DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

1 hour ago, heheloveer said:

Redid DynDOLOD without the exterior patch and they are still there. Screenshot of the console information on one of the duplicate waterfalls. There are a few sets of these vanilla waterfalls in the area, together with the waterfalls from Natural Waterfalls. Most of them are obviously misplaced but one set (furthest from the camera) is in the correct place, covering the ones from Natural Waterfalls behind it. I think that's probably a bug related to the new "copy large references from parent world to child world" feature, since these references are apparently added by it. I should also mention that I used WENB/Natural Waterfalls/Whiterun Exterior Patch combo while running version 122 and didn't have this problem. This further proves my point.

enb2023_4_30_23_27_27.thumb.jpg.67296841ff4990c89a5a10ef790c1481.jpg

Logs of the new generation, though I don't think it'll differ too much from the previous ones: https://anonfiles.com/0cabz0oezc/Logs0430_No_2_rar

Regarding rules, I mentioned the exact same line you quoted in my question, I was just not sure if I was interpreting it correctly. Since you didn't say I thought wrong, I'll just assume that I assumed right.

Thanks.

Generate with Alpha-126. That should fix that. If that works without the Whiterun Exterior patch, you can then try enabling the patch again.

Make close observation of close by objects right beyond the wall, like farm, windmill buildings if the patch is necessary or not.

25 minutes ago, sheson said:

Thanks.

Generate with Alpha-126. That should fix that. If that works without the Whiterun Exterior patch, you can then try enabling the patch again.

Make close observation of close by objects right beyond the wall, like farm, windmill buildings if the patch is necessary or not.

Always happy to help. I'll test with the new version when it's daytime where I am.

Speaking of which, before version 123 I'm pretty sure not having the Exterior Patch could result in some pretty "interesting" visuals, like windmill fans spinning in midair without the windmills themselves. Obviously the windmills were only added by the Exterior Patch but why would the fans be there still? My best guess is that the fans were dynamic lods, but I have to say I have no idea how DynDOLOD treats dynamic lods when it comes to child worldspaces. Now with the newer versions it seems the windmills are there whether or not Exterior Patch is used. In fact I didn't notice any difference at a glance, though I'm not sure if I could really do a super extensive comparison. Could this mean that the Exterior Patches are redundant when Large Reference Bugs Workarounds are applied? Getting rid of them could be beneficial since the two bridges added by Whiterun Exterior Patch conflict with Northern Roads which I use, and I had to delete those references in xEdit every time I reran DynDOLOD.

49 minutes ago, heheloveer said:

Always happy to help. I'll test with the new version when it's daytime where I am.

Speaking of which, before version 123 I'm pretty sure not having the Exterior Patch could result in some pretty "interesting" visuals, like windmill fans spinning in midair without the windmills themselves. Obviously the windmills were only added by the Exterior Patch but why would the fans be there still? My best guess is that the fans were dynamic lods, but I have to say I have no idea how DynDOLOD treats dynamic lods when it comes to child worldspaces. Now with the newer versions it seems the windmills are there whether or not Exterior Patch is used. In fact I didn't notice any difference at a glance, though I'm not sure if I could really do a super extensive comparison. Could this mean that the Exterior Patches are redundant when Large Reference Bugs Workarounds are applied? Getting rid of them could be beneficial since the two bridges added by Whiterun Exterior Patch conflict with Northern Roads which I use, and I had to delete those references in xEdit every time I reran DynDOLOD.

Windmill fans are dynamic LOD objects that replace the original references so that the same reference is used for LOD and also shows in active cells. LOD from the parent also shows in childworlds that use the parent world for LOD. For windmill fans that also means active childworld cells just the same as it does for the parent world.

If the large reference copying for the large reference workarounds happens to also automatically creates copies for the windmill and other buildings that patch manually adds, then don't bother with the patch to avoid conflicts.

In case the patch is still needed for something, do not edit the generated plugins. Instead edit the patch in the ..\Data\DynDOLOD folder by removing unwanted lines. Copy the patch file to a new mod so it overwrites the patch file in DynDOLOD Resources, then you never have to bother about it again.

