DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

Just installed newest versions of dyn 3 with the new NG dll.  Alduin is invisible.  Played from alternate start and vanilla beginning.  He shoots his powers and fire, but nothing is there.  Going to rerun it.  I dont have anything to affect him.  He was there (showed up) prior to these newest versions.  Weird

17 hours ago, Anubis said:

Hi, I didn't know where to post this exactly (I'm new here).

So, a few days ago I installed DynDOLOD 3 Alpha on Skyrim SE. Did everything as instructed, got it working. My game now looks awsome. But now I discovered  that when DynDOLOD.esp is active, I get CTD behind the College of Winterhold (when walking towards the sea)

I tested every way possible, disabled mods and changed settings. I even removed everything else under the DynDOLOD Output, leaving just DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp - still CTD. Only when I remove DynDOLOD.esp, there is no more CTD.

I probably need to edit the esp in CK ?

Here are my logs: 

NetScriptFramework: https://www30.zippyshare.com/v/57ZATPRb/file.html

Papyrus: https://www30.zippyshare.com/v/iu81Jpko/file.html

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

The crash log tells us exactly and pretty straight forward what causes the crash: MESHES\DynDOLOD\NoHavok\mgmagicfirepillar01_nohavok.nif

That NIF is crated by DynDOLOD on demand from an original and just its collision flag unset. Upload that NIF and the original/winning mgmagicfirepillar01.nif (most likely in meshes/effects) from the current load order or let me know which mod contains it.

12 hours ago, jaeswoop said:

Trying to use TexGen on fallout 4 and I keep getting a data error and missing textures for tree LODs in game, any light shed on this situation would be appreciated!
Error logs.zip(had to compress logs because of file size limits)

There seems to be a problem unpacking a file from a compressed BA2.
I believe it fails at unpacking Textures\architecture\buildings\reswindowsheet_s.dds

Use the xEdit Asset Browser (started with CTRL+F3) to find out which winning BA2 contains it. You should see a similar error message trying to unpack it with the xEdit Asset Browser as well.

13 hours ago, Kansas72 said:

Just installed newest versions of dyn 3 with the new NG dll.  Alduin is invisible.  Played from alternate start and vanilla beginning.  He shoots his powers and fire, but nothing is there.  Going to rerun it.  I dont have anything to affect him.  He was there (showed up) prior to these newest versions.  Weird

DynDOLOD should not affect NPCs, it is a LOD patch generator. You make it sound like the DynDOLOD DLL NG may be the cause, which also should not affect NPCs.

What rudimentary troubleshooting have you done to come to the conclusion that DynDOLOD has anything to do with that problem?

6 hours ago, sheson said:

The crash log tells us exactly and pretty straight forward what causes the crash: MESHES\DynDOLOD\NoHavok\mgmagicfirepillar01_nohavok.nif

That NIF is crated by DynDOLOD on demand from an original and just its collision flag unset. Upload that NIF and the original/winning mgmagicfirepillar01.nif (most likely in meshes/effects) from the current load order or let me know which mod contains it.

As I said: "I even removed everything else under the DynDOLOD Output, leaving just DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp - still CTD."

I think i met a terrible BUG releated to the DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00.

Some quests will lose their Alias (Maybe) when you save the game, so when you read the save, you cannot continue the quest, the quest object will not display because the target Alias that the pointer point to is considered as not exsist.

I first noticed this BUG is when i'm doing DLC01 VQ07 touch the sky. After the game dispays: "Start: touch the sky" "Find the Auriel's bow" I save the game and quit. The next day i read the save and noticed the Object which should be display on the compass "Find the Auriel's bow" disappered. I ignore that and go to find Gelebor, but he do nothing after finish the dialogue with me, he should cast a spell to open the door but he don't. And here's a scence between him and serana, i noticed serana said what she should to say as usuall, but without pause--the dialouge should be said by Gelebor is skipped. Then i have to use console command to active the door, and i found here's no pointer to the five Shrines. So i have to read a previous save that before i start VQ07 touch the sky, and done that quest without exting game.

I have ever checked the payrus log of the game, i found a log that:

error: Action ref cannot be None
stack:
    [ (0200C177)].DLC1dunWaygateScript.Activate() - "<native>" Line ?
    [DLC1VQ07 (02002853)].DLC1_QF_DLC1VQ07_01002853.Fragment_40() - "DLC1_QF_DLC1VQ07_01002853.psc" Line 465

That's why i say "Some quests will lose their Alias". I think that's why the pionter disappeared and the quest cannot continue.The Alias lost.

Today when i play vigilant mod, i met same bug: the quest object pointer on compass and map disappeared when i read the save, i find the targetNPC but cannot continue the quest.He won't talk to me.

After hours of test, 3 or 4 times of regenrate LOD, i think it should be caused by the DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00. Maybe the dll in it caused this.

Uninstall DynDOLOD, this bug will not happend.

With the DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 installed and Large Reference Bugs Workarounds enabled, I enter the game, after quest "Empty Cells" start, save the game , go to talk with gurad,the object "Talk with Steward" shows on compass and map. Read the save, the object "Talk with Steward" not shown. And when i talked to Steward, he will not give me the dialogue option.

