DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

51 minutes ago, z929669 said:

The site settings were wrong (500 Kb TOTAL per user across all posts). I fixed to allow up to 1000 Kb per post.

You need to run DynDOLOD to generate the 3D trees for your game if the 3D statics are under ../meshes/DynDOLOD/lod/trees/* in your mod. To generate 2D trees, you need 'tree' billboards, and they can either be created by TexGen 3 alpha for your particular mod list or they can be used if they come with your mod ... under ../textures/terrain/lodgen/* ... either way, you need to run DynDOLOD to get the LOD benefits.

I always run DynDOLOD if my mod list changes with respect to anything affecting LOD. Furthermore, I will never go back to DynDOLOD < 3.

Ah I see, so I should deactivate all of the 3D trees LOD in my MO 2 and let DynDOLOD handle it instead? Will it still be 3D LOD if it is generated by DynDOLOD? (the base tree is 3D)

2 hours ago, gmahadhika91 said:

I do use SFO 3D LOD and Skyrim 3D Trees and Plants LOD. Do they count as billboard? I kinda like them, so I shouldn't generate trees from DynDOLOD altogether right?

You can easily check if a tree mod contains billboard by looking if it contains textures and text files in a subfolder of ..\textures\terrain\lodgen\..

Those are not needed anymore.

Users that are using the DynDOLOD 3 alpha are asked to test all new features, including the automatically generated billboards. Tree mod authors and users not having to worry about creating, finding and to correctly sorting billboards resources in the load order will be the new norm. I am almost certain you will find the automatically created billboards to look better, especially when using HD billboards with ultra tree LOD.

2 hours ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Also sheson, I recently upgraded my laptop and I've (again) already set:
FormID: GenericBannerRed03.nif
Grid: NeverfadeFull
Reference: Original

The animated banner still pops out at certain distance, while I want it to be shown in *any* distance doesn't matter how far. Is that the correct setting? Is there any block level that I should modifiy in skyrimpref.ini? Thank you again.

Those settings should work the same in DyNDOLOD 2.x and the DynDOLOD 3 alpha. Are you reporting they do not work the same? The Grid should not matter when setting Reference to Original. Remember to remove any rules that actually target specific references with a form id.

I have read DynDOLOD/docs/SkyrimSELargeRefGrid/SkyrimSE-LargeRefGrid.html and still have questions about large reference warning (attached)i am getting whily generating lods. From the docs i didn't understand what it can cause and why dlcs are updating RNAMs of original game in Tamriel, do they change objects? So without one of the dlc i will have different objects located in that coordinates?  

изображение.png

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Those settings should work the same in DyNDOLOD 2.x and the DynDOLOD 3 alpha. Are you reporting they do not work the same?

I've only used DynDOLOD 3 alpha lately so I can't say. So with that setting it should always be seen from any distance? Unfortunately that's not the case.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Remember to remove any rules that actually target specific references with a form id.

What does that mean? I shouldn't use GenericBannerRed03.nif in there? Then what should I put there? I'm talking about the animated banner at the Western Watchtower, the one where we fought Mirmulnir.

1 hour ago, jared_maxwell said:

I have read DynDOLOD/docs/SkyrimSELargeRefGrid/SkyrimSE-LargeRefGrid.html and still have questions about large reference warning (attached)i am getting whily generating lods. From the docs i didn't understand what it can cause and why dlcs are updating RNAMs of original game in Tamriel, do they change objects? So without one of the dlc i will have different objects located in that coordinates?  

изображение.png

Do not post screenshots of text. Copy and paste the text instead.

The large reference bugs means that the engine does not unload the static object LOD for all large references in a cell when it is supposed to. So the large reference full models and their LOD models show at the same. This can manifest as very obvious texture/lighting flicker between the two models. Any ESP overwriting a large reference triggers this bug for the entire cell. Hence the log messages as seen in the screenshot to warn about plugins that are not fully visually compatible with Skyrim Special Edition.

If a plugin (ESM in this case, since it is not supported by ESP) overwrites a large reference, it should also list the large reference in its worldspace RNAM. That is what the game files do. If an overwrite/plugin is removed then whatever the overwrite record  or plugin changes simply does not happen.

59 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

What does that mean? I shouldn't use GenericBannerRed03.nif in there? Then what should I put there? I'm talking about the animated banner at the Western Watchtower, the one where we fought Mirmulnir.

There already is a rule for that specific banner to show in the NearGrid. This rule targets it specifically via its FormID. FormID rules take precedence over mesh mask rules. Mesh mask rules apply to all reference that use base records for which the mesh mask matches. So all banners that use GenericBannerRed03.nif.

