DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

23 hours ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD 3 is an alpha version for testing. Read the first post.

[... lots of useful info ...]

Thanks for the notes.  I think I have it figured out.  Did a little tuning of my graphics card, fixed my not-quite-right installation of DynDOLOD3, and I've had a great evening wandering in a seriously enhanced Skyrim.  The views are amazing even with Medium setting in Dyn3.  No crashes.  Looking good!

8 hours ago, butterenough said:

Hi Sheson,

in DynDOLOD 2.xxx, there is a rule for landscape\mountains

I can't find any mountain rule in 3.xxxx, is it set elsewhere? Thanks!

Rules for mountains exist in the low preset for either version. If that is not what you mean, you need to be more specific.

2 minutes ago, epx said:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/DG0XKhq/175513e7

Hello, good afternoon, I have this problem any ideas?
It only happens with snow mountains.

That's the only problem I have, otherwise everything works fine.

The screenshots show full models in loaded cells. DynDOLOD is a LOD generator and does not change full models/textures.

Why are do you believe DynDOLOD has any affect on these? Does the problem go away when you disable DynDOLOD?
If that is the case, did the plugin load order change after you generated LOD? Either generate LOD for the current load order, or manually forward any changes into the DynDOLOD plugin from whatever is now the last plugin before the DynDOLOD plugin and has its changes reverted because the load order changed..

By deactivating DynDOLOD the problem disappears.
It is possible that it is the loading order, I will try again.

Another detail to take into account is that I have many .esl files which DynDOLOD asks me to disable, and is it possible that I am disabling a file that causes this problem? For example MajesticMountains.esp (.esl)

I think the problem is not DynDOLOD, it has to do with something in my loading order. That's why I asked the question to get some idea, because otherwise I have no problems with lods, everything is running fine.

I think I am doing something wrong, but I can't find what.

I only have problems with :
RockCliff01 - 02 - 03 etc. nif

Edited by epx

2 hours ago, epx said:

By deactivating DynDOLOD the problem disappears.
It is possible that it is the loading order, I will try again.

Another detail to take into account is that I have many .esl files which DynDOLOD asks me to disable, and is it possible that I am disabling a file that causes this problem? For example MajesticMountains.esp (.esl)

I think the problem is not DynDOLOD, it has to do with something in my loading order. That's why I asked the question to get some idea, because otherwise I have no problems with lods, everything is running fine.

I think I am doing something wrong, but I can't find what.

I only have problems with :
RockCliff01 - 02 - 03 etc. nif

What do you mean by DynDOLOD asks you to disable ESL plugins? What is the message?

If MajesticMountains.esp is not loaded when LOD is generated its changes won't be part of the DynDOLOD plugins.

When I use Dyndolod, I can get one LOD flicker of Riften from far away(Screenshot from the nearby lake)

Dyndolod should not cause a LargeRefGrid problem,but I still have this LOD without using any mods (other than necessary).

Or, rather than a LargeRefGrid problem (the overlap of close and distant views), it looks more like two different LODs overlapping。

Can anyone give me any advice?

enable:https://postimg.cc/gallery/G2qMpFg

disable:https://postimg.cc/gallery/pKV9P7r

Is there anything in  the screenshots I am supposed to look at?

Does the problem go away when disabling large references?

Check the DynDOLOD log for message about plugins and references causing large reference bugs.

Why do you believe that it is DynDOLOD that is causing the large reference bug?

Provide basic information, like the DynDOLOD version, a modwatch, the DynDOLOD log, teh reference form id of an object or two that do not have their LOD unloaded etc.

12 hours ago, sheson said:

Is there anything in the screenshots I am supposed to look at?

Does the problem go away when disabling large references?

Check the DynDOLOD log for message about plugins and references causing large reference bugs.

Why do you believe that it is DynDOLOD that is causing the large reference bug?

Provide basic information, like the DynDOLOD version, a modwatch, the DynDOLOD log, teh reference form id of an object or two that do not have their LOD unloaded etc.

Thanks,the problem go away when disabling large references.

If my screenshots are helpful, please check them out.

I think DynDOLOD caused the big reference bug because I got the problem when I ran DynDOLOD with only the necessary mods, and the problem went away when I disabled DynDOLOD.

I use  DynDOLOD 3.27

Here is my log,is there any other information I need to provide?

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

3 hours ago, WYH77787980 said:

Thanks,the problem go away when disabling large references.

If my screenshots are helpful, please check them out.

I think DynDOLOD caused the big reference bug because I got the problem when I ran DynDOLOD with only the necessary mods, and the problem went away when I disabled DynDOLOD.

I use  DynDOLOD 3.27

Here is my log,is there any other information I need to provide?

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 9.92 kB · 1 download

I moved your posts to the DynDOLOD 3 alpha thread. For future reference, check the first post to see which logs to post and where. The screenshots show Riften from two different position, so it is unclear what changes they are supposed to be showing.

Obviously, use the latest alpha version to see if the issue still exists.

You might want to double check why it created 6 8k object atlases. It is pointless to set extremity large texture sizes in TexGen. The defaults are typically fine for up to 1440p screen resolution. Use the legal game version.

Hey uh after starting TexGen it starts creating textures then it suddenly throws "OpenGL: Source framebuffer objects unsupported". I can't find anything about it online and in the documentation. What could I be doing wrong? It's a completely new install with just a few mods (which I've used before and they worked). I'm using Mod Organizer 2. I've attached my modlist.

Modlist.txt

Edited by heX_
grammar

50 minutes ago, heX_ said:

Hey uh after starting TexGen it starts creating textures then it suddenly throws "OpenGL: Source framebuffer objects unsupported". I can't find anything about it online and in the documentation. What could I be doing wrong? It's a completely new install with just a few mods (which I've used before and they worked). I'm using Mod Organizer 2. I've attached my modlist.

Modlist.txt 3.99 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post, especially the big bold part and then beneath it about what logs to include in a post.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Read the first post, especially the big bold part and then beneath it about what logs to include in a post.

Oh god I'm so sorry, I keep forgetting to post them. Happened the last time too. I'll make sure to keep it in mind for the next time.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt: https://paste.gg/p/anonymous/9f28afecfb284303b75829dbc8074bd5

TexGen_SSE_log.txt: https://paste.gg/p/anonymous/e4e24eb4e94a4facafd780c38872e496

Though I'm not sure how recent the DynDOLOD log is. The problem happens while TexGen is running so I couldn't get to the DynDOLOD part. It's probably from the last time I ran it.

46 minutes ago, heX_ said:

Oh god I'm so sorry, I keep forgetting to post them. Happened the last time too. I'll make sure to keep it in mind for the next time.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt: https://paste.gg/p/anonymous/9f28afecfb284303b75829dbc8074bd5

TexGen_SSE_log.txt: https://paste.gg/p/anonymous/e4e24eb4e94a4facafd780c38872e496

Though I'm not sure how recent the DynDOLOD log is. The problem happens while TexGen is running so I couldn't get to the DynDOLOD part. It's probably from the last time I ran it.

Well this is about OpenGL, so TexGen logs is what we need. Did it not create a TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt or bugreport.txt?

If not, make a screenshot of the message, or if possible copy and paste the text.