To find which line to remove look at the editor ID of a reference added by the patch, for example:

whiterunexterior_tamrielpatch_00000D_DynDOLOD_PATCH_DynDOLOD_NOLOD

Take note of the highlighted hex line counter: 00000D = line #13. The first non commented // line is #0. e.g. overwrite=skyrim.esm;0001a279,XCLW=-4700.000000

So the 13th line to remove from WhiterunExterior_Tamriel.patch would be:
overwrite=skyrim.esm;000e8ecb,REFR=new,EDID=NOLOD,NAME=skyrim.esm;00022468,DATA\Position\X=34320.523437,DATA\Position\Y=-14425.012695,DATA\Position\Z=-4481.890137,DATA\Rotation\X=359.9769,DATA\Rotation\Y=359.4513,DATA\Rotation\Z=183.5520

You can use the base record (NAME=skyrim.esm;00022468) and position to doublecheck you got the right line.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

OpenGL error finally with 126. I have the debug options active in my INI. Bugreoprt and logs.

I'm rerunning again now and will let you know if repeatable.

Second attempt succeeded without issue.

23.2.2.230217 does not seem to be latest WHQL recommended driver?

Did the problem happen without setting GLListDebug and GLDebug?

Test with RenderSingle=1 added under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sheson said:

Windmill fans are dynamic LOD objects that replace the original references so that the same reference is used for LOD and also shows in active cells. LOD from the parent also shows in childworlds that use the parent world for LOD. For windmill fans that also means active childworld cells just the same as it does for the parent world.

If the large reference copying for the large reference workarounds happens to also automatically creates copies for the windmill and other buildings that patch manually adds, then don't bother with the patch to avoid conflicts.

In case the patch is still needed for something, do not edit the generated plugins. Instead edit the patch in the ..\Data\DynDOLOD folder by removing unwanted lines. Copy the patch file to a new mod so it overwrites the patch file in DynDOLOD Resources, then you never have to bother about it again.

To find which line to remove look at the editor ID of a reference added by the patch, for example:

whiterunexterior_tamrielpatch_00000D_DynDOLOD_PATCH_DynDOLOD_NOLOD

Take note of the highlighted hex line counter: 00000D = line #13. The first non commented // line is #0. e.g. overwrite=skyrim.esm;0001a279,XCLW=-4700.000000

So the 13th line to remove from WhiterunExterior_Tamriel.patch would be:
overwrite=skyrim.esm;000e8ecb,REFR=new,EDID=NOLOD,NAME=skyrim.esm;00022468,DATA\Position\X=34320.523437,DATA\Position\Y=-14425.012695,DATA\Position\Z=-4481.890137,DATA\Rotation\X=359.9769,DATA\Rotation\Y=359.4513,DATA\Rotation\Z=183.5520

You can use the base record (NAME=skyrim.esm;00022468) and position to doublecheck you got the right line.

Thanks for the tip. I thought of editing the patch file but for some reason I decided against it. Maybe I was just weirdly more comfortable editing plugins in xEdit.

Tested with version 126 and with the Exterior Patch on. Misplaced duplicate waterfalls are gone and the vanilla waterfalls added by the exterior patch are covering up Natural Waterfalls waterfalls, which is pretty much expected. I also looked around to see if the exterior patch was still useful. For now the answer seems largely negative. Most buildings outside the city, like the windmills, have two exact copies in the same place, added by Large Reference Bugs Workarounds and the exterior patch respectively. They don't result in visual glitches since they're exactly the same, but this does make the exterior patch rather meaningless. I did find two buildings and one or two smaller objects only added by the exterior patch, but they are all in places where I don't think you could really see them without tfc or tcl. With me using mods that replaces the vanilla bridges and waterfalls, the Whiterun Exterior Patch seems too much trouble for it's worth at this point. I'll look around solitude next. The Solitude Exterior Patch adjusts placements of occlusion planes, so maybe it's still worth keeping?

Edit: checked Solitude and it seems there's some noticeable objects only placed by the exterior patch, so I think I'll keep it. Also it turns out the glowy objects added by the patch like windows and giant campfires can be pretty noticeable at night. Hmm, maybe I'll reconsider.

