DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

5 hours ago, Kansas72 said:

Hi.  I installed latest versions of DynDOLOD Resources alpha 36, DynDOLOD DLL NG alpha 6, xLODGen latest beta and DynDOLOD 3 alpha 126.  I only get 3 textures do not match messages.  I read your information on those messages, but not sure how to actually fix them.  This is the fewest messages I have had with all of your versions.  I also have 2 from 3dnpc, but they don't seem to interfere with anything.  Do you have any pointers in how I can go about fixing them?  I added dyndolod log and the actual 3 messages.  Thank you

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.34 MB · 0 downloads 3 Textures do not match.txt 836 B · 0 downloads

Use NifSkope to make these changes to the 3rd party LOD assets:

In emlonghousetgc_lod_0.nif change the string Cube.001 to Cube.005 in the header.

In rifthallofkynetgc_lod_0.nif replace the textures for BSTriShape "Roof" / BSLightingShaderProperty / BSShaderTextureSet with the correct ones from the full model textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontileblack01.dds and textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontile01_n.dds.
Same for riftvilemyrinntgc_lod_0.nif BSTriShape "Roof.002" / BSLightingShaderProperty / BSShaderTextureSet

3 hours ago, Ookami829 said:

uhhh the link you send direct me to dyndolod64.exe not the textgen, this is the newest bugreport and log 

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 949.59 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 64.18 kB · 0 downloads bugreport.txt 70.36 kB · 0 downloads

Sorry about that. They are the same thing, you can just rename it. Or download this test version of TexGenx64 https://mega.nz/file/NF5GnabC#akrKNgpcYUXf8oiupO5oDpR6te6lV3e_j1zxU1Wp35k

1 hour ago, godescalcus said:

Hi Sheson,

I can't get DynDOLOD to run on my current setup. I've removed mods, including all new worldspace mods, rebuilt my bashed patch over and over again. Updated to the latest version and still fails. Disabled my AV during Dyndolod run and also checked my mods for errors, corrected some - but without knowing which errors can cause DynDOLOD to stop, I feel lost. Also don't know what to look for in the logs that could point to the mod responsible. Any clues as to what to look for and correct would be very welcome.

DynDOLOD_SSE_logs.zip 613.84 kB · 1 download image.thumb.png.a1cf2a1363c3da3e5be0443a284cc765.png

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. See the first post with log, debug log (they are created when closing the tool) and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload when making posts. Also see https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs how to enable the RealTimeLog in case there is no log/debug log.

As explained, if the option "Copy this message to clipboard" is available, copy and paste the text instead posting a screenshot.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions#Assertion-failure

You seem to mention the xEdit error check but did provide of the error messages.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference

1 hour ago, Ookami829 said:

This version works Mr. Sheson, Thanks for your guidance and sorry for bad english

ss.jpg

That is great. I would be nice if you could upload the log and debug log of the successful generation.

14 hours ago, sheson said:

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. See the first post with log, debug log (they are created when closing the tool) and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload when making posts. Also see https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs how to enable the RealTimeLog in case there is no log/debug log.

As explained, if the option "Copy this message to clipboard" is available, copy and paste the text instead posting a screenshot.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions#Assertion-failure

You seem to mention the xEdit error check but did provide of the error messages.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference

Here y'are https://ufile.io/f/x0elw

I have a 100% repeatable assertion failure at around 6 minutes, either during or just after LODGEN for the Tamriel worldspace. Using the latest version of both app and resources.

Meanwhile I'm checking my plugins in xEdit. DynDOLOD detected three deleted references in a patch from the easy fps occlusion stuff, which I removed. After watching the video you linked, I realised I never thought it would be important to remove broken VMAD properties - can those break anything in game, or are they benign? Mator didn't really go into any detail regarding what harm those broken VMAD properties can do, just that his old Merge Plugins Standalone would refuse to merge plugins containing ANY errors that xEdit could detect. Probably by his discretion? Not going to argue, though. The "solution" of just removing those properties may do away with the error message, but the mod will probably remain broken.

I also esmified two small mods that contained large worldspace references (remember Pure Waterfalls, an oldie goldie? And my stripped down version of RW2 containing only coastal waves. I didn't understand why that plugin named "RW2 Resources" was a master, being tiny and all that. Other mods like ETaC do the same, their master "resources" file is often smaller than the main plugin. Now I know one reason for this may be that it contains large worldspace refences (but I still don't know why those need to be in a master?). Cheers

Edit: and here's the error report from xEdit. Loads of stuff, and my question remains, how to know which errors are critical and which are benign, and which could cause DynDOLOD to fail? https://paste.ee/p/FgFb6

Edited by godescalcus

1 hour ago, godescalcus said:

Here y'are https://ufile.io/f/x0elw

I have a 100% repeatable assertion failure at around 6 minutes, either during or just after LODGEN for the Tamriel worldspace. Using the latest version of both app and resources.

