DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

1 minute ago, sheson said:

It is unclear what the difference is between the 2 rows of screenshots.
You did not upload the source texture in question.

In the vanilla game farmwindowinterior01_m.dds is used as glow map for glow shaders in the vanilla meshes. There is no farmwindowinterior01_g.dds.
The current TexGen configuration for farmwindowinterior01_m.dds is to remove the alpha channel, since glow maps typically do not have an alpha channel.

If there are mods where farmwindowinterior01_m.dds is not a glow map and the glow map has a different filename, I'll need to address that in the tools and configs.

Yes it seems this particular window will be tricky, so I've removed it instead. Thank you for the help

Screenshot-2024-08-03-122720.pngScreenshot-2024-08-03-123358.png

I was mistaken at first I was expecting the .zip to be generated in a different folder.  But when going to the actual folder I see only .bin and .txt files.  What up?

Edited by Braknar

• Braknar changed the title to Dyndolod process is successful. It gets to the end saying "Creating dyndolod_output.zip". The window closes but doesnt create the file.
32 minutes ago, Braknar said:

Screenshot-2024-08-03-122720.pngScreenshot-2024-08-03-123358.png

I was mistaken at first I was expecting the .zip to be generated in a different folder.  But when going to the actual folder I see only .bin and .txt files.  What up?

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts. They should be created when the program ended by clicking the X top right. If not enable real time logging as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs.

Zipping the output folder is a convenience feature that uses 7z64.dll in the Edit Scripts folder. If the output folder still contains the generated files, just use a file manager to move them into a mod folder or zip them yourself.

Make sure the OS, UAC, antivir, etc. are not preventing anything (the Windows Event log might have an entry in that case). 

52 minutes ago, Braknar said:

Here's the logs:
https://ufile.io/f/coczs   

Thank you!

The last message from the TexGen logs shows:
Error: Found stitched object LOD textures from earlier TexGen generation installed in game folder. It is recommended to uninstall all stitched object LOD textures generated earlier before generating new stitched object LOD textures.
Use Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/TexGen-Output#Found-stitched-object-LOD-textures-from-earlier-TexGen-generation for further explanations and help.
TexGen was closed after that.

The last message from the DynDOLOD log (no DynDOLOD debug or realtime logs were provided) shows:
Error: DynDOLOD Resources SE version information not found. Verify correct installation.
Use Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message to open  https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-Resources#Troubleshooting for further explanations and help.
DynDOLOD was closed after that.

1 hour ago, Braknar said:

Thank you.  I tried TexGen again tonight and it looks like it stopped at the same point.  I didn't get the stitched object error.  I put the "CreateMode=1" in the ini.

Here's the debug_log, log and realtime log.

https://ufile.io/f/6i4zq

Unless you are a mod author creating a mod containing new worldspaces do not set CreateMode=1.
You won't get the stichted object error if you follow instructions to remove old TexGen output before generating new one.

Do not set obviously insane settings like 4096 for the Sizes dropdowns.
Delete the presets folder and all files it contains ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Presets\
Start TexGen and do not change anything, use the defaults.

Give the tool time to do its job. With normal settings and a proper PC and game setup TexGen should not take longer than a few minutes.
Upload new TexGen logs in case issue persists.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen
The first time TexGen is started, some settings like the Base size, Units per pixel and the Max texture size are adjusted to the current game resolution as determined by the Prefs, Custom or Display Tweaks INI.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Texture-Resolution

• sheson changed the title to DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 174
On 1/17/2024 at 4:04 PM, sheson said:

The BluePalaceTerrace-LegacyOfTheDragonborn-Patch.esp will be fixed in the next alpha version.

Hi Sheson,

This file has got a name change for the LOTD v6 update. The updated patch - available at the official Legacy of the Dragonborn patches - is called DBM_BluePalaceTerrace_Patch.esp. Could you copy the rules for BluePalaceTerrace-LegacyOfTheDragonborn-Patch.esp to also cover the new version? There might also be some slight edits to the cliff placements in the new patch, so if needed, could you update the rules to take this into account as well?

Thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, Jonado said:

Hi Sheson,

This file has got a name change for the LOTD v6 update. The updated patch - available at the official Legacy of the Dragonborn patches - is called DBM_BluePalaceTerrace_Patch.esp. Could you copy the rules for BluePalaceTerrace-LegacyOfTheDragonborn-Patch.esp to also cover the new version? There might also be some slight edits to the cliff placements in the new patch, so if needed, could you update the rules to take this into account as well?

Thanks in advance.

DynDOLOD does not include any rules for BluePalaceTerrace-LegacyOfTheDragonborn-Patch.esp

What is the actual problem with the new patch? Make a proper problem report with logs and screenshots if required.

All my distant trees have purple textures after updating to latest dyndolod version alpha 174. didn't happen in the old versions. 

Logs keep giving File Not Found Textures errors for the Fabled Forests mod. but i can see that the files are right there in the TexGen Output. i even tried copying the files to their respective mod folders. didn't work. need help

Paste.ee - DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Edited by tropez92
  • +1 1

56 minutes ago, tropez92 said:

All my distant trees have purple textures after updating to latest dyndolod version alpha 174. didn't happen in the old versions. 

Logs keep giving File Not Found Textures errors for the Fabled Forests mod. but i can see that the files are right there in the TexGen Output. i even tried copying the files to their respective mod folders. didn't work. need help

The file not found messages state a fact from the tools point of view. The OS reports the mentioned file path can not be found in the data folder reported at the start of the messages log.

Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\01. Games\Eldergleam\Game Root\Data\
+
[00:52] <Warning: File not found textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestdeadsn
ow02_47cb174a_trunk_1.dds
=
C:\01. Games\Eldergleam\Game Root\Data\textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestdeadsnow02_47cb174a_trunk_1.dds

The OS reports that the file does not exist. Make sure the TexGen ouput is enabled in MO2 and that the tools use the same data path as MO2.

3 minutes ago, sheson said:

The file not found messages state a fact from the tools point of view. The OS reports the mentioned file path can not be found in the data folder reported at the start of the messages log.

+
[00:52] <Warning: File not found textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestdeadsn
=
C:\01. Games\Eldergleam\Game Root\Data\textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestdeadsnow02_47cb174a_trunk_1.dds

The OS reports that the file does not exist. Make sure the TexGen ouput is enabled in MO2 and that the tools use the same data path as MO2.

thanks for the quick reply. I am using the root builder function of MO2, and have TexGen output enabled. so it should pull all of my mods into the Data folder, right? should i place all of the textures that it reports missing directly into C:\01. Games\Eldergleam\Game Root\Data\ then? 

• +1 1

23 minutes ago, sheson said:

+
=

tried moving the textures folders to the Data folder as stated above. no luck. still getting the same errors.

• +1 1

28 minutes ago, tropez92 said:

tried moving the textures folders to the Data folder as stated above. no luck. still getting the same errors.

There is no need to move files to the physical data folder. MO2 maps those files from the TexGen output mod folder to the virtual data folder.

Consider rebooting to reset access issues.
Check the MO2 log (maybe enable debug logging first) for the file paths/names being accessed by the tools and what is reported for them.

Upload the TexGen log and debug log and the DynDOLOD debug log and the MO2 debug log if you need further help.
Not much the tools or I can do about the OS reporting the files not existing, though.

1 hour ago, tropez92 said:

I am getting this to.

Depending on what setting in Dyndolod  - HIGH / made my tree's in the distant purple.. MEDIUM / makes just the trees that are fallen purple.

ie.

https://postimg.cc/vgtWh3zY

on Medium settings these above are purple  LOD, and yet the object refers to Skyrim.esm.. 

Edited by Jayombi