DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

1 hour ago, Valour549 said:

Well if they disappear when I move into the cell, doesn't that mean the red patches are not part of the full textures?

I also don't understand which files I should open with an image view to check; I don't see any files with the name noise.dds

image.thumb.png.2c8b370a805d130c847c8b4709973f19.png

After generating Terrain LOD using Quality=0 and Size=256 for LOD4 through to LOD32, and ticked Protected Borders for LOD4, it seems to make no difference to my issue. So what does this suggest?

Yes, that is why I suggested  to check  if the original terrain LOD textures have the artifacts.

A convenient way to find and open files in the load order including archives is the xEdit Asset Browser started with CTRL+F3. 

That suggest that the game adds visual artifacts onto terrain LOD textures. It takes no time to open a terrain LOD texture to just look at it and check it for visual artifacts.

16 minutes ago, Valour549 said:

OK I'm really new to all this. Which files are original terrain LOD textures? Which files are new terrain LOD textures?

I'm trying my best to understand your instructions but I probably need a step-by-step here...

The original terrain LOD textures are the ones already in the load order, if no mod with terrain LOD textures is installed  that would be the vanilla terrain LOD textures in the games BA2 archive files.

The new terrain LOD textures would be the ones generated by xLODGen.

4 minutes ago, Valour549 said:

Ok but there are hundreds, if not thousands, of files under Textures/terrain, all with extensions .dds

What exactly am I supposed to do? Open them all one by one and look for something that looks like the red patches?

Just open one for the area of interest. The video seems to show the Commonwealth worldpace.

First number of the file LOD files is the LOD level. 4 is is the nearest one and means the file covers 4x4 cells.

The other two numbers in the file name are the left/lower x/y cell coordinates for the area that is covered by the file. So the file with 4.0.0 covers the cells from 0,0 to 3,3

You can get the current player location in console with 
player.getpos x and player.getpos y

Divide the position by 4096 = the width of a cell in game units.
Round those  numbers down for the cell coordinates.

23 minutes ago, KOWALSKI said:

Install DynDOLOD 3 alpha into a new empty folder instead of replacing older DynDOLOD versions, then generate TexGen and DynDOLOD from scratch.

16 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the log messages. Follow their suggestions.

Common sense would be to reproduce the error messages if help is required understanding them.

The error message was "Item not found" after attempting to generate tree LODs, on the Alpha version, the previous version worked fine so no further help is needed, thanks

7 hours ago, DelightedPenguin said:

The error message was "Item not found" after attempting to generate tree LODs, on the Alpha version, the previous version worked fine so no further help is needed, thanks

Read the first post of the DynDOLOD alpha thread. The part in big bold characters. Then read beneath that part which log files to post when making a post in that thread.

Using older versions is not fixing the problem but a troubleshooting step. 

Yep 64bit PC with 8 GB system RAM. My virtual memory setup looked very similar to yours apart from I had about 10GB allocated automatically. However my game+mods are all in the D: drive (HDD) as my SSD C: drive is tiny. Do you think this setup is more suitable in my case? Setting it to automatic using the checkbox always reverts the paging file size for D: to None.

AfBFbFh.png

Btw thanks, I've never played around with this.