Edited by heheloveer

Error: Texconv error 80070070 textures\architecture\whiterun\WRCityWall01.dds "D:\Main Download\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -gpu 0 -y -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\REDACTED AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE" "C:\Users\REDACTED \AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\23361F52950E495CB3F2983E7CF9906C.dds"
[01:24] )

Please explain what I can do about this no video or forum has helped me. location changes all over the place from whiterun to riften to solitude.

Note 2. I am not using a C drive I am using my D drive. Nothing in my C drive exists on what it is saying as only windows is installed there.

Brand new install of DynDOLOD, continually running into an error where DynDOLOD simply closes during generation with no pop-up error or anything. Not a clue what could be causing it as it happened once after a few minutes and then again after about 30 minutes after clearing the folder and trying again. Newest Alpha with new resources - had no problems running DynDOLOD Alpha-125 and only ran into this issue when trying Alpha-126 tonight. Logs are attached. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Edited by dnmt

7 hours ago, shaman said:

Error: Texconv error 80070070 textures\architecture\whiterun\WRCityWall01.dds "D:\Main Download\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -gpu 0 -y -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\REDACTED AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE" "C:\Users\REDACTED \AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\23361F52950E495CB3F2983E7CF9906C.dds"
[01:24] )

Please explain what I can do about this no video or forum has helped me. location changes all over the place from whiterun to riften to solitude.

Note 2. I am not using a C drive I am using my D drive. Nothing in my C drive exists on what it is saying as only windows is installed there.

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alph athread. Read the first post which log, debug and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

From https://dyndolod.info/Help/Texconv
80070070 There is not enough space left on the disk to which Texconv is trying to writing to.

3 hours ago, dnmt said:

Brand new install of DynDOLOD, continually running into an error where DynDOLOD simply closes during generation with no pop-up error or anything. Not a clue what could be causing it as it happened once after a few minutes and then again after about 30 minutes after clearing the folder and trying again. Newest Alpha with new resources - had no problems running DynDOLOD Alpha-125 and only ran into this issue when trying Alpha-126 tonight. Logs are attached. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 457.73 kB · 3 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 69.55 kB · 3 downloads

The logs you uploaded seem to show what happens when you start the tool, click High on the advanced settings and then Click Cancel.

Clean out the log folder. Enable the realtime log https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs
Select at least a worldspace, select at least one option to generate, like object, tree and dynamic LOD.
Upload logs including the real time log and bugreport.txt if it exists. Also check the Windows Event log.

7 hours ago, sheson said:

The logs you uploaded seem to show what happens when you start the tool, click High on the advanced settings and then Click Cancel.

Clean out the log folder. Enable the realtime log https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs
Select at least a worldspace, select at least one option to generate, like object, tree and dynamic LOD.
Upload logs including the real time log and bugreport.txt if it exists. Also check the Windows Event log.

Thanks. I was actually able to get it to work simply by unchecking the "Upgrade NearGrid large references to FarGrid" option, which seems like a nice-to-have but not required add-on. Curious, but I at least got everything to run. Thank you.

40 minutes ago, dnmt said:

Thanks. I was actually able to get it to work simply by unchecking the "Upgrade NearGrid large references to FarGrid" option, which seems like a nice-to-have but not required add-on. Curious, but I at least got everything to run. Thank you.

It is very unlikely that checking this options causes the OS to terminate the tool as described. Nothing about that option changed in the past several alpha versions.

Hello,

I've been running into an issue when I attempt to update an existing Dyndolod plugin.  What I've been able to do in the past is incrementally build up my full DynDOLOD by first processing the base game worldspaces, followed by the DLC world spaces, and then any mod related world spaces.  When I try to do that with 126-alpha, however, DynDOLOD.esm is updated to have errors.  Every worldspace I had previously included has unresolveable form ids in the large references, preventing me from updating the plugins any further.  I have yet to try generating for all world spaces out of memory concerns, but does anyone have an idea as to why my updates are failing in this way?

Pastee link containing latest DynDOLOD logs and SSEEdit errors: https://paste.ee/p/1OtsL