DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

6 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Hmm is that so. Then maybe the problem with imrpoved mountain LOD and Z fight will only show once I've generated DynDOLOD again?

Not sure what the problem is. xLODGen/DynDOLOD generate object LOD for objects added by plugins in the load order. If you do not like certain objects in the game, remove them from the plugin or remove the mod. Then generate LOD for the new load order. Remove any other LOD files in case they are not being overwritten.

31 minutes ago, BenefitsBen said:

For whatever reason I can't get grass lods to work, whatever I do they just don't appear. I think i've followed the instuctions correctly.

So, write down step for step what you did, so someone could tell where the error occured.

1 hour ago, BenefitsBen said:

For whatever reason I can't get grass lods to work, whatever I do they just don't appear. I think i've followed the instuctions correctly.

Start by reading the first and second post.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

The Improved Mountain LOD and Z Fight Patch does add mountains far up north in the cells, though.

LOD only works and looks correctly for the load it was generated for. Pre-made LODs are always wrong and nobody should be using them. They are just a waste of time, especially for the users.

As explained in the manual, TexGen/DynDOLOD output always needs to overwrite everything. If there are pre-made LOD files in the load order for coordinates for which there is no data in the current plugins, then no new files will be generated to overwrite them and the engine will load and show those files obviously.

The author of that mod list does not understand how LOD works.

I reached out to the author of this guide on Nexus. This looks like a modding guide that includes all terrain and object LOD in the download that is obviously only applicable to those that follow all instructions and make no customizations --and if the authors themselves get LODGen right in the first place.

I've been trying to communicate to various mod authors that include *.bto, *.btt, and *.btr files in their mods that doing so introduces potential for chasing many wild geese while herding cats across and through neighboring properties.

I have seen a few posts on this site relating to issues with "Skyrim 2021", because the authors evidently are not able to meet their support demand. Unsurprisingly, not all is LOD related.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

I reached out to the author of this guide on Nexus. This looks like a modding guide that includes all terrain and object LOD in the download that is obviously only applicable to those that follow all instructions and make no customizations --and if the authors themselves get LODGen right in the first place.

I've been trying to communicate to various mod authors that include *.bto, *.btt, and *.btr files in their mods that doing so introduces potential for chasing many wild geese while herding cats across and through neighboring properties.

I have seen a few posts on this site relating to issues with "Skyrim 2021", because the authors evidently are not able to meet their support demand. Unsurprisingly, not all is LOD related.

Oh wow some of it are mine. But yeah, I don't agree for all of the guide, whether it's by looks, but mostly performance. However I just got back to SSE modding scene from maybe 2 years hiatus and the guide generally helps so still props to it.

On 12/9/2020 at 7:18 AM, sheson said:

In case the grass LOD brightness or color seems off (it might depend on weathers or ENB settings), change the GrassBrightnessTop and GrassBrightnessBottom settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini.

My grass needs to be darker, as seen in pictures. 

So, in the ini I have: 

; grass LOD brightness multipliers
GrassBrightnessTopR=0.400
GrassBrightnessTopG=0.445
GrassBrightnessTopB=0.450
; make bottom darker to fake shadowing
GrassBrightnessBottomR=0.200
GrassBrightnessBottomG=0.223
GrassBrightnessBottomB=0.225

Would I decrease or increase to make it darker? I assume decrease because of the fake shadowing section.

(images to big to attach.)

https://imgur.com/a/eRZKfQA

https://imgur.com/a/8a6Lkg1

14 minutes ago, RulerOfWorlds said:

My grass needs to be darker, as seen in pictures. 

So, in the ini I have: 

; grass LOD brightness multipliers
GrassBrightnessTopR=0.400
GrassBrightnessTopG=0.445
GrassBrightnessTopB=0.450
; make bottom darker to fake shadowing
GrassBrightnessBottomR=0.200
GrassBrightnessBottomG=0.223
GrassBrightnessBottomB=0.225

Would I decrease or increase to make it darker? I assume decrease because of the fake shadowing section.

(images to big to attach.)

https://imgur.com/a/eRZKfQA

https://imgur.com/a/8a6Lkg1

Correct. Lower values will make it darker.

16 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Anyone knows why is this happening? FYI I am using Open Cities and it works fine before. Do I need to deactivate OCS when generating Occlusion.esp?

ScreenShot32.png

This has nothing to do with Occlusion.

For Open Cities generate LOD as explained in the manual. It requires two passes.

Just now, sheson said:

This has nothing to do with Occlusion.

For Open Cities generate LOD as explained in the manual. It requires two passes.

