DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

6 minutes ago, heheloveer said:

Thanks for the clarification. There's one thing that I want to add though: you generate grass cache before running DynDOLOD, while the WhiterunExteriorGrass patch, as I understand it, makes sure the Whiterun worldspace record in DynDOLOD.esp doesn't have the nograss flag. But if in the original load order the Whiterun worldspace has that flag, then NGIO wouldn't generate grass cache for it, right? So theoretically could this resulting in the grass outside the city still not appearing after running DynDOLOD with WhiterunExteriorGrass patch installed?

Any grass cache files for childworlds using a parent world for LOD are irrelevant for grass LOD generation since grass LOD is generated with the data from the grass cache files for the parent world. Grass cache files are also irrelevant how object LOD / large references works in the game.

Depending on the NGIO ini settings it will automatically generate missing grass cache files on demand when normally playing the game.

26 minutes ago, sheson said:

Any grass cache files for childworlds using a parent world for LOD are irrelevant for grass LOD generation since grass LOD is generated with the data from the grass cache files for the parent world. Grass cache files are also irrelevant how object LOD / large references works in the game.

Depending on the NGIO ini settings it will automatically generate missing grass cache files on demand when normally playing the game.

Indeed it's unrelated to large references, just something I suddenly thought of. Once I generated grass cache and DynDOLOD but only saw grass lods, no full grass outside Whiterun. Never encountered that again after I made a plugin which removes the nograss flag for Whiterun worldspace and made it overwrite every other plugin except DynDOLOD.esp. Well, whether it's actually useful or not, it never hurts to include a placebo.

Hello sheson, I am once again looking for support with LOD issues. This time I'm having problems with some glow lods not unloading properly. Here are some examples:
S9cgO1C.pngHTamMHO.pnguUgI3xd.pngCCKYLcQ.png
Saving and reloading from the main menu does not clear them up. Going to an interior cell, or in the case of the Solitude dock area, to the city worldspace and back does fix them. I haven't seen them when arriving to a cell directly with fast travel or through other means.
Here are the logs: https://mega.nz/file/9P9lEZbD#HSgYOmOMDybs-vF0drYsXSFEY1bH1OmwhSgBDTi15NI

There were some errors originating from DynDOLOD in some of the Papyrus logs so I attached them too, but I'm not sure if they are related, as the glow lods were always there, but the Papyrus logs were sometimes clean.

Edited by Blackread

17 minutes ago, Blackread said:

Hello sheson, I am once again looking for support with LOD issues. This time I'm having problems with some glow lods not unloading properly. Here are some examples:
S9cgO1C.pngHTamMHO.pnguUgI3xd.pngCCKYLcQ.png
Saving and reloading from the main menu does not clear them up. Going to an interior cell, or in the case of the Solitude dock area, to the city worldspace and back does fix them. I haven't seen them when arriving to a cell directly with fast travel or through other means.
Here are the logs: https://mega.nz/file/9P9lEZbD#HSgYOmOMDybs-vF0drYsXSFEY1bH1OmwhSgBDTi15NI

There were some errors originating from DynDOLOD in some of the Papyrus logs so I attached them too, but I'm not sure if they are related, as the glow lods were always there, but the Papyrus logs were sometimes clean.

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Out of place or floating objects"
Test with new game, wait in the exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message before moving. If the problem goes away, the updating of an existing save game with old DynDOLOD plugins went wrong. Follow the clean save instructions when updating DynDOLOD .

If problem happens with a new game, upload..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_Worlds.txt, DynDOLOD_Tamriel.txt and DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.txt from the DynDLLOD output belonging to those log files and screenshots.

Generate a simple test LOD patch just for Tamriel, no Occlusion needed, without the large reference bugs / DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts just with PapyrusUtil or DynDOLOD DLL 2.x instead. Upload that log debug log and the same data files from ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\

Do you have all 3 options enabled in the Skyrim.INI for [Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation = 1

2 hours ago, sheson said:

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Out of place or floating objects"
Test with new game, wait in the exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message before moving. If the problem goes away, the updating of an existing save game with old DynDOLOD plugins went wrong. Follow the clean save instructions when updating DynDOLOD .

If problem happens with a new game, upload..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_Worlds.txt, DynDOLOD_Tamriel.txt and DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.txt from the DynDLLOD output belonging to those log files and screenshots.

