DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

So, solution #1 from that link worked.  But for some reason, I had to do the procedure twice, which I why I thought it wasn't working and hence my post.  Maybe I typo'd something the first time?  v.Alpha 74 worked for me.  So, this error seems to be related to v.Alpha78 (or at least something between 74 and 78).   Nothing else has really changed on my end.

22 minutes ago, Zanderat said:

So, solution #1 from that link worked.  But for some reason, I had to do the procedure twice, which I why I thought it wasn't working and hence my post.  Maybe I typo'd something the first time?  v.Alpha 74 worked for me.  So, this error seems to be related to v.Alpha78 (or at least something between 74 and 78).   Nothing else has really changed on my end.

You just fixed a problem with feature of the OS on your end.

LODGen did not cause the problem with your OS. LODGen simply now uses a feature it didn''t use before improvements were made in Alpha-76

5 hours ago, Zanderat said:

Interesting.  Is this some sort of Windows 11 thing?  First time I have had this issue.  Anyway, it's all good now.  Thanks for the help.

The website page says 2017.The problem could possible happen all the way from XP for all I know.

I'm getting an "open GL: out of memory" error when running TexGen x64 3.00 Alpha 78. I'm using DynDOLOD Resources SE v3 Alpha 22. I was troubleshooting a separate DYNDOLOD Error (item not found) that's only occurring with a specific combination of mods. During this process I've reran texgen multiple time just fine for an ever dwindling load order.

Now it's suddenly giving this OpenGL: out of memory error. It's continued happening after a pc restart and with minimal background programs. This did not happen using resources 3.0 alpha v21 with texgen 3.0 alpha v74. This also only started with this specific minimal modlist, and texgen worked properly on a far larger version of it. (Currently a very minimal troubleshooting list of engine fixes, USSEP, PapyrusUtils, SkyUI, Seasons of Skyrim, Seasonal Aspen Trees, and JK's Skyrim. No active retexture mods). I'm confused because this worked before when far more mods where enabled, including everything that is enabled now with it not working.

I'm running Windows 10 x64 21H2 (build 19044.1586) with a ryzen 5 5600g and I've got 32GB of ram. Total system ram usage stayed at around 6.3-6.7GB used out of 32gb during this process. There was a very short spike up to 8gb when first opening the program, but only when it first opened. Looking at the **DYNDOLOD manual I've not found anything, and I'm already using the x64 version of Texgen.

**Clicking the link in the error box in either dydndolod or texgen did nothing throughout my troubleshooting. No browser window ever opened. It was weird because that used to work.

Texgen 3.00 Alpha 78 Settings.PNG

MO2 Modlist.JPG

Texgen Error Copied to clipboard:

Spoiler

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Error: OpenGL: out of memory.

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Manual | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Error Box.JPG 

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Edited by Roastlawyer

48 minutes ago, Roastlawyer said:

I'm getting an "open GL: out of memory" error when running TexGen x64 3.00 Alpha 78. I'm using DynDOLOD Resources SE v3 Alpha 22. I was troubleshooting a separate DYNDOLOD Error (item not found) that's only occurring with a specific combination of mods. During this process I've reran texgen multiple time just fine for an ever dwindling load order.

Now it's suddenly giving this OpenGL: out of memory error. It's continued happening after a pc restart and with minimal background programs. This did not happen using resources 3.0 alpha v21 with texgen 3.0 alpha v74. This also only started with this specific minimal modlist, and texgen worked properly on a far larger version of it. (Currently a very minimal troubleshooting list of engine fixes, USSEP, PapyrusUtils, SkyUI, Seasons of Skyrim, Seasonal Aspen Trees, and JK's Skyrim. No active retexture mods). I'm confused because this worked before when far more mods where enabled, including everything that is enabled now with it not working.

I'm running Windows 10 x64 21H2 (build 19044.1586) with a ryzen 5 5600g and I've got 32GB of ram. Total system ram usage stayed at around 6.3-6.7GB used out of 32gb during this process. There was a very short spike up to 8gb when first opening the program, but only when it first opened. Looking at the **DYNDOLOD manual I've not found anything, and I'm already using the x64 version of Texgen.

