DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

5 hours ago, TheDude said:

Well, I did a new LOD-generation without FXGlow but to no avail, the floating lightbulbs are still present in Markarth... weird...

That is because this is a fake light in child worlds. The source reference is a LIGH and not a base record with a fxglow*.nif  which is what the FxGlow rules are targeting.

我想问一下如何改变一个特定事物的视觉显示的距离(我使用了废墟,这增加了很多索文加德 雕像对于Skyrim,我发现当我使用Xlorgen时,它可以在相当远的地方显示,而当我使用Dyndolod时,只能在非常近的距离上显示)。

Translation: I would like to ask how to change the visual display distance of a particular thing (I used the ruins, which added a lot of Sauvengarten statues. For Skyrim, I found that when I use Xlorgen, it can be displayed at a considerable distance, while When I use Dynalod, it can only be displayed at very close distances).

2 hours ago, WYH77787980 said:

我想问一下如何改变一个特定事物的视觉显示的距离(我使用了废墟,这增加了很多索文加德 雕像对于Skyrim,我发现当我使用Xlorgen时,它可以在相当远的地方显示,而当我使用Dyndolod时,只能在非常近的距离上显示)。

If you use the low or medium preset the LOD for the sovngardestatutes is done as static object LOD just like CK/xLODGen.

However, the high preset has a rule for "sovngardestatue0" which forces the statues to be done as dynamic LOD, so the LOD can rotate to face the player just like the full models. That limits the distance to the Far Grid, which is no problem in the vanilla game and the Sovnguard worldspace.

If the statues are used by mods elsewhere, consider just removing the rule for "sovngardestatue0" from the mesh rule list in the advanced options or add reference rules for the statues that you want to have static object LOD.  The rules should be setting Level0, Level1, Level2, None, VWD, FarLOD, Unchanged just like the last \ rule.

I for some reason keep getitng hit with an access violation bug and  I cant for the life of me figure out what is doing it. Heres my log bugreport.txt

Dyndolod is such an amazing visual mod/tool that I kind of  refuse to play my skyrim without it working. I wanted to try and figure out myself, but im at the end of my rope here. Any advice you could offer me would be appreciated. 

bugreport.txt

9 hours ago, dclzexon said:

I for some reason keep getitng hit with an access violation bug and  I cant for the life of me figure out what is doing it. Heres my log bugreport.txt

Dyndolod is such an amazing visual mod/tool that I kind of  refuse to play my skyrim without it working. I wanted to try and figure out myself, but im at the end of my rope here. Any advice you could offer me would be appreciated. 

bugreport.txt 41.86 kB · 2 downloads

Is there no log or debug log? Post them as well as explained on the first post.

You changed any of the DynDOLOD INI settings?

7 hours ago, sheson said:

Is there no log or debug log? Post them as well as explained on the first post.

You changed any of the DynDOLOD INI settings?

Sorry, I miss understood your instructions on the first page on how to submit the bugs. DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

as for what I've changed, I did delete Open Cities warning and then try to change the ini to debug mode. Both of them didnt work, so I did a clean re install into the root of my Z: drive and tried again, same problem even with everything restarted. 

Edited by dclzexon

2 minutes ago, dclzexon said:

Sorry, I miss understood your instructions on the first page on how to submit the bugs. DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

as for what I've changed, I did delete Open Cities warning and then try to change the ini to debug mode. Both of them didnt work, so I did a clean re install into the root of my Z: drive and tried again, same problem even with everything restarted. 

It is very unlikely to have this problem with a default INI. Upload the one you have so I c an make it more error resilient.

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

Until next alpha is out, make sure to change the line to

WarnModFileName=Occlusion

Worked like a skyrim horse climbing up a mountain. Cant believe I didnt catch how that would cause problems in retrospect.

thank you for your help, Sheson.

bah, sucks to be back so soon after the last problem just got fixed, but Im running into yet another problem I havent been able to piece together on my own.

My grass loading always just cuts off after walking only a few cells from my original load in point. It is a stark and harsh line too. Some posts said that it meant Im running out of Vram, but im curious as to how thats possible when I have a 10g of it. Here are my pref ini's if they mater Skyrim.ini SkyrimPrefs.ini and my nograss GrassControl.config.txt

My dyndolod settings are "Set GrassLargeReference to 1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini so grass LOD starts right beyond the large reference distance (uLargeRefLODGridSize, typically between 5 = off and 11). Use this with DynDOLODGrassMode = 2 in ..\NetScriptFramework\Plugins\GrassControl.config.txt" as explained on the front page, I've already tried re genning it all from scratch and to no avail. 

Edited by dclzexon

5 hours ago, dclzexon said:

bah, sucks to be back so soon after the last problem just got fixed, but Im running into yet another problem I havent been able to piece together on my own.

My grass loading always just cuts off after walking only a few cells from my original load in point. It is a stark and harsh line too. Some posts said that it meant Im running out of Vram, but im curious as to how thats possible when I have a 10g of it. Here are my pref ini's if they mater Skyrim.ini SkyrimPrefs.ini and my nograss GrassControl.config.txt

My dyndolod settings are "Set GrassLargeReference to 1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini so grass LOD starts right beyond the large reference distance (uLargeRefLODGridSize, typically between 5 = off and 11). Use this with DynDOLODGrassMode = 2 in ..\NetScriptFramework\Plugins\GrassControl.config.txt" as explained on the front page, I've already tried re genning it all from scratch and to no avail. 

Grass LOD that is added to object LOD does not affect the grass that is loaded in the cells and up to the distance it has been set to.

Read the second post to learn how to generate LOD for grass in object LOD and how to troubleshoot it.

14 hours ago, sheson said:

Grass LOD that is added to object LOD does not affect the grass that is loaded in the cells and up to the distance it has been set to.

Read the second post to learn how to generate LOD for grass in object LOD and how to troubleshoot it.

It took alot of trouble shooting on my side, but yes you were right. The answer was indeed that I missed the step, not understanding what it meant to generate precache. Thank you for atleast taking the time to point me in the right direction, I dont think I would have caught it if you had not.