Generate a simple test LOD patch just for Tamriel, no Occlusion needed, without the large reference bugs / DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts just with PapyrusUtil or DynDOLOD DLL 2.x instead. Upload that log debug log and the same data files from ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\

Do you have all 3 options enabled in the Skyrim.INI for [Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation = 1

Problem does happen with a new game. Data files for the NG generation.

Logs and data files for the Tamriel test generation. I used the default scripts in DynDOLOD resources SE 3, so PapyrusUtil I believe.

Trace and DebugInformation were turned off. Two Papyrus logs with them turned on.

7 hours ago, Blackread said:

Problem does happen with a new game. Data files for the NG generation.

Logs and data files for the Tamriel test generation. I used the default scripts in DynDOLOD resources SE 3, so PapyrusUtil I believe.

Trace and DebugInformation were turned off. Two Papyrus logs with them turned on.

Does the problem also happen with the Tamriel test generation and PapyrusUtil?

1) Can the grass brightness settings in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini be raised above 1? I once tried raising them above 1 and it didn't seem to work.

2) Unrelated to DynDOLOD probably but I don't know where else to ask. In my game the moss/snow on buildings, mountains, etc. would creep up when seen from further away and sometimes would appear on neighboring surfaces that aren't suppose to have them, as shown in the video. Is there a way to disable/lessen this effect? I've set both fDecalLODFadeEnd and fDecalLODFadeStart to 1.

1 hour ago, heheloveer said:

1) Can the grass brightness settings in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini be raised above 1? I once tried raising them above 1 and it didn't seem to work.

2) Unrelated to DynDOLOD probably but I don't know where else to ask. In my game the moss/snow on buildings, mountains, etc. would creep up when seen from further away and sometimes would appear on neighboring surfaces that aren't suppose to have them, as shown in the video. Is there a way to disable/lessen this effect? I've set both fDecalLODFadeEnd and fDecalLODFadeStart to 1.

1) As explained in the INI those values are multipliers. A multiplier of 0.5 halfs the vertex color values, a multiplier of 2 doubles the vertex color values. Vertex colors are clamped from 0.0 to 1.0.

2) This is how decals work in the engine, they are always painted in front of things so they do not z-fight because of floating point precision. In LE with default settings it most likely would faded away in time. In SE Bethesda made a lot of decals not fade with the flag in the NIF causing this issue everywhere, especially with large references loading these full models further away making it so much worse.

13 minutes ago, sheson said:

2) This is how decals work in the engine, they are always painted in front of things so they do not z-fight because of floating point precision. In LE with default settings it most likely would faded away in time. In SE Bethesda made a lot of decals not fade with the flag in the NIF causing this issue everywhere, especially with large references loading these full models further away making it so much worse.

Welp, that sucks. This also explains why models from different mods can lessen/exacerbate this issue. Thanks for the explanation, at least now I know it's not my fault lol.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

Does the problem also happen with the Tamriel test generation and PapyrusUtil?

No, couldn't find any bugged glow LODs with that one.

This also sometimes happens with the LODs:

I haven't yet figured out what causes it. The footage was recorded in The Shire, but I have also seen it in the Tamriel worldspace, near Solitude and Whiterun.

Edited by Blackread

8 minutes ago, Blackread said:

No, couldn't find any bugged glow LODs with that one.

This also sometimes happens with the LODs:

I haven't yet figured out what causes it. The footage was recorded in The Shire, but I have also seen it in the Tamriel worldspace, near Solitude and Whiterun.

You did not provide any generation logs or information about the video. Make sure to use the latest DynDOLOD DLL and scripts available (2.x or NG)

2 hours ago, sheson said:

You did not provide any generation logs or information about the video. Make sure to use the latest DynDOLOD DLL and scripts available (2.x or NG)

Sorry about the sloppy report.

I can't reproduce it elsewhere so I'll focus on The Shire, as it seems to be easily reproducible at least on my setup. Here's a new video that shows the whole process:

And here are the logs for this LOD generation: https://mega.nz/file/IGsFDa7Z#kcMgWwnAkBc6lj3TcJEYq-Y4BBNbv1r8D75QFWed2AU

Written steps of how to reproduce:

1. Start a new game

2. Exit character creation and wait a few seconds in the starting cell

3. Leave the starting cell. Once in an exterior, wait until the message DynDOLOD successfully initialized is displayed

4. cow theshire 0 0

5. You should see some hobbit holes and a path in front of them. Follow the path to the west up a hill

6. Roughly atop the hill should be a spot where some parts of the LOD flash as you pass over it. It's not possible to stop in a spot and have the LOD disappear for an extended period of time, or at least I can't do it.