**Clicking the link in the error box in either dydndolod or texgen did nothing throughout my troubleshooting. No browser window ever opened. It was weird because that used to work

Texgen Error Copied to clipboard:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Error: OpenGL: out of memory.

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Manual | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 1.77 MB · 2 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 80.68 kB · 1 download

See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions#Item-not-found. Upload log, debug, bugreport.txt.
What link are you referring to that does not open a webpage in the browswer?

OpenGL memory is video memory. Track its usage while TexGen is running. It should not use much more than 2GB with default settings and vanilla textures. Close other programs that use video memory.

Does the error also happen if only checking rendered object LOD textures or stitched object LOD textures at a time?

Open ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI in notepad and add a line TextureCache=10, test if it makes a difference.

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

OpenGL memory is video memory. Track its usage while TexGen is running. It should not use much more than 2GB with default settings and vanilla textures. Close other programs that use video memory.

Just reran Texgen, I only have a 2gb Video card (gtx 960 2gb). Dedicated VRAM usage hit 2gb then texgen gave the out of memory error, but total GPU memory (including shared normal ram) only hit 2.1gb.

Reran it a second time having added TextureCache=10 to the TexGen_SSE.ini right at the top under [TexGen]. That worked without an error. Vram usage did hit 1.8gb, but Dedicated vram usage seemed to reset every so often to below 1gb this time before climbing back up. So that was successful.

Edited by Roastlawyer

46 minutes ago, sheson said:

What link are you referring to that does not open a webpage in the browswer?

When Texgen threw that error message window, none of the links worked.

For my Dyndolod error: now that texgen worked I can see that this specific minimal modlist works. Whenever I re add "nature of the wild lands - Pine and Aspens Replacer" dyndolod gives that item not found error. I reran texgen yet again  (with nature of the Wild lands - Pine and aspens replacer and this time with HD Tree selected as I have Ultra trees set in DynDolod). After that completed I ran dydndolod and it gave "Error: Item not Found"

I'm uploading the Dyndolod Debug Log to google drive but my upload speed is horrible so it will take a few minutes (233mb)

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Edited by Roastlawyer

16 minutes ago, Roastlawyer said:

You mean Online Manual | Support Forum at the bottom?

All links use the same OS mechanic to open an URL with the default browser. If the browser is already running it should open a new tab. What happens if you click the Help button of the TexGen window?

13 minutes ago, sheson said:

You mean Online Manual | Support Forum at the bottom?

All links use the same OS mechanic to open an URL with the default browser. If the browser is already running it should open a new tab. What happens if you click the Help button of the TexGen window?

Yes, that is what I mean. Along with the click here for more info button in dyndolod when it brings up message windows. Clicking the help button does nothing for me anymore for some reason. I get the blue loading symbol on my mouse cursor but the browser doesn't open. If the browser (edge) was already open I get no new tab. It is very strange because it worked a few days ago.

31 minutes ago, Roastlawyer said:

For my Dyndolod error: now that texgen worked I can see that this specific minimal modlist works. Whenever I re add "nature of the wild lands - Pine and Aspens Replacer" dyndolod gives that item not found error. I reran texgen yet again  (with nature of the Wild lands - Pine and aspens replacer and this time with HD Tree selected as I have Ultra trees set in DynDolod). After that completed I ran dydndolod and it gave "Error: Item not Found"

I'm uploading the Dyndolod Debug Log to google drive but my upload speed is horrible so it will take a few minutes (233mb)

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 29.74 kB · 0 downloads

Debug Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ah99WkM7cy-smuEIAXGOuKC0IYiNGr0o/view?usp=sharing

17 minutes ago, sheson said:

No bugreport.txt in the same folder as the DynDLODx64.exe?

Sorry about that, it's from a rerun I did a few moments ago but with the same modlist and giving the same error as in the other logs.

Edit: Glancing at the bugreport log, I see I did not clear it and it also includes a number of old runs. My bad

bugreport.txt

Edited by Roastlawyer

Upgraded yesterday to version 3.00 alpha 78.

I got the first time the "OpenGL error...", then I figured that I used "TexGen.exe" not "TexGen64.exe".

I rebooted the PC and used TexGen64.exe and everything worked fine.

I was happy to find that the College of Winterhold LOD flickering was fixed, as well as the Windhelm Main door step issue fixed.

Thank you for this great work.