DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

6 hours ago, PurpleYellowRosa said:

It worked (cheers!), but didn't generate a debug log for whatever reason. The file is there, there's just no text in it.

Maybe the drive was full when it tried to write it? Is there a new/updated bugreport.txt with the time stamp of the tool closing?

In any case, if generation went through and the plugins saved without error all is good.

I just would have liked to check something in the debug log, but do not worry about it. Enjoy.

4 hours ago, NeedsMoreBirds said:

Here's the Windows event log for LODGENx64Win.exe:

I wasn't keeping an eye on memory usage at the time, but I have 64GB so I don't believe a memory shortage would be a factor. Expert mode is already set to 1 in the .ini, too.

LOD for only DLC2SolstheimWorld generated without issue, but it looks like I'm running an outdated version of .NET v6, so I'm going to update that and rerun the whole thing after I post this.

LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt 32.53 kB · 0 downloads

The log just stops, so no useful information and the event log also points to internal .Net problem.
If total memory usage is fine, you could double check that CPU and memory settings, cooling, overclocking etc. are stable.

You can install the latest .Net 7 as it typically supports of all former versions.

Since, it ran through without a problem you now should have a complete LOD patch. You might as well just play now and not worry too much about a hard to troubleshoot issue that happens sporadically.

39 minutes ago, sheson said:

The log just stops, so no useful information and the event log also points to internal .Net problem.
If total memory usage is fine, you could double check that CPU and memory settings, cooling, overclocking etc. are stable.

You can install the latest .Net 7 as it typically supports of all former versions.

Since, it ran through without a problem you now should have a complete LOD patch. You might as well just play now and not worry too much about a hard to troubleshoot issue that happens sporadically.

Running DynDOLOD after updating to the latest version of .NET 6 let it complete properly, so I think the outdated dependency was the problem. Thanks for helping me figure this out! Now I can play and my game looks fantastic.

I'll update to .NET 7 just in case I end up needing to run it again in the future.

Hello. I'm having Texgen hang on a texture in the latest version, all updated  including my GPU drivers. It eventually completes, then DyndoLOD will fail after refusing to launch the LOD window for tamriel, then tamriel will show up as failed at the end. I have tried turning off my anti-virus, adding the rules under [Texgen]:
LockTexconv=1
RenderSingle=1
RenderTexturesSingleThread=1
TexconvAdapterIndex=-1

nothing helps. texgen hangs, then suddenly completes, and it fails in DyndoLOD.

Here are my logs:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WWfnAQba0kEEn_z4ElGWIp16ZVVeiCPu?usp=sharing

4 hours ago, chemistofgor said:

Hello. I'm having Texgen hang on a texture in the latest version, all updated  including my GPU drivers. It eventually completes, then DyndoLOD will fail after refusing to launch the LOD window for tamriel, then tamriel will show up as failed at the end. I have tried turning off my anti-virus, adding the rules under [Texgen]:
LockTexconv=1
RenderSingle=1
RenderTexturesSingleThread=1
TexconvAdapterIndex=-1

nothing helps. texgen hangs, then suddenly completes, and it fails in DyndoLOD.

Here are my logs:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WWfnAQba0kEEn_z4ElGWIp16ZVVeiCPu?usp=sharing

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which debug logs to also upload.
Obviously also upload E:\HaydsModlist\Tools\DynDOLOD 3\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt as explained.

Also upload E:\HaydsModlist\Tools\DynDOLOD 3\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_TES5VR_ObjectAtlasMap_Tamriel.txt

TexGen does not hang when it completes. It is waiting for texconv to convert textures. Texconv will take longer when it does not use the GPU or when instructing to only run one at a time.

1 hour ago, chemistofgor said:

Thank you! Here's the Texgen report: (too big to attach)

"TexGen completed successfully".
As already explained, TexGen waits for Texconv to convert textures. If you want it to complete faster, then allow it to use GPU and/or allow Texconv and/or TexGen to do more things in parallel. Though 3 minutes seems acceptable, considering.

I know what you mean. 3 minutes is actually too fast, based on previous runs. the issue is that i dont think it is generating everything it needs to. it gets stuck on one asset at around 2 minutes, then when i run dyndolod, it doesnt make the lods for tamriel. the window never opens.

11 minutes ago, chemistofgor said:

I know what you mean. 3 minutes is actually too fast, based on previous runs. the issue is that i dont think it is generating everything it needs to. it gets stuck on one asset at around 2 minutes, then when i run dyndolod, it doesnt make the lods for tamriel. the window never opens.

TexGen does not get stuck. TexGen completes successfully.
According to the log messages it does not create a few billboards because they are missing full textures. https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures.
Stitched and rendered generated without errors or warnings.

this may help, from dyndolod:
[16:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 427. Check E:\HaydsModlist\Tools\DynDOLOD 3\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>
[16:01] Error: LOLODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txtDGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)

by the way, thanks for helping!

3 minutes ago, chemistofgor said:

this may help, from dyndolod:
[16:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 427. Check E:\HaydsModlist\Tools\DynDOLOD 3\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>
[16:01] Error: LOLODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txtDGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)

by the way, thanks for helping!

Read what I wrote in this post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-131/?do=findComment&comment=273244

Sheson, just reporting back that everything seems to be working great on my end...nothing appearing nor disappearing outside Solitude anymore (though I personally wasn't bothered by any other city, it was just the surrounding mountainside + trees rising up behind Solitude was a particularly unavoidable annoyance). 

Also, I think my issue with the junipers is that I wasn't checking "visible when distant" on my rule as I didn't think they had vanilla lod and so my rule of "full, billboard4, billboard1" wasn't producing any billboards even past lod level 4.  I plan to test this assumption with a run tonight.

42 minutes ago, chemistofgor said:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which debug logs to also upload.
That means the debug log for DynDOLOD.

Obviously also upload E:\HaydsModlist\Tools\DynDOLOD 3\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt as explained.