I uninstall the DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 and genrate LOD again, enter the game, after quest "Empty Cells" start, save the game. Go to talk with gurad,the object "Talk with Steward" shows on compass and map. Read the save, it still shows on the compass and map.Talk to Steward, he will give me dialogue option.

Sorry for no log here, the latest generation do not use DynDOLOD DLL NG and no bug in game, so i think the log is no value.

DynDOLOD Alpha-108, DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 Alpha-30, DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00.     

Edited by blueetenicolet

32 minutes ago, blueetenicolet said:

I think i met a terrible BUG releated to the DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00.

Some quests will lose their Alias (Maybe) when you save the game, so when you read the save, you cannot continue the quest, the quest object will not display because the target Alias that the pointer point to is considered as not exsist.

I first noticed this BUG is when i'm doing DLC01 VQ07 touch the sky. After the game dispays: "Start: touch the sky" "Find the Auriel's bow" I save the game and quit. The next day i read the save and noticed the Object which should be display on the compass "Find the Auriel's bow" disappered. I ignore that and go to find Gelebor, but he do nothing after finish the dialogue with me, he should cast a spell to open the door but he don't. And here's a scence between him and serana, i noticed serana said what she should to say as usuall, but without pause--the dialouge should be said by Gelebor is skipped. Then i have to use console command to active the door, and i found here's no pointer to the five Shrines. So i have to read a previous save that before i start VQ07 touch the sky, and done that quest without exting game.

I have ever checked the payrus log of the game, i found a log that:

error: Action ref cannot be None
stack:
    [ (0200C177)].DLC1dunWaygateScript.Activate() - "<native>" Line ?
    [DLC1VQ07 (02002853)].DLC1_QF_DLC1VQ07_01002853.Fragment_40() - "DLC1_QF_DLC1VQ07_01002853.psc" Line 465

That's why i say "Some quests will lose their Alias". I think that's why the pionter disappeared and the quest cannot continue.The Alias lost.

Today when i play vigilant mod, i met same bug: the quest object pointer on compass and map disappeared when i read the save, i find the targetNPC but cannot continue the quest.He won't talk to me.

After hours of test, 3 or 4 times of regenrate LOD, i think it should be caused by the DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00. Maybe the dll in it caused this.

Uninstall DynDOLOD, this bug will not happend.

With the DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 installed and Large Reference Bugs Workarounds enabled, I enter the game, after quest "Empty Cells" start, save the game , go to talk with gurad,the object "Talk with Steward" shows on compass and map. Read the save, the object "Talk with Steward" not shown. And when i talked to Steward, he will not give me the dialogue option.

I uninstall the DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 and genrate LOD again, enter the game, after quest "Empty Cells" start, save the game. Go to talk with gurad,the object "Talk with Steward" shows on compass and map. Read the save, it still shows on the compass and map.Talk to Steward, he will give me dialogue option.

Sorry for no log here, the latest generation do not use DynDOLOD DLL NG and no bug in game, so i think the log is no value.

DynDOLOD Alpha-108, DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 Alpha-30, DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00.     

How are the DynDOLOD scripts or DLL affecting the couple papyrus quoted log lines? Post the entire log.

These issues sound a bit like surpassing the plugin limits or the MaxStdIO setting not being raised high enough with SSE Engine Fixes.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

As I said: "I even removed everything else under the DynDOLOD Output, leaving just DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp - still CTD."

Really read everything what I wrote.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "ILS or CTD"
See ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt for checking if a missing or invalid asset (meshes or textures) is the cause.

12 minutes ago, sheson said:

How are the DynDOLOD scripts or DLL affecting the couple papyrus quoted log lines? Post the entire log.

These issues sound a bit like surpassing the plugin limits or the MaxStdIO setting not being raised high enough with SSE Engine Fixes.

OK. I'll generate LOD with DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00, test again and save the log. And try increasing MaxStdIO to see what happend.

6 minutes ago, blueetenicolet said:

OK. I'll generate LOD with DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00, test again and save the log. And try increasing MaxStdIO to see what happend.

While those logs would be interesting as well I did not asked for that. Simply upload the logs form the last generation.

19 minutes ago, sheson said:

Really read everything what I wrote.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "ILS or CTD"
See ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt for checking if a missing or invalid asset (meshes or textures) is the cause.

Ah, now I understand. If this mesh is either missing or faulty - either way it's CTD

I'm sorry, I really did read everything and many more, it's just a lot of info all at once and some things might slip out of mind while concentrating to some other parts of it.

Here are the meshes:

https://www83.zippyshare.com/v/C3OslIGe/file.html
https://www83.zippyshare.com/v/2M05RAf4/file.html

20 minutes ago, blueetenicolet said:

Er... the last generation not use DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00, and have no problem.. So i think i should upload the log from generation that have bugs.

The log and debug log contain lots of information about the game and load order. Rudimentary information you have yet to provide.

Whatever the issues in the game, the difference in the LOD generation is secondary.