I already did. What could've went wrong? Here's what I did:

Part 1:
- Generate and install TexGen
- Deactivate OCS.esp
- Generate static LOD with dynamic LOD unchecked
- Click Exit (Not save and exit)

Part 2:
- Activate OCS, and delete OCS warning at the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file
- Generate dynamic LOD with static LOD unchecked
- Click save and exit
- Install DynDOLOD output

1 hour ago, gmahadhika91 said:

I already did. What could've went wrong? Here's what I did:

Part 1:
- Generate and install TexGen
- Deactivate OCS.esp
- Generate static LOD with dynamic LOD unchecked
- Click Exit (Not save and exit)

Part 2:
- Activate OCS, and delete OCS warning at the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file
- Generate dynamic LOD with static LOD unchecked
- Click save and exit
- Install DynDOLOD output

Read the first post what log files to include when making reports.

Hi sheson, 

First thanks for all your work.

I just have an issue with snowy buildings. (Ruins, Bandits towers, Volkihar Castle...)

Here's an example where you can see that the left part of the ruins is a mix of the correct texture for ruins and some unknow white/grey texture, and the right part is fully white/grey. 

Screen-Shot1846.png

Now if i approach the ruins, this strange effect reduces and the texture appears correctly (left is correct but right is still white/grey)

Screen-Shot1847.png

If i continue to walk to the right part it slowely appears correctly when approaching.

Now without Texgen & DynDOLOD

Screen-Shot2171.png

The Ruins looks correct, same for the bandit tower, but...if i regenerate TexGen & DynDOLOD the bandit tower is fully white (even when im close to), and the Ruins looks the same as the 2 previous images.

All screenshots has been taken on new save.

Any idea ? 

@sheson I'm optimizing some mesh rules and am not finding (as per "Performance" sec in doc):

After generating LOD check 'DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_[worldspace name]_mesh_count.txt' for a tab separated text file that lists LOD meshes and their use count to help in the decision what objects to remove in order to gain more performance.

Did the file name/location change for mesh counts?

Perhaps it may be in ..\DynDOLOD-3.00\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_{worldspace}.txt?

00000E07	00000000	71609.585938	64077.003906	2981.428223	11.459200	0.000000	63.025398	1.000000	RockL01Snow	00010800	Snow	Meshes\landscape\rocks\rockl01.nif	meshes\lod\rocks\rockl01_lod_0.nif			
00000E08	00000000	71816.445312	64159.859375	2944.403564	34.377499	0.000000	325.622711	1.000000	RockL03Snow	00010800	Snow	Meshes\landscape\rocks\rockl03.nif	meshes\lod\rocks\rockl03_lod_0.nif			
00000E09	00000000	72022.960938	64219.187500	2672.896973	18.178499	2.584900	354.035492	1.530000	RockL01Snow	00010800	Snow	Meshes\landscape\rocks\rockl01.nif	meshes\lod\rocks\rockl01_lod_0.nif			
00000E0A	00000000	72097.328125	64461.078125	2582.655518	25.023399	323.743011	32.382000	1.000000	RockL01Snow	00010800	Snow	Meshes\landscape\rocks\rockl01.nif	meshes\lod\rocks\rockl01_lod_0.nif

1 hour ago, K4MI20L said:

Hi sheson, 

First thanks for all your work.

I just have an issue with snowy buildings. (Ruins, Bandits towers, Volkihar Castle...)

Here's an example where you can see that the left part of the ruins is a mix of the correct texture for ruins and some unknow white/grey texture, and the right part is fully white/grey. 

Now if i approach the ruins, this strange effect reduces and the texture appears correctly (left is correct but right is still white/grey)

If i continue to walk to the right part it slowely appears correctly when approaching.

Now without Texgen & DynDOLOD

The Ruins looks correct, same for the bandit tower, but...if i regenerate TexGen & DynDOLOD the bandit tower is fully white (even when im close to), and the Ruins looks the same as the 2 previous images.

All screenshots has been taken on new save.

Any idea ? 

Use tfc to make screenshots of LOD close up. Make all screenshots in daylight. 

Is there any difference compared to LOD generated by DynDOLOD 2.x?
Read the first the post what log files to upload/page when making posts.

TexGen/DynDOLOD do not change the snow LOD shaders, which is what is is applied onto the object LOD live in the game . Check in xEdit which plugins modify the material object shaders with form id 00050372 and 006AE38. 

TexGen updates object LOD textures from the currently installed full textures in the load order. The normal map might affect the snow shader.
DynDOLOD uses whatever object LOD textures are currently installed in the load order to add them to the texture atlas.
If normal maps are missing or are low res when TexGen generates object LOD textures or DynDOLOD adds textures to the LOD atlass, I could imagine how that might make the snow LOD shaders look bland.