DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

Good evening

I have been a bit of a problem I am hoping you can help me with. My Grass lods are not generating all types of grass. I noticed that my plugins were missing object bounds for many grass types and I resolved that. I reran Texgen and DynDOLOD afterwards and now I see the grass types in the DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds file but they are still not generating. I have grass lods in the whiterun plains but It seems to be missing everywhere else where the grass is different (like the Reach for exemple).

I went through all the steps of the "No Grass Lods check list". The Grass lods are not present in the bto files. Any Ideas?

All my logs are here. Let me know if you need anything else
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13LSsNUuoOHZKBMdbsvJdJi_OpDp8Ok07?usp=sharing

10 hours ago, LordIceWolf said:

Good evening

I have been a bit of a problem I am hoping you can help me with. My Grass lods are not generating all types of grass. I noticed that my plugins were missing object bounds for many grass types and I resolved that. I reran Texgen and DynDOLOD afterwards and now I see the grass types in the DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds file but they are still not generating. I have grass lods in the whiterun plains but It seems to be missing everywhere else where the grass is different (like the Reach for exemple).

I went through all the steps of the "No Grass Lods check list". The Grass lods are not present in the bto files. Any Ideas?

All my logs are here. Let me know if you need anything else
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13LSsNUuoOHZKBMdbsvJdJi_OpDp8Ok07?usp=sharing

Always use the latest alpha version. Do not waste time using older versions or reporting problems with older versions.

Go through every step of the No Grass LOD Check List and not only mention the outcome/result of a couple.

I am still testing with the setting in the ini but it has not crashed yet so still doing runs when I can it just takes a long time with the real time log on.

It like your program is got a mind of its own lol.

Also, tomorrow I am getting a new video card in, going from a RX 580 to a RX 6650 XT sense i have had this 580 for years now.

41 minutes ago, Rozen said:

I am still testing with the setting in the ini but it has not crashed yet so still doing runs when I can it just takes a long time with the real time log on.

It like your program is got a mind of its own lol.

Also, tomorrow I am getting a new video card in, going from a RX 580 to a RX 6650 XT sense i have had this 580 for years now.

It is that your setup for some reason sometimes fails with the OpenGL command to generate mipmaps, even on textures for which it worked fine earlier in the same process.

The heap crash is most likely caused by not properly recovering from that error in order to keep going instead of stopping the process. This test version should do it without heap crash now https://mega.nz/file/ZJ4VWDLb#SGyHh8rgHYORc1WqdwzvrjJWnihDonkJMwL6AuHDKIM

Test with default INIs.

6 minutes ago, sheson said:

It is that your setup for some reason sometimes fails with the OpenGL command to generate mipmaps, even on textures for which it worked fine earlier in the same process.

The heap crash is most likely caused by not properly recovering from that error in order to keep going instead of stopping the process. This test version should do it without heap crash now https://mega.nz/file/ZJ4VWDLb#SGyHh8rgHYORc1WqdwzvrjJWnihDonkJMwL6AuHDKIM

Test with default INIs.

Okay going to test now.

Run 1 got a crash again

Faulting application name: DynDOLODx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.112, time stamp: 0x63dbb506
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.900, time stamp: 0xa97a9ed6
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000000000010c249
Faulting process id: 0x0xF4E0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D93709074E78FA
Faulting application path: C:\DynDOLOD 3.00-68518-Alpha-111-1673607327\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 4322bd91-7999-4200-9a0c-8a1fbafd6b49
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Want to put the real time logging back on?

6 minutes ago, Rozen said:

Run 1 got a crash again

Faulting application name: DynDOLODx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.112, time stamp: 0x63dbb506
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.900, time stamp: 0xa97a9ed6
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000000000010c249
Faulting process id: 0x0xF4E0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D93709074E78FA
Faulting application path: C:\DynDOLOD 3.00-68518-Alpha-111-1673607327\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 4322bd91-7999-4200-9a0c-8a1fbafd6b49
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Want to put the real time logging back on?

Yes.

I am still doing the run but i was thinking, would it be that your program is on a SSD and my Skyrim is on one of my HDD? maybe the program is trying to go faster than my HDD can go making it error, just asking sense it seems to work fine with no crash every time I turn on real time logging making it go slower.

7 minutes ago, Rozen said:

I am still doing the run but i was thinking, would it be that your program is on a SSD and my Skyrim is on one of my HDD? maybe the program is trying to go faster than my HDD can go making it error, just asking sense it seems to work fine with no crash every time I turn on real time logging making it go slower.

No. Read/Write functions do not care how long it takes. They either return an error or are successful when they are done.

15 minutes ago, sheson said:

No. Read/Write functions do not care how long it takes. They either return an error or are successful when they are done.

Okay that run got done with no crash, i will do one more but it takes almost 2 hrs each time with real time logging on.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

Always use the latest alpha version. Do not waste time using older versions or reporting problems with older versions.

Go through every step of the No Grass LOD Check List and not only mention the outcome/result of a couple.

I did but I will post a more detailed list with pertinent information as soon as I have time. Thanks

5 hours ago, Rozen said:

Here you go I did one more run for the night and made a video showing it with no ini change, it did not crash but got stuck. 

I thought the current problem was that it crashed?

Upload the log and debug log.