I'm using the Alpha-4 version of DynDOLOD DLL NG downloaded from this link

Edited by Blackread

56 minutes ago, Blackread said:

Sorry about the sloppy report.

I can't reproduce it elsewhere so I'll focus on The Shire, as it seems to be easily reproducible at least on my setup. Here's a new video that shows the whole process:

And here are the logs for this LOD generation: https://mega.nz/file/IGsFDa7Z#kcMgWwnAkBc6lj3TcJEYq-Y4BBNbv1r8D75QFWed2AU

Written steps of how to reproduce:

1. Start a new game

2. Exit character creation and wait a few seconds in the starting cell

3. Leave the starting cell. Once in an exterior, wait until the message DynDOLOD successfully initialized is displayed

4. cow theshire 0 0

5. You should see some hobbit holes and a path in front of them. Follow the path to the west up a hill

6. Roughly atop the hill should be a spot where some parts of the LOD flash as you pass over it. It's not possible to stop in a spot and have the LOD disappear for an extended period of time, or at least I can't do it.

I'm using the Alpha-4 version of DynDOLOD DLL NG downloaded from this link

Check the papyrus logs, if they show similar errors to the one you uploaded yesterday (worshipper scrips). It is most likely related to that. I am still looking into that, as well in addition to the glow not unloading.
If there are no errors in the papyrus log, check the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM - You Are Here if this happens while change cells, then also check the Information page if the Current/Active Activator both switch when changing cells. 

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Check the papyrus logs, if they show similar errors to the one you uploaded yesterday (worshipper scrips). It is most likely related to that. I am still looking into that, as well in addition to the glow not unloading.
If there are no errors in the papyrus log, check the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM - You Are Here if this happens while change cells, then also check the Information page if the Current/Active Activator both switch when changing cells. 

The spot where the glitch happens is indeed where the cell changes. I did three tests, two of the logs had dyndolod errors.

Spoiler
[03/22/2023 - 12:04:56AM] error: Cannot call GridState() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [thebawbsshireesp_3B8569_theshire_DynDOLOD_LOD (7A85B778)].SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.OnActivate() - "SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.psc" Line 39
[03/22/2023 - 12:04:56AM] error: Cannot call GridState() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [thebawbsshireesp_3CA51C_theshire_DynDOLOD_LOD (7A85B776)].SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.OnActivate() - "SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.psc" Line 39
stack:
    [thebawbsshireesp_3B856D_theshire_DynDOLOD_LOD (7A85B777)].SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.OnActivate() - "SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.psc" Line 39
[03/22/2023 - 12:04:56AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp0"
stack:
    [thebawbsshireesp_3B8569_theshire_DynDOLOD_LOD (7A85B778)].SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.OnActivate() - "SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.psc" Line 39
[03/22/2023 - 12:04:56AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp0"
stack:
    [thebawbsshireesp_3CA51C_theshire_DynDOLOD_LOD (7A85B776)].SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.OnActivate() - "SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.psc" Line 39
stack:
    [thebawbsshireesp_3B856D_theshire_DynDOLOD_LOD (7A85B777)].SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.OnActivate() - "SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.psc" Line 39
Spoiler
[03/22/2023 - 12:22:16AM] error: File "" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
	<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
	[skyrimesm_0A9745_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD (7A86140D)].SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.OnCellAttach() - "SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.psc" Line 235
[03/22/2023 - 12:22:16AM] error: File "" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
	<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
	[skyrimesm_0A9745_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld_DynDOLOD_LOD (7A86140D)].SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.OnCellAttach() - "SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.psc" Line 236

I checked the activators and they were both empty. The activators were present in Helgen prior to teleporting, but as soon as I arrived to theshire they were emptied and never filled again.

However, afterwards I did two tests where I waited considerably longer, a minute or two past getting the initialization message. Those times when I teleported to theshire the activators were there, and there were no LOD glitches. Maybe it just needs a bit more time for things to settle? Or maybe there's some other initialisation going on that messes things up.

Hello. I want to run a DynDoLOD but at the end error appears " DynDOLOD.esp already exists. Either activate it for updating or remove it to generate it from scratch."  How should I activate if for updating?