Meanwhile I'm checking my plugins in xEdit. DynDOLOD detected three deleted references in a patch from the easy fps occlusion stuff, which I removed. After watching the video you linked, I realised I never thought it would be important to remove broken VMAD properties - can those break anything in game, or are they benign? Mator didn't really go into any detail regarding what harm those broken VMAD properties can do, just that his old Merge Plugins Standalone would refuse to merge plugins containing ANY errors that xEdit could detect. Probably by his discretion? Not going to argue, though. The "solution" of just removing those properties may do away with the error message, but the mod will probably remain broken.

I also esmified two small mods that contained large worldspace references (remember Pure Waterfalls, an oldie goldie? And my stripped down version of RW2 containing only coastal waves. I didn't understand why that plugin named "RW2 Resources" was a master, being tiny and all that. Other mods like ETaC do the same, their master "resources" file is often smaller than the main plugin. Now I know one reason for this may be that it contains large worldspace refences (but I still don't know why those need to be in a master?). Cheers

Unresolved script properties that stop the process mean, that the scripts are most likely not working as intended, e.g. instead of a containing the form the property is now "none". There will be most likely will be related scripts errors in the papyrus log.

It is not possible for patchers, including DynDOLOD, to work with unresolved form IDs. Also, since it is likely that something does not work as intended trying to ignore the error (and in case the patching process gets lucky and the underlying xEdit code does not directly throw errors/assertions) it could happen that the created patch risks to be broken or not working correctly itself.

If you mean large references, adding them or overwriting them only works correctly if that happens in master files. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-References

Regarding the error, check if a plugin overwrites the base record 0007614B and in particular what it does to the CNAM - Tree Data.

If there doesn't seem anything wrong with the overwritten base record and the CNAM - Tree data, there is a chance that because DenserFallForest.esp adding new base records with a duplicate editor ID is causing problems.

<Debug: Duplicate editor ID TreeAspen04 in DenserFallForest.esp TreeAspen04 [TREE:FE038ADA] and Skyrim.esm TreeAspen04 [TREE:0005FADA]>
<Debug: Duplicate editor ID TreeAspen01 in DenserFallForest.esp TreeAspen01 [TREE:FE038ADB] and Skyrim.esm TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6]>
<Debug: Duplicate editor ID TreeAspen03 in DenserFallForest.esp TreeAspen03 [TREE:FE038ADC] and Skyrim.esm TreeAspen03 [TREE:0006C9D4]>
<Debug: Duplicate editor ID TreeAspen02 in DenserFallForest.esp TreeAspen02 [TREE:FE038ADD] and Skyrim.esm TreeAspen02 [TREE:0006C9D5]>
<Debug: Duplicate editor ID TreeAspen06 in DenserFallForest.esp TreeAspen06 [TREE:FE038ADE] and Skyrim.esm TreeAspen06 [TREE:0007614A]>
<Debug: Duplicate editor ID TreeAspen05 in DenserFallForest.esp TreeAspen05 [TREE:FE038ADF] and Skyrim.esm TreeAspen05 [TREE:0007614B]>

Editors IDs should be unique in an entire load order. 

• +1 1

34 minutes ago, sheson said:

Regarding the error, check if a plugin overwrites the base record 0007614B and in particular what it does to the CNAM - Tree Data.

Nature of The Wild Lands is replacing the vanilla birch with its own model, changing object bounds, model filename, full name and animation data. Regarding CNAM - it increases amplitude, reduces frequency compared with vanilla. Ulvenwald does its own edits, but I have NoTWL winning aspens. Sorry about the ss but I thought it might be informative, in the context of your question.

It's suspicious that your reading of the logs points to NoTWL. My build is very much Lexy's build with a few changes, and this is one of them. I know NoTWL is reported to not be the most DynDOLOD friendly tree overhaul but I thought it was just the lack of passthru models. It has such good tree models, I was even thinking about making hybrid meshes for the majority, since only a minority have them and I'm trying to run DynDOLOD with Level0 at both LOD4 and LOD8 (which is another point where I'm diverging from lexy/step). I've even been entertaining the thought of going full 3d if I did pull off the hybrids.

Meanwhile, those six duplicate formids were my DenserFallForest plugin adding back the original aspen records (with models from Aspens Ablaze) as new trees and distributing them across the map, for added variety and density. I edited the formids to differentiate them from the original, as you implied. I think if I opened and saved the plugin in the CK it would have done the same thing? Some times I abuse of "blind" xEdit tampering.

image.png

(edit: removed duplicate screenshot)

Edited by godescalcus

19 minutes ago, godescalcus said:

Nature of The Wild Lands is replacing the vanilla birch with its own model, changing object bounds, model filename, full name and animation data. Regarding CNAM - it increases amplitude, reduces frequency compared with vanilla. Ulvenwald does its own edits, but I have NoTWL winning aspens. Sorry about the ss but I thought it might be informative, in the context of your question.