If you want that particular banner to also always show together with all other banners of the same type, use the mesh mask rule ad remove the FormID rule (or also edit accordingly)
If you only want that particular banner to always show, only  edit that FormID rule.

The FormID rule that targets that banner is the one that has skyrim;000eb82e for the Mesh Mask/Reference field. Hover above it in the list to see more information, like the name and location  of the reference and its base record. Also note the rule for its civil war replacement skyrim;000fcc65.

6 minutes ago, sheson said:

If you want that particular banner to also always show together with all other banners of the same type, use the mesh mask rule ad remove the FormID rule (or also edit accordingly)

Yes this is what I want. So first of all, I should just remove my custom rule targeting the .nif file right?

6 minutes ago, sheson said:

The FormID rule that targets that banner is the one that has skyrim;000eb82e for the Mesh Mask/Reference field. Hover above it in the list to see more information, like the name and location  of the reference and its base record. Also note the rule for its civil war replacement skyrim;000fcc65.

OK, next up, I should search skyrim;000eb82e and change it into original?

48 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Yes this is what I want. So first of all, I should just remove my custom rule targeting the .nif file right?

OK, next up, I should search skyrim;000eb82e and change it into original?

If you want that particular banner to also always show together with all other banners of the same type, use the mesh mask rule and remove the FormID rule (or also edit accordingly).
If you only want that particular banner to always show, only  edit that FormID rule and do not add a mesh rule.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

If you want that particular banner to also always show together with all other banners of the same type, use the mesh mask rule and remove the FormID rule (or also edit accordingly).
If you only want that particular banner to always show, only  edit that FormID rule and do not add a mesh rule.

Oh ok, so what I did was already correct, but my mistake was because I did not remove the FormID rule yes?

Say, if I want other objects to be added as a mesh mask rule, how do I know if that particular object is already added in DynDOLOD in a FormID rule?

46 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Oh ok, so what I did was already correct, but my mistake was because I did not remove the FormID rule yes?

Say, if I want other objects to be added as a mesh mask rule, how do I know if that particular object is already added in DynDOLOD in a FormID rule?

By scrolling through the list and checking them, just like you would have to for mesh masks. Hovering the mouse to get the extra information should help.

OK so my Skyrim is finally running on 45-60 fps, with high DynDOLOD and working grass cache and Rudy ENB. I thought finally after 10 years I'm able to play Skyrim, but no. I got a bug that is partly invisible ground. Is it possible that this is caused by my NGIO installation? I know this is not the correct place to ask, but if anyone could give me a clue of how to troubleshoot what caused this I would really appreciate it. (Or just point me which forum is a good place to ask for this)

https://imgur.com/a/yQ4fCdF

loadorder.txt modlist.txt

55 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

OK so my Skyrim is finally running on 45-60 fps, with high DynDOLOD and working grass cache and Rudy ENB. I thought finally after 10 years I'm able to play Skyrim, but no. I got a bug that is partly invisible ground. Is it possible that this is caused by my NGIO installation? I know this is not the correct place to ask, but if anyone could give me a clue of how to troubleshoot what caused this I would really appreciate it. (Or just point me which forum is a good place to ask for this)

https://imgur.com/a/yQ4fCdF

loadorder.txt 4.29 kB · 0 downloads modlist.txt 8.27 kB · 0 downloads

You want to check which mod makes changes to the cell record, its land record or maybe to landscape textures. If it's texture it probably would be more widespread.

Use DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM You Are Here to get the cell coordinates. Use xEdit Cell Browser (CTRL+SHIFT+F) to find the cell's form id.
Could be XCLC - Grid / Land Flags / Hide - Quad 1/2/3/4 flags

33 minutes ago, sheson said:

You want to check which mod makes changes to the cell record, its land record or maybe to landscape textures. If it's texture it probably would be more widespread.

Use DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM You Are Here to get the cell coordinates. Use xEdit Cell Browser (CTRL+SHIFT+F) to find the cell's form id.
Could be XCLC - Grid / Land Flags / Hide - Quad 1/2/3/4 flags

Thank you, you're comment is a clue in itself and I've found it. it's my smash patch. Boy gotta do the labor again.

EDIT: Found some XCLC records. How do I fix this though? I dragged the records from Open Cities but it's still the same in game.

XCLC.jpg

Edited by gmahadhika91

1 hour ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Thank you, you're comment is a clue in itself and I've found it. it's my smash patch. Boy gotta do the labor again.

EDIT: Found some XCLC records. How do I fix this though? I dragged the records from Open Cities but it's still the same in game.

XCLC.jpg

You sure you got the right cell? 6, -1 is inside Whiterun about where Heimskr is preaching. The last plugin Smash Patch.esp overwrites the record already and "unsets" the flags.