially if  LOD level 4 object LOD contains 3D tree LOD and/or grass LOD. With the terrain LOD multiplier of 4 this means terrain LOD level 4 meshes and textures are shown all the way to the max render distance. You might want to make the INIs default again so they do not contain other similar insane settings for the other things.

I've reset and made sure that LOD levels setting are proper (according to BethIni Ultra, that is). I do think resource usage has been lessened by that, which is a good thing. The mountain however, still pops in and pops out. Please help what do I need to do so it does not happen again, because it might happen somewhere else and it's very un-immersive for me.

https://imgur.com/a/OTvnuGn

1 hour ago, gmahadhika91 said:

I've reset and made sure that LOD levels setting are proper (according to BethIni Ultra, that is). I do think resource usage has been lessened by that, which is a good thing. The mountain however, still pops in and pops out. Please help what do I need to do so it does not happen again, because it might happen somewhere else and it's very un-immersive for me.

https://imgur.com/a/OTvnuGn

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-33/?do=findComment&comment=246861
Otherwise just increase the LOD distances in the INI or the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings as explained in the manual.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-33/?do=findComment&comment=246866
Read the section "How LOD works in Skyrim" and "Mod Configuration Menu (SkyUI MCM)" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html
The static LOD distance settings can be changed at any time, even directly in the game with the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings as already explained.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-33/?do=findComment&comment=246899
As explained in the manual object LOD typically has 3 LOD levels. If the max distance of the third object LOD level is set lower than the max render distance of about a hundred cells, then objects in that distance turn on/off when crossing the threshold and the entire LOD 16 file for that distant area is enabled/disabled.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-33/?do=findComment&comment=246902
From the manual:
If you want LOD level 16 to cover max render distance it should be around 100 * 4096 or so.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-33/?do=findComment&comment=246861

Otherwise just increase the LOD distances in the INI or the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings as explained in the manual.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-33/?do=findComment&comment=246866

Read the section "How LOD works in Skyrim" and "Mod Configuration Menu (SkyUI MCM)" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html
The static LOD distance settings can be changed at any time, even directly in the game with the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings as already explained.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/employee monitoring software/15606-dyndolod-300-alp/Comment=246899

As explained in the manual object LOD typically has 3 LOD levels. If the max distance of the third object LOD level is set lower than the max render distance of about a hundred cells, then objects in that distance turn on/off when crossing the threshold and the entire LOD 16 file for that distant area is enabled/disabled.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-33/?do=findComment&comment=246902

From the manual:

Maybe a stupid question, but can I make the INIs default settings again later so they do not contain other similar settings for the other things?

8 minutes ago, brookeantoinette72 said:

Maybe a stupid question, but can I make the INIs default settings again later so they do not contain other similar settings for the other things?

The static LOD distance settings can be changed at any time, even directly in the game with the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings as already explained.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Oh my god I feel stupid. You've been trying to tell me this the whole time. Sadly that amount is too taxing for my system. It does solve my problem though. Still, thanks for the info. (and your patience)

EDIT: Whoops, my system can take it! Turns out I forgot to connect my laptop to a power source. Thank you!

Edited by gmahadhika91