It's suspicious that your reading of the lods points to NoTWL. My build is very much Lexy's build with a few changes, and this is one of them. I know NoTWL is reported to not be the most DynDOLOD friendly tree overhaul but I thought it was just the lack of passthru models. It has such good tree models, I was even thinking about making hybrid meshes for the majority, since only a minority have them and I'm trying to run DynDOLOD with Level0 at both LOD4 and LOD8 (which is another point where I'm diverging from lexy/step). I've even been entertaining the thought of going full 3d if I did pull off the hybrids.

image.png

(edit: removed duplicate screenshot)

See what happens if you remove that last plugin and in case the assertion still happens, the next last plugin and so on.
Edit: the CRC32 for your version of Nature of the Wild Lands - Autumn Birches.esp is different than what I get for the latest version 2.4. Test the latest version of the mod.

Existing or not existing 3D tree LOD assets are irrelevant to this problem.

Also, read the rest of my post about the duplicate Editor ID.

• Like 1

Sorry, can't help it... LOL - you CRC32'd my tampered Nature of The Wild Lands and caught me red handed, so here's my confession. I broke the mod apart to avoid adding everything, as my trees are based on Ulvenwald. So I made Nature "modular", meaning I separated tree definitions, statics, etc to one base plugin, and worldspace referneces to a set of modules containing only what I wanted to add. Added the marsh in its entirety, and the autumn birches plugin because it was all that was needed to override Ulvenwald's fall forest trees. Added Solstheim edits because they would fit into a light plugin, and for good measure... but still haven't tested it extensively. Here's a clip of my frankenstein forests

image.thumb.png.4724536705ddfc2305591ca5314566f9.png

So the reason you see a different CRC32 is because I had to redirect the autumn birch plugin master from the original Nature of The Wild Lands to my broken down version, but that plugin in particular contains no other edits.

I did correct the birch editorIDs on the DenserFallForest plugin, which is a different matter - and seems to have been the one that fixed my problem. DynDOLOD didn't give out the assertion error this time at 6 minutes, and it's been doing its thing for 18 minutes now.

Edit: DynDOLOD finished, thanks!

Edited by godescalcus

2 hours ago, godescalcus said:

Sorry, can't help it... LOL - you CRC32'd my tampered Nature of The Wild Lands and caught me red handed, so here's my confession. I broke the mod apart to avoid adding everything, as my trees are based on Ulvenwald. So I made Nature "modular", meaning I separated tree definitions, statics, etc to one base plugin, and worldspace referneces to a set of modules containing only what I wanted to add. Added the marsh in its entirety, and the autumn birches plugin because it was all that was needed to override Ulvenwald's fall forest trees. Added Solstheim edits because they would fit into a light plugin, and for good measure... but still haven't tested it extensively. Here's a clip of my frankenstein forests

image.thumb.png.4724536705ddfc2305591ca5314566f9.png

So the reason you see a different CRC32 is because I had to redirect the autumn birch plugin master from the original Nature of The Wild Lands to my broken down version, but that plugin in particular contains no other edits.

I did correct the birch editorIDs on the DenserFallForest plugin, which is a different matter - and seems to have been the one that fixed my problem. DynDOLOD didn't give out the assertion error this time at 6 minutes, and it's been doing its thing for 18 minutes now.

Edit: DynDOLOD finished, thanks!

CRC32 of the full tree model always changes when the NIF is edited and saved. It has noting to do with the plugin or edits of the plugin. If you change the full NIF, then the LOD must be updated with the new CRC32 ... and probably should be rebuilt completely, depending on the change.

I'm now a bit confused with what I may or may not have done to the tree models. I did change their textures to bring them closer to aspens ablaze autumn variety, but don't remember doing anything to the meshes - although I cracked them open to check what might have been causing leaves to look a bit blander than their textures would indicate. I don't recall saving the mesh, but then, I may have. I'll reinstall the originals, even because, although DynDOLOD did succeed in generating lods for this build, I ended up with Ulvenwald lods!

Edit: I fetched at least one of the autumn aspens from an earlier version, because it looked prettier :P So there's probably the CRC difference, and since I hadn't gone through the hybrids yet, I overlooked checking whether there was a hybrid for that older mesh. 

Edited by godescalcus

55 minutes ago, heheloveer said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/25577

Stumbled upon this mod while trying to write a new LOD generation guide for Chinese players. There's no need to use this mod if Large Reference Bugs Workarounds are applied, right?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-References#Large-Reference-Bugs
Watch the video. That is the bug caused by initial disabled large reference.

A large reference or its enable parent that has the Initially Disabled flag can trigger the bugs. The type of plugin does not matter. It is the cause for the example shown in the video above - the problematic large reference is defined in Skyrim.esm. DynDOLOD can create workarounds for some occurrences, including the vanilla one shown in the video. For all others, a warning message Initially disabled large reference is written to the message log.

This particular bug has been addressed by DynDOLOD since years by making a non large reference copy and hiding the large reference underground. With the the large reference bugs workarounds enabled, it is fixed keeping the actual large reference.

• Thanks 1